It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotted a UFO the other night in my home city of sunderland.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yeah title says it all, i spotted a UFO the other night when i was out with a few of my friends, and well my other friend saw it too, and confirmed it to the others that i was not imagining things when i announced it among them. Sadly i don't have any pictures since i haven't had a phone since i was 12

Anyway, what happened was shocking. At first it looked exactly like a star, stationary in the sky and I usually look up at the stars because its so beautiful.. but then it started zig-zagging back and forth across the sky. I ruled out the possibility that it was a satellite, since satellite's travel in one direct motion only at a constant speed and of course meteor's do not zig zag either. After about 8 seconds of zig-zagging it disappeared into thin air. I was really shocked and so was my mate.

Anyway I want to know if any of you guys have experienced anything similar?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't a mackem with a firework up his butt? Seriously though interesting unlucky you don't have any pics though i'm from Newcastle btw apologies if you live in Sunderland in a different country otherwise you'll get the joke

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Haha w/e man

Nah serious though, i'm very sure it was not a fire work or any projectile, it was quite high up in the sky also.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Was it something like this:

Was probably Mike Ashley with a firework up his butt and Dennis Wise hanging off the end of it

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wellsybelieves

Haha, poor mike ashley

Back on topic though, when i say exactly like a star i mean exactly...

It was zigzagging back and forth across the sky huge distances in a very short amount of time.. twas very strange

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
tried to find anything of the sort and i couldn't that video was the closest i could get it looks kinda like a star!

And i'll poor Mike Ashley you in a minute!!!! grrrrrr

[edit on 18-9-2008 by wellsybelieves]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Well its good you report you saw this.
Many people on here have seen similar things.
The fact it was moving fast then stopping then moving again can rule out many rational explanations.
But the fact you have no pics or video doesn't really leave many options open.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi, im from southern sweden. One beutiful day i decided to watch the stars, i believe there were supposed to be many meteors during that time. I saw a few also, quit bright. But then i saw something that looked like a simple satellite, or like a aircraft really, really high up. But it moved in a zig zag pattern! I cant imagine any engine doing that on satellite or aircrafts!

It seems that this phenomena is quit common (how big is the chance that we both are the only one to spot it on planet earth, and there is only two of them?) The chance is slim indeed.

My friend thinks its military satellite with special engines, perhaps it is. But why move satellite in this strange zig zag pattern? Much more people should have seen this also i bet.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Satellites move quite slowly and in a straight path. Quite a few ufos have been reported to zigzag across the sky though. You had a sighting.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
S.A.F.C Mission Control to agent Ashley

Your Mission is complete

Joking aside ive seen about two in the skies above sunderland over the past few months, I would describe them as changing from a faint light to very bright (too fast for a plane/chopper and to slow for a shooting star) then moving off behind some massive cloud, they were quite far away so couldnt get a clear pic on my stuipid 2 mp out of date samsung d900.

[edit on 9/21/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hoy,

well you have spotted your first flying saucer!
I have seen 2 in Wales within a year.
They tend to make the air glow around them producing a sphere of ionised air around them making them look like a star. The colour can change according to the amount of energy they are using. The ones I saw had the air glowing whilte and red (2nd one).
There has been a huge wave of sightings all over the UK this year.
Keep looking up. Maybe buy a camera

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by shujinko90

My first sighting was similar to this, but the object had many colors and was shaped more like a comet but it zigzagged very fast over a large area of sky before vanishing. I was about 14 at the time

[edit on 21-9-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr X

I don't recall him mentioning it looking like a saucer. UFO does not =flying saucer.
Flying saucer = secret govt craft in 90% of the cases most likely.

new topics

top topics

join