It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Current Economic Chaos 'Is The End Of President Bush's Legacy': O'Reilly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The Current Economic Chaos 'Is The End Of President Bush's Legacy': O'Reilly

thinkprogress.org

On his radio show yesterday, conservative talker Bill O’Reilly concluded that the current “economic chaos” on Wall Street spells “the end of President Bush’s legacy.” Citing Bush’s “poor leadership,” O’Reilly declared:

He’s done. He’s through. … He will now go down in history…as an ineffectual leader. And I’ll tell you the reason why, it’s poor leadership on his part. The people that he picked to run certain things have been disastrous. And no leadership and now Americans are getting hurt.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My, my, my....How far down the rabbit hole we have all tumbled, when one of the biggest shills on Fox News has FINALLY concluded what all of us have been saying for years now. And there's only ONE reason he would finally say something like this:

Because now it is effecting HIM too.

All those hours spent screaming at and belittling guests, turning their microphones off, calling anybody who spoke up about this disastrous administrations endless collosal screw-ups "unpatriotic"....And now look, Bill O'LIEly himself has finally had no choice but to wake up to the devastating reality of it all...

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No, he is getting ready to go down on the next idiot in office.. Thats all.. His services are no longer needed by bush..

He will soon start sucking it for the next guy.. So either way he cant be trusted as far as he can be thrown.. which isnt to far.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You know what who cares, Bush will retired from the white house Office as one of the worst presidents in history and what we get! an economic crisis, a new branch of the fed to make it bigger and a bankrupt and indebted nation.

Still he will go back to reap the benefits of everything he has done for corporate America.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Wow...When you lose a freakin' nut like O'Reilly you know you've screwed things up bad....Well, we know anyway...Bush is still in Magic Land with FEMA the magical unicorn.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Now he says this? Amazing. I mean, I'm pleased that their is an end to his partisan bias, but it's sad that it is that far. Sadly, there are still many who would stand up for him.

I wish I could play clips of Rush Limbaugh on here. He's #$%@'in crazy. I have no idea how he is even allowed to talk on air. He should be in a straight jacket.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My god....talk about signs of the apocalypse! Bill-o finally admits defeat and removes his lips from Bushes bum!!! I never thought this day would come. He has spent the last 8 year of his life defending this terrible administration to the death! Way to save face..pinhead

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If I weren't so scared, I'd be laughing my butt off right now. As it is, things must be a whole lot worse than I thought if Bill O. is talking truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It is obvious that even O'Reilly can see the deception and the corruption and inability of our government and congress to take a handle on this nations economic crisis, they rather leave early for home and let the Fed and the treasury department do the governing.

We are in a deep mess and even Fox can not be so blind to what is going on.

I have to give credit to O'Reilly he at least care about the America people even if our government doesn't anymore.

So far is been a few public, figures that has made comments about the administration and the nations affairs, the warnings are there but nobody listens.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Seems that one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse fell off his donkey. Hilarious.

When even O'Reilly can't lie his way around something, you know it's bad.

I'm sorry, but I think the dollar is done now. Viva el amero!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
If I weren't so scared, I'd be laughing my butt off right now. As it is, things must be a whole lot worse than I thought if Bill O. is talking truth.

I agree with you 100%. I saw the end of Bill's show last night (hubby had it on, don't blame me!) and I was shocked to hear him blasting the administration over the economy mess. In fact, I had a bit of a giggle at first because it was so surreal.

Then it occurred to me that for Bill "Bush Buttkisser" O'Reilly to turn on this administration, we have to be in serious trouble.
I wasn't giggling after that, and this story doesn't make me feel any better at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
He's just cutting ties to the Bush admin since there on the way out, making it look like he actually is a journalist with some integrity. He's gearing up to suck up to McPalin.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Two thoughts...

On Wednesday, BillO was incensed that his portfolio had lost (according to him) "Millions" over the past year. He's a reactionary, lashing out at anything he percieves to be an appropriate target for his diatribe. Bush fits the description in his mind currently, so he reacted. No stock is put in it when he lashes out against a Nancy Pelosi, an illegal immigrant, or a ghetto rapper... so why put any stock in him lashing out against Bush? (I already know the answer, so it was a hypothetical question... that answer being "Because him targetting Bush suits our personal agenda, we'll now talk about O'Reilly as if his opinion has some merit... at least until he redirects his verbal manifestos against someone we agree with, then he's an idiot again.")

2nd thought: Bill's right on the money on one issue. Bush DID select the wrong people to place in positions of power around him. Personally, I do not consider GWB to be one of the worst presidents, generally speaking, in history. I do, however, consider him to be one of the worst delegators of authority ever to sit in the Oval Office. The man chose the worst policy advisors, the worst cabinet members, and the most personal agenda driven Washington bureaucrats of any president in recent history... and he trusted his choices to the degree that he actually listened to what they said and used their bad advice to help him set policy. This was one of Ronald Reagans strong points which frequently gets overlooked... the man was called "The Great Communicator" and rightfully so, but he also could have been called the "Great Delegator" because not only did he select a brilliant ballance of agressive consultants and more patient consultants, he also used common sense & a wider view of the overall picture when considering any of their advice. It seems at time like Bush has placed far too much trust in his advisors and not enough trust in hims own thoughts on various issues. (Which is why, sad as I am to admit it, there's a lot of truth to saying GWB lacks political curiosity. He listens to possible solutions only until he hears one that sounds approppriate and then picks that solution without hearing the alternatives or considering the further reaching ramifications of his advisor's recomendations. Not a good practice for the leader of the free world.)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It could be that O'Reilly is just looking out for his own skin. After Bush is gone O'Reilly will need to ride the coattails of someone else. Sounds like he's contrasting McCain to Bush without specifically saying so.

Slam Bush in order to shed favorable light on McCain.

How's that? Not unique or even clever. I don't trust O'Reilly, and I think he's just laying out the roadmap for his continued service to the nation's idiocy. He's making an attempt to do nothing more than keep his audience in tow. Because he deserves some of the blame for helping to blind his audience to the ills of the Bush presidency. Now that everybody knows that Bush was the worst ever, O'Reilly is trying to keep his mojo working.

I hope it's busted for good!!!

top topics

join