It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is every Meier photo a fake ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

So if it's all real, I guess that's just too bad for us and him

nice logic you got there !

well too bad some of these might be real

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the use is showing a truckload of Meier pics. In all fairness you should mention that it is claimed Meier took around 1200 photographs (source Michael Horn) but that around 200 apparently remain. It's also fair to mention that apparently not a single negative of that entire collection remains, making it impossible to study them with the current high-tech equipment. That should be taken into account when discussing Meier's photographs and taken into consideration about their authenticity.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
First off let me say....there is NOTHING i hate more than UFO hoaxers. They ruin the entire credibility of the subject.

Secondly, after some of the hoaxes Meir pulled (faking photos, using a Sear's model cutout as his "Alien girl" picture, his wife showing people model UFOs he had made), everyone here should take his photos with a grain of salt. In other words, if i were to make a compilation of the best UFO photos to date, not a single one would be from Billy Meir. Does this mean all his photos are fake? Honestly...probably. But we can't be sure, and since we have no negatives to even study his pictures, we can never know for sure. But since he was already caught hoaxing, i have no faith in anything from him.

~Sele ( too lazy to make an account)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

First off let me say....there is NOTHING i hate more than UFO hoaxers. They ruin the entire credibility of the subject.

Secondly, after some of the hoaxes Meir pulled (faking photos, using a Sear's model cutout as his "Alien girl" picture, his wife showing people model UFOs he had made), everyone here should take his photos with a grain of salt. In other words, if i were to make a compilation of the best UFO photos to date, not a single one would be from Billy Meir. Does this mean all his photos are fake? Honestly...probably. But we can't be sure, and since we have no negatives to even study his pictures, we can never know for sure. But since he was already caught hoaxing, i have no faith in anything from him.

~Sele (ignore double post, sorry)

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just the opinion of one man getting involved here...

But maybe he did see something, something which could possibly have changed all mankinds view on whether or not "extraterrestrial" life exists out there; and they got to him?

Maybe he was made/cohersed into providing the fake documents to personally ridicule himself so that no-one would believe him; ever again?

But on the other hand the Gov't or whoever else probably wouldn't have had a problem doing that themselves...

Just a thought though.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TerraX

In all fairness you should mention that it is claimed Meier took around 1200 photographs (source Michael Horn) but that around 200 apparently remain.

quite an accomplishment in my opinion.

It's also fair to mention that apparently not a single negative of that entire collection remains,

i can think of a couple different reasons why that is.

That should be taken into account when discussing Meier's photographs and taken into consideration about their authenticity.

it's also claimed that they were confiscated to hide the truth so i also take that into consideration.

I'm not sure what the use is showing a truckload of Meier pics.

the fact that there is a truckload of photos is amazing, no ?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I initially hesitated posting here this being a Meier thread and all. These Meier threads can get quite nasty. Me personally, I'm still on the fence. The Wedding Cake photo looks terribly fake, but some of the other photos like these onSe, looks incredibly real and almost impossible to fake.

If Meier's contact was real, there remains a small possibility he would have deliberately faked some of his own photos to keep all sorts of unwanted figures away. Improbable but still possible.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NightVision]

[edit on 19-9-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

great examples

Me personally, I'm still on the fence. The Wedding Cake photo looks terribly fake, but some of the other photos like these onSe, looks incredibly real and almost impossible to fake.

i agree with your observations and the photo's that look impossible to fake have never been debunked...been many attempts but nothing i've seen refutes the evidence.

here is another photo that i think would be hard to fake...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i think hes for real until proven otherwise. but even the disproof has to be proven which then has to be proven.

its hard to say although i really do feel a genuineness about it all

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

its hard to say although i really do feel a genuineness about it all

yea i know what you mean , even though i am on the fence about it. is it because we want to believe that we feel that way ? hmm...

here's another photo that would not be easy to fake imo

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
here's a nice link to some more info regarding billy and horn and the things they do

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

hey thanks for the link to the dis-info...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
One final response and then I'm out of this thread, as always degenerate into the same thing and become hopelessly pointless.

It doesn't matter how many pictures you present, or how much they look like they "couldn't be faked," or how many times you yell, "Look at the pictures!"

They're just pictures. Just because I don't know how they could be faked doesn't mean they weren't. I wasn't there. Nobody was but Billy, with the exception of maybe, on a couple of occasions, a couple of his most fervent supporters (whose testimony could arguably be less than reliable).

That's what other legitimate non-photographic evidence, that can be tested and verified by a number of neutral, disinterested investigators is for. Unfortunately, none of the non-photographic evidence Meier has ever presented has held up to unbiased scrutiny.

But I have a completely open mind about it. If he can come up with decent corroborative evidence, verified by unbiased experts, I'll be happy to change my mind about it. Most reasonable people would. But he hasn't done it in 30 years or so, so I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

They're just pictures. Just because I don't know how they could be faked doesn't mean they weren't. I wasn't there. Nobody was but Billy, with the exception of maybe, on a couple of occasions, a couple of his most fervent supporters (whose testimony could arguably be less than reliable).

at least he had some witnesses, something most contactee's don't have. there were many photo's taken by other people also that were with Billy at the time that showed ufo"s flying around. explain that one.

people that have tried to recreate the Meier photo's don't take into consideration that these photos were taken over thirty years ago by a one armed man. not an easy task to create this many fakes.

Tony Wharton tried to reproduce the Billy Meier video and did not come even close to matching the skills it would have taken to create these video's

you can read his statements here...
www.theyfly.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
here's a nice link to some more info regarding billy and horn and the things they do

www.abovetopsecret.com...

holy sock puppet one liner post linked to the disinfo parade party

umm..sorry but that link to all that is meaningless.

it's all a weak attempt to debunk Meiers using some little childs game that Horn and Derek Bartholomaus are playing with each other.

what a joke

“I will also agree with Horn that the photograph section of the short version

of my lecture was the weakest part of my presentation.”

Derek Bartholomaus, lead investigator CFI-West/IIG

theyfly.com...

[edit on 19-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

here's a nice link with more info regarding Derek Barholomaus,

www.theyfly.com...

Deathblow to attacks by James Randi, Derek Barholomaus, David Biedney, Paul Kimball; frustrated skeptics threaten to sue!

Bartholomaus, whose company had long referred to Meier’s UFO photos and films as “an easily duplicated hoax”, sought to convince Uncharted Territory to refute any statements attributed to them that could be construed as supporting the authenticity of Meier’s photographic evidence, as reported in the new film, The Silent Revolution of Truth (theyfly.com...).

However, speaking also on behalf of his partner, Volker Engel, Marc Weigert made the following statement in his response to Bartholomaus, on January 30, 2008:

"But, to reflect on the statement that's in the film, I also remember seeing a shot on the Super8 reel that showed a UFO circling around a fairly tall tree. According to that shot, we said that we can't conclusively say whether it's real or not, but it seemed impossible to stage that kind of a shot with a miniature (it would have to be hanging on a very tall crane, with wires - but even then the movements would be hard to achieve.) So, yes, in regards to that shot, we mentioned that we could definitely do it today with CG, but at the time these were supposedly shot - it would have been very hard, probably even impossible, to

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hello easynow.

Just because I said that the photograph section in my presentation was the weakest part of the presentation does not mean that it was wrong.

You should be careful when quoting statements from Michael Horn. He has a tendency to not quote people correctly. In fact, in the very text you posted there are misquotes.

If you go to www.iigwest.org... you can read the complete text of what Marc Weigert said regarding the Billy Meier films. BTW, he doesn't come to the same conclusions that Michael Horn claims that he does.

-Derek

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Billy Meier...

This is just my opinion.
I consider him to be a hoax.
Why?
It has been turning into a religon lately and i dont think ufology fits into that category.

Also the supposed pictures of the "visitor" which was a singer (?) from a tv show.
The alleged raygun pictures, those are just silly.
There are supposedly no originals existing any more... I find that very disturbing, if you had all of those pictures, would you not do anything to perserve the originals? This also concludes that the pictures could have been edited.

I believe that 99% of the pictures from Billy Meier are faked, models used and placed to look far away.
Oh, and let's not forget the dinosaur pictures... Wherever are credibility when you need it, not in a faked dinosaur picture from one of his travels with the aliens, that btw are singers from a tv show? Hilarious.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by derekcbart
Hello easynow.

Just because I said that the photograph section in my presentation was the weakest part of the presentation does not mean that it was wrong.

You should be careful when quoting statements from Michael Horn. He has a tendency to not quote people correctly. In fact, in the very text you posted there are misquotes.

If you go to www.iigwest.org... you can read the complete text of what Marc Weigert said regarding the Billy Meier films. BTW, he doesn't come to the same conclusions that Michael Horn claims that he does.

-Derek

ok i will take your advice but in all fairness i don't know you... and i should have the same apprehensions when reading something on your site because you and Mr. Horn seem to be playing a game with each other.

that makes both of you and the info your putting out... questionable

[edit on 19-9-2008 by easynow]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
assessing Billy Meier's credibility is not interesting
Looking for credibility is seeking a shortcut to mental laziness...Don't believe anything on some so-and-so's say-so

Some people get a perverse pride jones when their amazing true experience is not accepted, and then mix it in with obvious lies on purpose in order to pee on the head of your whole assessment process...

Like O'Connor said about his mama : SHE LIES WHEN THE TRUTH WOULD SERVE HER BETTER

Credibility is irrelevant, either it happened to me or it didn't, whether I am a believable social role player or not...

prostitutes can get raped, lesbians can actually meet unpleasant men, dope fiends can see God when they're sober, career criminals can be innocent , and pathological liars can have experiences that when truthfully recounted would sound frankly unbelievable no matter who was telling the story...

I can have a true UFO photo and issue a hoax photo tomorrow...I can tell you obvious lies about my background all day long today and tomorrow still show you where the money is buried...

Most people are so bent they lie without knowing or noticing it...On-purpose liars represent a step up....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join