It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Use DHS Money to Scan Fingerprints at Checkpoints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

* e * About Jul 17 4 Cops Use DHS Money to Scan Fingerprints at Checkpoints High tech gadget instantly reveals identities Police officials are excited about a new high tech gadget that will make their jobs a little bit easier. Through a Homeland Security grant, Los Angeles County purchased 500 mobile fingerprint scanning devices that can be used by officers in the field. The device allows officers to identify people through their fingerprints who have previously been booked through the Los Angeles County penal system. Roughly 200 scanners went to LAPD, and the rest were spread to agencies throughout the county. The Claremont Police Department only got one, but it has already been put to good use. Police just picked up the machine last Thursday, and by Friday it helped them nab a potentially dangerous criminal. At a sobriety checkpoint on Indian Hill Boulevard, just south of the 10 Freeway, over 2000 vehicles were screened, resulting in 14 arrests. Two were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
blog.t1production.com...

here is a link www.checkpointusa.org... referring to a person's personal experiences with the recent outright and total disregard for individual rights on all level.

'Random' searches of passengers on Metrolink latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Frequent traveler program slated for Borderland www.ifallsdailyjournal.com...

people this is getting to be pretty scary stuff so here is a great link to survival site for dummies like me www.uaff.us...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So, which right under the Bill of Rights does this violate? Although, it wouldn't surprise me if one's in the works, seeing as criminals now a days have more rights than the victims they prey on. Until then, I'm glad to see the DHS is providing the tools needed to local law enforcement to help protect the law abiding citizens they are sworn to protect.

Among those stopped at the checkpoint was a man who told police that he did not have his driver license. His car was pulled off to the shoulder, where police asked his identity.

“He supplied a name that we ran a records check on that came back with no match,” Claremont Police Captain Jenkins said.

Claremont Police Corporal Chris Bradley then put the department’s new gadget to use for the first time. The man’s index fingers were scanned right at the scene and 5 minutes later, the police had the information they needed.

“We were able to pull up all his real information; his name, date of birth and all that,” Corp. Bradley said. “And then we saw that he had a no-bail parole hold.”

Albert Dominguez, 26, of Chino, was a parole violator out on murder charges. He is now in custody in Los Angeles.

“The nice thing about this is, we were able to identify him right there out in the field,” Corp. Bradley said.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Honestly, I see nothing wrong with this. So what? They can scan your fingerprint and get your identity! Oh no! Not like they can't do that already. This just allows them to do it out in the field.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The lack of interest in this is appalling. What happened to fighting crime? Now they just criminalize everyone and see who they can prosecute. How do they expect to fight terrorism with this? How does the government having my fingerprints make me safer? What happened to freedom of travel, the right to be free of frivolous government harassment, to be secure in my belonging (including my fingerprints), to be presumed innocent, to not be searched without cause and evidence? If you want to track the police state, follow the DHS money!

Your papers please!

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

i agree w/you in the lack of interest in this thread. this is not to protect and serve the once free people of this country is is seek to dominate and control. getting the masses conditioned to what is in store once our economy bottoms out. it serves to instill fear. you are right when you say: "show me your papers." the people of this country will no longer be free to travel from east to west or north to south w/out proper identification. ever heard of the passport card?

The passport card is a wallet-size card that can only be used for land and sea travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda. The card will provide a less expensive, smaller, and more convenient alternative to the passport book for those who travel frequently to these destinations by land or by sea.
travel.state.gov...

To facilitate the frequent travel of Americans living in border communities, and to meet the Department of Homeland Security’s operational needs along the land borders, the passport card will have a vicinity-read radio frequency identification (RFID) chip. With this technology, Customs and Border Protection inspectors will be able to access photographs and other biographical information stored in secure government databases before the traveler reaches the inspection station.
travel.state.gov...

this is our government's way of implementing the RFID.....getting it in thru the backdoor so to speak. U.S. Border Patrol mouthpiece Michael Bermudez said:

"Bermudez said the temporary checkpoints' primary objectives are to apprehend terrorists and illegal immigrants. They also are used in conjunction with local law enforcement to arrest felons, seize drugs and weapons and to deter illegal activity, he added.
www.freedomsphoenix.com...

those that feel more safe are those that have eyes but do not see and ears but do not hear.

welcome to the North American Union and the New World Order!

top topics

join