It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a modern day Vampire...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of ATS members interested in the possible existence of Vampires...I will do my best to answer any questions people have for a "modern day vampire". This is an open forum, so any other people who consider themselves sanguine, psychic or both feel free to chime in. Take this seriously. I will be able to tell if you are a goth wannabe vampire...so if you are don't waste your breath.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RagenCajun

What do you mean by modern day vampire? Do they distinguish somehow from the 'old timers' except that they 'live' at present?

Sincerely,

-v

[edit on 18-9-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

A good question. What I mean when I refer to a "modern day vampire" is that the concept portrayed by the media such as in Interview with the Vampire is very different from the reality. People consider these vampires as seen in the movie to be the classic immortals beginning their vampirism as early as the 1600's. There is no similarity like that. So it is really a human that matches similar traits, usually, parasitic in nature to that of the vampires displayed within the common myth and movies. For some it is blood, for others is stealing energy their body craves by going into public areas, or sometimes as I have done to stimulate anger within someone to gain their energy. When I was younger, I would love to see fights and chaos. I am not a bad person so much as it was a necessity. Currently I don't insinuate fights simply because I'd rather have the lack of energy from just public feedings instead of create confrontation which I use to be so keen on.

Some psi-vampires such as myself that have evolved to the point where they feed off energy and do not need blood do have some more classic vampire traits, though they are much more rare since there is no need for them anymore. Some of the traits I have regarding the classic sense is an enhanced hearing and eye sight. The enhanced eye sight is not uncommon however and it is basically seeing auras like many normal psychics can see. This helps in feeding if you are an energy vampire. We are a very visual society so have adapted to that. The hearing was more for the hunt and that allows us to hear things in a high pitched frequency. I am not sure if it helps with normal more regular tones. I know for instance I can hear a dog whistle, electronics that may be on, and also water running in the pipes, rubbing up against the metal ever so slightly. There is also fangs. The fangs are not as prevalent as they are in the movies. But they are still noticeable and many of us are embarrassed by it. For instance at work I try not to open my mouth. I deal with customers....and scaring them is the last thing you want. Work is bad enough, as I feel I am burning even though the light is synthetic. Many times my bosses demand me to get out of the light and drink water because apparently I become pale and even at one time I nearly passed out. I thought I was going to die. There are also pure energy vampires that choose to get the fangs "implanted" or capped on permanently. I consider this lame, but it helps identify them with other vampires within society. The problem is now that it has become so prevalent you have people getting them capped on that are just......goths.

But where was I....oh, yes. The traits that make it different from the "old timers" or classic sense of the word vampire is the energy feeding that has become more prevalent. A lot of people not in the know assume all vampires drink blood, yes, many of us do. But at this point it is really just old roots and more for a high. Some people distinguish the high as something they need.....it is like a cigarette or a drug. They don't actually need it, they just need it to feel normal because they have become so use to that high. We don't have super strength or anything. We obviously are not immortal. I believe it is a potential that some of us may become immortal perhaps in my lifetime, just as much as any human. Thanks to gene splicing and the like. Of course if everyone is immortal it will lead to complete chaos. I assume only the wealthy will have access to such technology. Also metaphysical science is beginning to unlock some of the secrets the ancients have known for a long time through things like The Secret, to live healthier, longer lives. Medical science as well is developing new formulas to keep us alive. Obviously people are living longer than they did in the 1800s.

That is all for now....

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Allright, an comprehensive answer. I hope you didn't have to type it all down by your ithink (or whatever it was)
Anyways, I am glad you took the effort of answering because this clarifies things up for many than just me.

Somehow your post popped down to belowtopsecret, I was confused for a moment - thought that vampires are not allowed up there hehe

Anyways, I hear you and know what you mean. Energy can be stolen just as any life force. The provocation which you mentioned is easy method as many people are easily provoked.

Anyways, I must confess that I am not symphatetic towards the path you have chosen. But alas, this is our 'life' in a sense, and we do with it as we will. This is why we have freedom of choice.

Whatever I may think about your path, I wish you all the best. Take care.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Lol, well on a side note I became very frustrated with the itouch....I considered typing it on there....but you would really need to be immortal to have such patience. I went on my alienware to type it....have to roll with the big boys when they move your topic to BTS

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

is there any proof that there are in fact vampires in existence? i have always been searching for answers, anything that proove them to be real but not having much luck with that.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ok, I do reluctantly bring up something as a question. Concerning my 17 year old. During his teenage years, he has developed some anomalies. To begin with, he has always had sharp small fangs. Everyone teases him. They hurt his lip a lot, and actually bug him a bit every day. In addition, he is naturally nocturnal, but then kids who like to stay up at night and play video games often are. Lol. However, in his case, he was, from 10 months on, not willing to sleep early, waking frequently. He has always had difficulty going to sleep. For several years he avoids going outside much during the day, except when he really needs to. He says the sunlight feels like it pierces into him and he keeps covered. Also, he is sick and low energy a lot. Surprisngly his eyesight is extraoridinary and he sees thousands of stars in the sky when I only see 20 or so. He also sees auras a bit he reports.
Anyway, we didn't raise him with concepts that it was even possible to have a condition like vampirism. In fact this is not the direction I want my shy, intelligent, artistic, and sweet kid to go. Sure he's seen a few movies and animes. On our own we have increased his iron intake a bit. He takes vitamins, and fish oil and eats quite healthy. He's tall and quite thin, and never seems to eat enough, though he doesn't really have a massive appetite at one time either. But teenage boys are often like that! He read a few of the threads on ATS and on his own says he thinks he may have this condition as well. We've taken him numerous occasions to the doctor to see why he's not healthy and got many tests done on him. He's normal.

One thing I never knew was that he had entertained this about himself for a few years, and had actually believed he had a vampire sighting with a friend. He rarely goes out, but before we moved, he used to walk one of his friends home in the evening when he stayed over or visited. He said they were walking on the other side of the street, 2 guys around 19 to him. Dressed in expensive black formal cloathes with cloaks that stood out. He didn't think they were following him after some time, he was checking and was cautious, but he's thought they were vampires and he saw them pause and look his way. He got the feeling that he kenw that they knew kind of thing. Anyway, he never told me because I would never have let him walk his friend home even half way!

Basically don't know what it is, but as he brought it up, I felt it might be something to enquire about.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
By the way, I've been indulging him with this question. While he seems to be pondering this seriously, I've asked him if he wanted really wanted to bite someone. The answer is "no" and he's too gentle and even tempered to be interested in any "groups" for this kind of thing. I pointed out to him yesterday that while those two teeth are a little unusually sharp and pointed, they probably are just a throw back in our evolution. The intolerance to too much sunlight does run in the family, as my grandmother actually became allergic to the sun, and I always chose shade. I get a headache in a short time in the sun. And due to my thyroid condition and chronic fatigue syndrome, I've been interested in energy work for a long time. Also, healing. Aside from ways to learn to protect energy during meditation, its also essential to visualize yourself receiving abundant energy from God, the Creator, the Source, and replenishing your energy frequently. I've found it helpful. Since he is just beginning to meditate, he thought this sounded positive.
But I'm still interested in how one decides they are vampire, since my own son has been entertaining this.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I have never thought of vampires much before, just watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a kid, and enjoyed other vampire movies as most do. For the past 5 years i've become more and more antisocial. I have always been able to "read" minds, although I never believed I could until I started testing it out. My mom says that her sister has the gift of reading minds too. Her sister doesnt ever leave the house. I work in a public place where I see over a thousand epople a day. I definetly can say that I feel weak when I am alone for long periods of time. I have the characteristic pale color, cannot tolerate being outside, and my hands, feet and nose are always ice cold. I feel that when I am around people I reflect their personalities. This makes it hard for me to keep friends. I end up getting into battles with them in my mind. I haven't really considered myself a vampire because of the stereotypical "blood drinking" stigma that people give it until recently. I need some help with this. Also I find it hard to talk to people because I can see what they're thinking. I think 99% of the population is predictable in any situation. help, I am going to go crazy

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Im pretty sure im a vampire.When i dont have blood i get dizzy some what.And when i do i feel great.But when i see blood its hard to controll my self.Can you possibly give me some tips?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hello. My name is Courtney. And I'm very interested in Vampires. My intrest peeked when I read Twilight. I began to do searches on them, to see if they characteristics matched anyone I knew. Matter of fact, they did. One person. Eric. I kept reading......And narrowed myself down as a suspect. I always have a craving that tis never fafilled. And I am never satisfied with alot. I dont like most normal food....And, raw meat? Closest thing I eat. My parents take me to the doctor once a week, to see why I only eat like.....Twice every two days, they can't find anything wrong with me.....I never understood it until Twilight and my sudden fastination with these creatures of the night.

Cravings are another thing, like, anytime my mouth bleeds from me biting it from stress? I always favor sucking the blood dry. When I get cuts? I lick them until they stop! When people bleed around me? I go crazy and have to hold my nose.....It's like I can smell the blood....Like I can feel the crave inside me, it never stops. It hurts when I see my friends bleed, because the only thing I wanna do....Is go after them. And when I come out into the sun? My eyes kill, and I cant stand there for long, or I get terrible headaches........Animals love me, absolutally. I own Six Horses, my little man, Rocket? I bond better than I bonded with my father, whom died.

Lemme tell you, we've spent at least 2.5K on computer and phone fixings. Because, everytime we get a new cell, or computer, or laptop! They malfuntion. Like my two computers, I had them for 2 months, and they all just.......Died. Hmph. Not fair, I cannot explain it....As for Eric? Wow....He is perfectally flawless!! He loves the finest fabrics, and likes to play the piano, and absolutally loves Saxaphon, and Acustic Guitars. His breathe is sweet smelling, and his Figure is perfect. His eyes change from Electic Green, to a weird, Moonlite Purple. Serious. He never really eats during lunch, and, is afriad to do anything outside. His breathing? Usually oddly shallow. And it seems he doesnt breath often!! He is uaually frozen at lunch.......Its weird!!!

Please, tell my what I am missing to my mistery of Vampires. I'm wondering if there are more in my school.....If somehow, there here now. If all of this Vampiric stuff is real!! I believe it, though. Truely I do. But....There is always one piece to that puzzle I never see in eyes of one I think is my love....Maybe. Eric is fasinating....I absolutally love to just watch hime........

Always and Forever,

Courtney.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
what is the exact definition of vampire?
i can relate to some of the descriptions from posts by others.
but i've never considered myself being a vampire.
until recently.
it seems to be the only explanation for my..conditions..
i really don't want to sound like one of those 'vampire wannabes'
because i'm not.
i do not enjoy this.
my want for blood scares me.
and i don't know how to tame it without having some.
it's never been this strong before.
and i know it's not all just in my head.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Cajun, I have been in the world of vampires and devils when I took time to research occults and dark religions. There are people who claim that they are vampires and have their own religion. I have read their websites and their bible and the direction they are going. I never got in to the upper teachings of their dark magic because it dealt with a commitment that I couldn't agree with. The ritual and the gods they were worshiping were all to real to these 'vampires.' They looked upon us, human, as cattle. They also believed that a great culling of the 'heard' was to come and the rest that survived would be enslaved.

What are your views on these 'religious vampires' and the concepts they were proposing? Do you subscribe yourself to these views? What are you views of the human population if it isn't the same of the 'religious vampires'?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
There are as many sects of "vampires" as there are with most religions.
Personally, I'd place psi-vampires as very distinct from those who believe or pretend they are immortal blood drinkers...then of course, there are blood dolls, etc.

Psi-vampires are a different matter altogether...in attributes, motivations, and ability... Of course, it's difficult to prove any psi-related ability to others...but still represents a pretty different claim than the usual attributes of a "vampire". Most historic accounts of psi-vampirism are more decidedly "spirit"-related than corporal....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
So, your saying your were born with Vampirism and that other people can, unknowingly, be Vampires? Would you go as far as saying that there might be Vampires of, lets say, the "movie" kind? Meaning powers, immortalitry, and being dead? Have you ever encountered a Vampire that would actually have instant,visible harm from the sun? Such as blisters,burns, or anything like that?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, there's always solar urticaria or sun allergy. These folks develop rashes and/or hives within minutes of exposure to sunlight (depending on severity of the condition)...

Still, that doesn't mean they are immortal, can turn into mist, etc., etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My question:

Who wins in a fight between Robert DeNiro and a pack of blood-thirsty modern-day vampires?

Peace

top topics

join