It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Conservative Party shows its true color.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I believe in taking a part in the political process in order to exercise my rights as a citizen.

I was once a member of the Progressive Conservative party in Canada but I have let it lapse as I have been appalled at their view of Canadian First Nations, gay and lesbian persons, allowing child soldiers to be detained without a lawyer and the rights of some Canadian Muslims who have been tortured with the full knowledge of Prime Minister
Steven Harper.

I want to emphasize that I am in no way pro Muslim yet I would still stand for their rights as Canadian citizens in the court of law.

Read below.

I will provide links to the horrible comments on minorities by the Canadian PC government

Harper defends minister who made listeriosis jokes
www.cbc.ca...

In the above article a PC member of parliment jokes about the death of a women who died from Maple Leaf Foods listeriosis.

Tories say sorry for aboriginal slur
www.edmontonsun.com...

In this article a PC member of parliment jokes about a First Nation Protester being drunk. (which he was not)

Harper tripped up again by hyper-partisan campaign staff
www.edmontonsun.com...

The Tories responded to this brush fire as they often have: They whacked it with a sledgehammer.

Here they attacked a father whose son was killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan. Sad.

Federal response to Arar inquiry largely a mystery two years later

...Arar, a Syrian-born Canadian, was detained in New York in September 2002 and shortly after deported by U.S. authorities - ending up in a grave-like Damascus cell where he gave false confessions about terrorist ties

Here the Canadian Prime Minister tried to cover up the torture of a Canadian.

The crazies in Parliament.......Another Conservative Saskatchewan MP, Tom Lukiwski of the Regina-Lumsden-Lake Centre riding, was in the news this year when a video of him from 1991 surfaced. The video, shot when he was a provincial Tory organizer, showed him celebrating an electoral victory.

"There's As and there's Bs," Lukiwski says on the tape. "The As are guys like me, the Bs are homosexual faggots with dirt under their fingernails that transmit diseases."

I cannot get over the bigots who have taken over Canada.

It is truly sad.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yes, it is sad the way our countries leaders have gone.

Just one correction though whiteraven. This isn't the Progressive Conservative Party of Mulroney, Clarke, Stanfield et all. This is a much more true conservative, much farther right leaning party than that of the Former PC's.

It is basically an amalgamation of the Alliance and the Reform parties of the 90's. The former PC party basically died in the '93 election.

I'm sure you know this though.

Some of the mistakes and comments made by the Conservatives on this campaign have been terrible. The last one by Minister Ritz was just plain wrong.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

www.cbc.ca...

The Canadian Press reported on Wednesday that Ritz made the controversial remarks at an August conference call with scientists, bureaucrats and political staff.

Fretting about the political dangers of the crisis, Ritz reportedly quipped: "This is like a death by a thousand cuts. Or should I say cold cuts."

When mistakenly told about a reported death in Prince Edward Island, Ritz said: "Please tell me it's [Liberal MP] Wayne Easter." It has now been determined that no one has died from the listeriosis outbreak in P.E.I.

"I think this story is obviously very embarrassing for him, very unfortunate," Harper said.

After the above jokes where made, which greatly hurt and offended the families of those who had died, Harper said implied that this was embarrassing for the evil psycho as if his feelings should matter.

In fact, I found the wording of the joke revealing, as it sounds like the kind of thing that has been joked about amongst a certain in group in parliament, and to me implies knowledge of this. When I'm hearing this, I'm actually hearing a group of bildenburg depopulators laughing about a deliberately induced incident. No one will ever convince me otherwise based on the ease that the joke rang off his tongue.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just hope they (the Conservative Party) don't get a majority government.

PC was right on lowering the GST (7 to 5%) and couple of other things, but their environmental policies are laughing matter around the world, they would like to bring back the debate on abortion, gays marriage, death penalty, etc. Similar in thinking (on several issues) to George W. Bush.

The way it goes so far, they are heading toward majority (Liberals are so weak).

For the most part, it will decided in Québec (battle outside Montréal between Bloc & PC, Liberals are third, sometimes fourth).

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As a Canadian I really dislike how they have turned out, and it totaly freaks me out knowing how much Harper seems to be a puppet for the same people Bush is. I just cant understand why people let scum bag politicians get into office and run things for the worse? Why do we let it happen anywhere?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thank you for the clarification.

You are correct in saying that they are very far right, with roots in the Reform Party and Preston Manning.

I often wonder how Canadians who are so open and full of acceptance have allowed a extreme right wing party to gain so much power.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PopeyeFAFL

Dion does not seem to be helping matters. lol

He tries really hard but he has no charisma.

He does seem to be very inteligent but I cannot agree fully with his green shift.

I may need to look at the "greenshift" closer.

Although this country is so beautiful, so full of prostine wilderness as well as minerals and oil it befuddles me upon how to prosper and still remain pristine.

The NDP leader, Layton, is at least a little bit centerist.

It is really a difficult choice.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The election is being called, just prior to whatever is intended to take place in the US, due to an all time high in the polls. They're going for, and probably will get a majority government!
What really upsets me is, the other leaders are not coming out with the truth! Imagine how people would vote if several parties told everyone what really was going on in the world!
Each and every one of them has been paid off and because I consider this election to be crucial for whatever is planned to go down in the next few years until 2012, its too much. I am asking all the opposition parties to be heros and stand up for the truth and speak it.
Forget the ticket out of dodge. Stand with the people.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

As a Canadian I really dislike how they have turned out, and it totaly freaks me out knowing how much Harper seems to be a puppet for the same people Bush is
reply to post by Slickinfinity

How true.

Harper seems to be involved with the Bilderbergs.

HARPER NEW BILDERBERG BOY......Bilderbergers are nervous about their host for this year�s secret meeting near Ottawa, Canada.

But this is not the first time the new Conservative prime minister, Stephen Harper, has been part of this elite group of secret world leaders. Harper was photographed at the 2003 meeting in Versailles, France.

www.americanfreepress.net...

The article says that they eye Harper with suspicion as they should.

Harper, who is a member of the American Christian and Missionary Alliance, founded by A.B. Simpson, a far right wing Christian minister, has broken promises to both Saskatchewan as well as to the Atlantic provinces.

The Newfoundland goverment is so angry at Harper for lying to the people oif Newfoundland that the Newfoundland slogan is ABC. Anything but Conservative.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Please, please, please do not call the Conservative Party of Canada the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada. The PC's were officially dissolved in December 2003.

Two completely different entities. I was a member of the Progressive Conservative Party (this may be a shock to some) before we got sold down the river.

Anyhoo, it's just been apology after apology for them the last few weeks. Which isn't too surprising for those who know the history of the party. I personally can't believe they are going after the immigrant vote - but I guess new Canadians weren't around when the Reform/Alliance were openly anti-immigration/multiculturalism.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Please, please, please do not call the Conservative Party of Canada the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada. The PC's were officially dissolved in December 2003.
reply to post by Duzey

Again...good clarification. I was out of Canada during the shift in the conservatives. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

The short version is, there was a misguided notion to 'unite the right' to win more seats. There was a fight over it and then Peter McKay as leader of the PC negotiated the merger with the Reform/Alliance after promising not to in the leadership race.

The Blue Tories stayed with the new Conservative Party and many of the Red Tories sat as independant or moved to the Liberals. So now you have a party that is populated with the right wing of the right wing.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Wow. I had no idea. It is still very hard for me to grasp how far right the Conservative party has become.

Canada truly needs to return to her roots and once again, begin to live up to its reputaion of being tolerant and free.

Thanks again for clarification.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Honestly I will never vote for these guys nor will I vote for liberals. My vote goes to either Canadian Action party or the Green party. My first pick is CAP.
The CAP promotes the same beliefs as Dr. Ron Paul which I am a fan of.

The Canadian Action Party actually believe that 9/11 was an inside job and they mention is on their web-site. They also promote End Game by Alex Jones. They make a mention of the NWO. Honestly if we don't want our country following the same routes as the US we will vote for Green or AP.

Link to their web-site.
Canadian Action Party
[edit on 18-9-2008 by Equinox99]

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

The CAP promotes the same beliefs as Dr. Ron Paul which I am a fan of.

I have never heard of the CAP's. I will research them tonight a little as I am a big fan of Dr. Ron Paul.

edit Here is a link to the Canadian Action party,www.canadianactionparty.ca...

as well as a map of a highway system they claim is a proposal that the Conservatives and Liberals agree with.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Good bunch of people. Trust me.

Connie Fogal is a remarkable lady.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Yup, the only sad thing is not a lot of people know of it's existence. Like the US we are only running 2 way debates. I just hope this party gets enough momentum to gain a few seats in the parliament.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

That is the most offensive map I've ever seen! Not in my lifetime or my childrens!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

That is the most offensive map I've ever seen! Not in my lifetime or my childrens!

Go to the CAP website. It seems that Canada has been moving toward the North American Union for some time. Very interesting link. Thanks to all.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Originally posted by mystiq

Go to the CAP website. It seems that Canada has been moving toward the North American Union for some time. Very interesting link. Thanks to all.

I don't believe that map for one second (conspiracy nut case).

At least if they were putting TGV (Train Grand Vitesse - Fast Train) along those lines, we might go somewhere fast (and save fuel moving people and goods).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join