It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunkworks and Woodward Interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

New to the site, apologies if the above image has been posted somewhere before. I was hoping that someone might be able to identify the two aircraft in the corners of the picture(the one in the top right possibly being Aurora). And secondly, any thoughts on whether any of the UAVs or future aircraft might be involved in what Bob Woodward was talking about in his interview the other night as the advanced technology or methods that has caused the turnaround in the Iraq war? Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Click on the "Board" button at the top of the intro screen. Scroll down to "Science Topics" and you will find the "Advanced Aircraft Projects" forum. That is where this post will get a response.

Skunk Works is for Conspiracy Theories with little or in most cases no evidence and of questionable merit.

Lots of aircraft enthusiasts here. You should get plenty of help there.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
thanks for the info, I have reposted it there.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Don't read too much into the CG images that are rendered there but if you interested in what they may be or designed for. The one on the right appears to have a cockpit so its manned and the one to the left looks like a version of the GlobalHawk. Really I can't place a name for em but If I see anything I'll let u know.

Also of note the f-22 which is labeled the yf-22 lightning dates this image as quite old. somewhere between 96-99.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The "Walrus" looks sexy as hell!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Maroon5

The aircraft in the corners aren't the interesting thing. Supposedly every skunk in a cloud represents an undisclosed classified aircraft. If you can figure out what those are, then you'd really be on to something.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by crusader97]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Also of note the f-22 which is labeled the yf-22 lightning dates this image as quite old. somewhere between 96-99.
[edit on 19-9-2008 by Canada_EH]

With that logic the FB-22 is a done deal, and was in service prior to the F-22...
I think the poster was actually made in the 2003-4 time frame. That doesn't explain the appearance of the YF-22, but that's the earliest that I think I remember seeing it.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crusader97

I have never heard the skunks in the cloud reference, any ideas on what they might be?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You right and I did miss the FB-22 in the picture which just makes me all the more confused. the FB-22 was launched to the Forces as a concept in 2002 so yeah there goes my theory or at least a wrench into it. As far as I know the F-22 was maybe only called the lightning internally at Lockheed hence why they may still refer to it as such but sheesh it looks more like a mistake to me then anything. Point is I wouldn't trust the images on the image. Would you agree?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
also, back to the original post, any thoughts on if any of the UAVs might be involved in what Woodward was talking about?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Maroon5

I never have seen or read the interview do you a have a link or more information?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maroon5

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sorry, both of those links suck, new to the site and having problems hyperlinking. If you just google it or go to the cbsnews website it was the 60 minutes piece about a week ago.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH

Would you agree?

Yes. I think it was probably put together pretty quickly. It's a nice concept, but did not receive as much attention to detail as it deserved.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maroon5

I have never heard the skunks in the cloud reference, any ideas on what they might be?

I counted 8 skunks - so there is almost certainly 2-3 UAV's (big brother of Darkstar etc...), probably 2-3 fighter prototypes with various 'new' technologies, and probably 2-3 larger projects (stealthy transport aircraft, maybe another ship, maybe stealthy JSTARS). If you look in between the Have Blue and the F-117, there is an odd little figure. I count six of these in the image. I have no idea what they are or what they represent. Ideas?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The figures are for the Collier Trophy winners.

www.faa.gov...

top topics

join