It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Yemen, a Planned Massacre of Americans Is Averted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

In Yemen, a Planned Massacre of Americans Is Averted

www.time.com

If the attack had gone according to plan, it would have killed or wounded countless U.S. diplomats in the ancestral homeland of Osama bin Laden, within a week of the seventh anniversary of the September 11 attacks. Although Wednesday's attack on the U.S. embassy in the Yemeni capital of Sana'a left at least 16 people dead, the bravery and quick reaction of Yemeni security forces foiled what appeared to be a daring attempt to storm the embassy compound and kill everyone inside. No Americans were among the victims of the thwarted attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, Al-Queda is on the rise. Or so we think. Since no 'Americans' were killed, could this all be a setup of the CIA to win faith behind republicans into scaring Americans about 9-11.

But that's depressing either way, terrorism on the rise, or more lies from the CIA.

Anyways, any direct attack on US Embassies are scary, since I'm planing to be in the Foreign Service. This could be part of a bigger plot as it unfolds.

www.time.com

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3

Well, Al-Queda is on the rise. Or so we think. Since no 'Americans' were killed, could this all be a setup of the CIA to win faith behind republicans into scaring Americans about 9-11.

But that's depressing either way, terrorism on the rise, or more lies from the CIA.

Anyways, any direct attack on US Embassies are scary, since I'm planing to be in the Foreign Service. This could be part of a bigger plot as it unfolds.

www.time.com

How does this remotely point to lies from the CIA? Wouldn't a terrorist attack hurt Republicans? Since they've done all this stuff and it still hasn't been able to avert attacks? Wouldn't that take away the Republican's one "trump card" which frankly is just a Joker...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

The Republican's card is 9-11. To keep you scared of terrorists. Literally, they coined the name, 'The War on Terror'. The way they want and are going to get elected is because they scared the American public into thinking the is a active terrorist net out there to get you. The normal everyday citizen.

Personally, I only think half of the theory is true. But it is something that would come up on ATS.

The CIA to periodically 'plan' terrorist attacks to keep the Republican's going. How do you think McCain's rating is so high? With Pres. Bush.? No, its because you are partly scared of terrorists out there to get you. The government used 9-11 to create fear and hype to spend money, start wars, and to keep them in power.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3

Since no 'Americans' were killed, could this all be a setup of the CIA

An Amercan was killed.

Susan Elbaneh, 18, a U.S. citizen from Lackawanna, N.Y., who was recently wed in Yemen in an arranged marriage, was killed

Yahoo news

[edit on 9/17/08 by makeitso]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Interesting, in the TIME account, it said

No Americans were among the victims of the thwarted attack.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As I stated in another thread, this could possibly be the time for an attack on America and British countries.

Situation update from ROSE EDIS

"We will strike against all foreign interests, especially American and British interests, accurately and quickly," it said. After the attack, the group claimed responsibility and threatened to target the British, Saudi and Emirati missions in Sanaa. Yemen, the ancestral home of Osama bin Laden, has been hit by a series of al Qaeda attacks this year

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It is also entirely possible that a covert war may have already started in Yemen, for the hunt for Osama bin Ladin, this could just be the first leakage?

Anyways, there is already a 'covert' war happening, but this could ignite something. An American Embassy attack?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

I believe the Yemeni Islamic Jihad took responsibility, not Al Qaeda. Who knows?

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Well, al-Qaeda was mentioned 9 times in the TIME article, so, maybe they are jumping to sudden conclusions. Is it possible that they WANT us to think that it is al-Qaeda when it never mentioned that they claimed responsibility... eh eh? Well, its late here, in desperate need of sleep, restart this tomorrow, have fun with it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Truth Seeker, I understand. I have read several articles that all mention ALQ, even though YIJ claimed responsibility. CIA has even gone so far as to immediately release a statement saying, "It has all the earmarks of ALQaeda" Okee.

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I see this story either just as proof against elitism and the Bush Administration either way...

1. They are unsuccessful in stop the attacks before they start, a failure to stop the killings of Americans

2. They are covertly operating a war for NWO, elitism, the general stuff that comes along with it.

Either way, its not good. That's the entire reason why we have government. For the People! I'm not for 'mob' rules type of government, but they need to represent our values well.

new topics

top topics

join