It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad does it have to be for my debt to be erased?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is there a point when things are so bad that the bank that I owe my mortgage to just disappears? Will they quit sending a bill if they no longer have any employees show up to work? Will anyone try to repo my house?

[edit on 17-9-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The assets would be sold off. Someone else will always own it.

Ama

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just have a friend with a boat take to several hundred yards off of the Florida coastline, and let you swim ashore.
You can assume a whole new identity, get thousands of dollars in benefits including free Social Security, free Hospitalization, free food, and more things than I can list here.
It IS a sorry state of affairs when Immigrants have better benefits that we do.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Ravinsomniac]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Your debt still has value and will be sold off on the secondary market. If you have ever bought a house your mortgage is traded like a stock and the interest rate you pay is related to your personal credit risk.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If things get that bad, the knock on the door will be the Jack Booted Thug that will take you to the "detention center" where you can have the privledge of working off your debt.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea
... the Jack Booted Thug that will take you to the "detention center" where you can have the privledge of working off your debt.

Please reference the jack booted thug 4 levels from the top.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I suppose there is a theoretical point where all debt would be erased, but believe me, it is nothing to hope for. If things get that bad, you won't be worried about your house, because you will have no food or water either.

In any economic system, those who are in debt are slaves to their lender. The problem with the way debt is traded today is that you never really know who you are slaved to. That is the precise reason I decide a few years back to get out of debt and stay out of debt.

In nothing we trust, that is one awesome pic! You get a star from me for that!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Of which company are you the CEO?

top topics

join