It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question - Where has the leader of our country been the last three days?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There is nothing to say intelligent about the economy by anyone.

No one wants to say what i say everyday, it's a Capitalist country... a part of Capitalism for any Business is if needed...

Bankruptcy

It really isn't a very big deal, we are over extended to a sum of money we can not pay without destroying the lives of too many Americans

It's time to restructure

and a smart business man restructrures Prior to allowing things to hit rock bottom.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Link to McCain's Understanding of the US Economy
[edit on 18-9-2008 by AtlantaInsider1]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I didn't know the president was supposed to be an expert on the economy.
it seems to me that these huge conglomerates got themselves into this mess and took alot of innocent people with them.
put the people responsible on trial and let the chips fall where they may.
AIG collapses so be it.
Let capitalism prevail. the weak businesses will fail, the ones with good management will survive.

it is not our presidents job to manage our economy. he is supposed tobe the leader of our military and keep us safe from enemies abroad.
NOT TO LEAD OUR ECONOMY.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

I agree that you don't have to be an expert, but you have to have an understanding. Regarding the conglomerates getting themselves in this mess - DON'T YOU MEAN THAT THEY GOT US IN THIS MESS? The government is in the hook for $900 Billion in debt this week alone. If our leaders had a UNDERSTANDING of the the economy they would have crafted regulation to prevent it.

Did you acting actually think about your response?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bush is probably waiting to see how bad it gets...his finger is hovering over the "National Emergency" button..."do i push it now?"...."how about now?"

This whole financial thing is actually making a pretty nice cover for whats going on in the rest of the world, Yemen, Pakistan, Georgia, Balkins...I mean they could just about do anything they want right now and it just makes a little blurb in the news between whats going on with the economy..."US nukes Pakistan, now lets go to the floor on Wall Street" lol

So don't get the 'tunnel vision', this is a good time to play close attention to everything, especially little things that don't look like much right now.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He's doing a flyover of Wall St. and surveying the damage.

He's making sure the corporate victims are well taken care of.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AtlantaInsider1

Crafting regulation is up to the legislative branch of the gov't not the executive branch...you know the ...it was/is up to the Democratic controlled congress to have done something!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well if I was leaving my job, I'd start to wind down, I could just imagine now.....

Work Guy : Spiteful we need this **** sorting out now, we've got customers screaming

Me : Whatever

Work Guy : Come on man, you're shooting us all in the foot here we need your help

Me : Hey if you don't like it Fire me, mwhahahahha

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not to sound too forgiving (because the last thing Bush deserves or needs is to be forgiven), but the economy is unique in that it can be heavily influenced by general perception, regardless of hard, underlying problems. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you tell people the economy is going to crash, people's financial behavior will be a catalyst for that end result. The opposite is also somewhat true.

Therefore, it may actualy be BETTER that they aren't telling the general public exactly what's going on and what to expect for the future. That being said, it definitely brings up questions of trust. The people expect government leadership to keep them informed every step of the way.

While I myself would love to really know what's going on (or at least hear some explanation from higher-ups), how much will it really help the situation? It's a tough call.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by paradigm619]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

this is one of the worse mistakes he has made in his 8yrs in office.

You're kidding right?
Out of all his heinous acts and you find this one of his worst?
That's, well, just pathetic.
He's trashed the constitution.
He lied our Nation right into a filthy war.
He's terrorized the people right down to their boots...and on and on and on, yet, you think this one of the worse mistakes he's made.
Oh well never mind...I guess everyone has an opinion.

...I sit on mine - what do you do with yours...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I hope all you folks that voted for him both times are happy with your decision. I also hope that you won't opt for "Bush Series III - featuring J. McCain and Sarah Palin."

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Why would Pinkey or the Brain either one come out and say anything at all? Currently, everything is going to plan and on track for them, so there is nothing to talk about.
Their war and oil interests are still fairly secure. The economic woes are just another push in the right direction for the One World Order, the NAU and the Amero. The federally backed Privateers are getting their walk-away, job-well-done profits.

I mean, the only thing Bush and Co could possibly come out and say is..."All Your Life Are Belong To Me", drop trow on the flag and constitution, then flip off the public crying "I'm Out, Biatches."

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Bush has been the WORST POTUS in my lifetime of 54 years... Why would anyone expect him to say anything intelligent about the current economic meltdown... Think about it, this is the man who is fighting a war against terrorism in the WRONG country at a cost of 12 BILLION per month, and how many killed and injured??!!... I suspect he is currently kicking back a few brews and counting the days until he is out of office... (Not that I have any higher hopes for either of the 2 candidates)... What has happened to this once great country???????

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemstone
Bush has been the WORST POTUS in my lifetime of 54 years... Why would anyone expect him to say anything intelligent about the current economic meltdown... Think about it, this is the man who is fighting a war against terrorism in the WRONG country at a cost of 12 BILLION per month, and how many killed and injured??!!... I suspect he is currently kicking back a few brews and counting the days until he is out of office... (Not that I have any higher hopes for either of the 2 candidates)... What has happened to this once great country???????

Costing???? Didn't you mean .. Paying?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Paraguay.

That's probably where he was.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Better question is....Where has the Democrat led Congress been.....the last 2 years?

This whole "Mortgage Crisis" stems from government encouraging major banks to show some "diversity" and make loans available to people who couldn't pay them back. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loved it so much that they showed their appreciation by contributing big time to their political allies.

www.latimes.com...

Obama is the largest individual recipient at about $112,000, federal campaign finance reports show.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

A star for being the only person who knows who is responsible for the legislation that could have stopped this mess before it started. Everyone else gets an "F" for failing in Civics. Please don't vote.

The reason it is called the Legislative Branch is because what they are supposed to do is Legislate. The Executive Branch oversees them. The President has almost no role to play where the Markets are concerned.

This thread is like a bunch of Grade School Children making fun of the fat kid.

I've been reading all day about the government taking over AIG. Problem is that it never happened. The government made AIG a loan at a very profitable rate and put in place measures to protect us, the public from any losses from the action. The leadership at AIG will most likely be up to their necks in hot water when new people come in to clean up the mess caused by Corporate Executives; not the Government. People need to get their news from a place other than New York Times and their co-conspirators, who twist every story to the benefit of the Party they promote.

Nobody here mentioned Bush canceled a trip to keep on top of this. I don't support Bush, but I don't think this childish nonsense is helpful either.

Link to article.
Bush Cancels Fundraisers
With the financial markets in turmoil, President Bush canceled a planned trip to fundraisers in Alabama and Florida today to consult with his economic advisers in Washington, the AP reports.

"The last few weeks have seen enough Wall Street turmoil and corporate collapses to prompt a blitz of federal interventions under Bush's watch. It is the kind of taxpayer-supported help for the private sector that might seem at odds with Bush's conservative, free-market economic philosophy. But Bush and his economic advisers say the government has stepped in to keep taxpayers from facing the potential of even worse problems."

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The DC puppets were on TV this morning to entertain the feeble minded with their witless errata.

Bush ''shares concerns'' on economy

Pelosi: George Bush Has No Credibility On The Economy

Learn something new and relevant besides shadows on the cave walls:
ATS: Ron Paul Blasts 'Secret Government' Running Economy

[edit on 19-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradigm619
Not to sound too forgiving (because the last thing Bush deserves or needs to be forgiven), but the economy is unique in that it can be heavily influenced by general perception, regardless of hard, underlying problems. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you tell people the economy is going to crash, people's financial behavior will be a catalyst for that end result. The opposite is also somewhat true.

True. It's a chain-reaction. Out-sourcing and trade has made India and China richer and richer. Their countries are developing. They in turn need more oil and compete on the market for oil. That raises the price of oil. (Supply and demand.) Likewise, the ethanol trend has put a strain on corn demands, causing a scarcity, which affects the price of farm goods. Rising prices on goods and oil affects the overall cost of building materials and labor. This affects the housing market. The housing market bubble burst. Developers stopped developing. Foreclosures put a strain on Fanny Mae and AIG. They in turn affect Wall Street (Lehman Brothers). The public gets scared and this begins a negative economic outlook that causes another chain-reaction....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join