It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Conservative Party shows its true color.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
First off, Popeye, I would like to thank you for your posts in this thread.

I enjoyed your point of view as well as your observances of the Candadian election.

Yet I need to understand your last post better.

Also...do not take my little rant below as being pointed toward you alone.

I am aware that I myself have a deep conservative bent and so I need to gaurd myself when it comes to Harpers philosophy.

I don't believe that map for one second (conspiracy nut case).

Are you pointing the "conspiracy nut case" finger at me?

Are you then concluding that because the CAP website has posted these maps, referenced them to those who want a North America Union that the CAP persons are all "conspiracy nutcase" persons?

That type of response, no matter who you are pointing the finger at, shows fear. It is a very emotional response.

To me the American Union is not the real point of this thread.

The point of the thread is the observable actions of the Conservative Party in Canada.

Lets look at that.

They have been caught losing important documents at a Hells Angels girlfriends condo. (by the way the HA's keep a promise unlike Harper)

They have been recorded, with the comments that there are A people (conservatives who agree with Harper) and B people. B persons, according to the Conservatives are homosexual persons with dirty fingernails who spread disease.

They crack bad jokes at those who have lost loved ones because of bad meat at a deregulated Maple Leaf Foods slaughter house.

They crack bad jokes concerning First Nations persons who dare to exercise thier democratic rights via protest.

They ignore Canadians who were tortured.

They try to decide what is art by trying to place "Conservative standards" for the Canadian Film industry and art community.

They ignore the international voice when it speaks up in defense of child soldiers.

If you observe the Conservative party and its words, deeds and actions it could very well be compared to Archie Bunker from All in the Family.

If you are to young to know who Archie bunker was, he was a bigot who found it difficult to accept others point of views and others ways of living.

No party is perfect but to be frank it seems as if the Conservative Party of Canada are trying to drag us back to the 1950's.

Yes....that was a time when Canada had the worlds fastest jet....but the conservative PM at the time decided to destroy the jet in order to satisfy our neighbours south of us.

In June 1957, the Liberals lost the election, and a Progressive Conservative government under John Diefenbaker took power. Diefenbaker, from the Canadian west, had campaigned on a platform of reining in what they claimed was "rampant Liberal spending.....Declassified records show Avro management was caught unprepared by the suddenness of the announcement by the government. The cancellation immediately put over 50,000 people out of work at the plants and outside suppliers. Within two months, all aircraft, engines, production tooling and technical data were ordered scrapped
en.wikipedia.org...

Just as a right wing Pm kissed the butt of the American president in the 1950's so is PM Harper kissing the butt of Bush.

Harper, Bush Share Roots in Controversial Philosophy.....What do close advisors to Stephen Harper and George W. Bush have in common? They reflect the disturbing teachings of Leo Strauss, the German-Jewish émigré who spawned the neoconservative movement.

Strauss, who died in 1973, believed in the inherent inequality of humanity. Most people, he famously taught, are too stupid to make informed decisions about their political affairs. Elite philosophers must decide on affairs of state for us.

thetyee.ca...

So it seems that we as Canadians, according to a philosophy held by Harper, are not smart enough to decide for ourselves.

We are simply "nutcases" who are too stupid to make informed choices.

AND they call it Democracy! (Bruce Cockburn)

[edit on 20-9-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
why is no one talking about the Green Party? They have more popular momentum than any other party at present, the green shift carbon tax the liberals and NDP are aspousing came right out of the Green platform, they're supporting proportional representation (1 person 1 vote), they have conservative income and employer tax cutting economic policies, they suggest cutting subsidy to oil and gas industry and helping underwrite green economy businesses... they stand for daycare, workers rights and most of all the environment... what's more they are beating the bloq and neck and neck with the NDP in popularity polls. Though they're still a grass roots movemnet, ity wojn't be long until they start talking over parliment as they have in germany....

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
why is no one talking about the Green Party? Though they're still a grass roots movemnet, ity wojn't be long until they start talking over parliment as they have in germany....

At least their leader will be part of the televised debate (French & English).

Providing a good showing, I think they might grow in popularity.

Here in Québec, for those who cannot support Harper, they will vote either:

1- Bloc (strategic voting in some riding) to prevent Majority for Conservative.
2- NDP (parking vote, could change at the last minute).
3- Green (ecology is somewhat a new "religion", so has appeal).
4- Liberal (in several riding, except Montreal Anglo riding, it will be 3 or 4th).

I think, the PCC will win (Liberal or NDP cannot win Nationwide), the only question Majority or Minority.

If it is minority, no big drama here, it is the actual situation, and it will send the message to the PCC that Canadians are not willing to give them a majority government (especially after having see them govern for a while).

If it is a Majority government, be prepare for all sorts of freakish issues returning in the front seat.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ok first of all they are the 6 nations of kanata , who are they ?

In Amerika they are the original 11 nations , the native nations , the indians . In Kanata they are Cree , Souix , Huron , Mowhawk , Tonnawanda and Anasawknee . The Cree and Souix are Evrit and Chyanne , the Blue Angels , the Mowhawk and huron are the Huron Fleet , the Thunderbirds and the Tonnnawanda and Anasawknee are Blue Thunder helicopter squadrons . They are dual residents and there actual rez in in Amerika , the 2 strike eagle demo squadron groups are amerika state police and the Blue Thunder are US Military and ALL fly canadian birds .

They are the proud 6 nations of Kanata , Evrit and Chyanne do the COOLEST motocade on harleys on earth dude !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join