It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al-Zawahri Claims Terrorists Bought Briefcase Nuclear Bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
As an avid follower of the war on terror the thought of Al Quida obtaining a nuclear device and using it upon the United States is a frightful thought.

attbusiness.net
Osama bin Laden's terror network claims to have bought ready-made nuclear weapons on the black market in central Asia, the biographer of al-Qaida's No. 2 leader was quoted as telling an Australian television station.

One of my concerns has been the recent reports out of Washington that there is a real threat of a terrorist attack upon the Yellowstone Super Caldera in Wyoming. As any avid ATS reader knows this area has been a subject of many active threads because of the unusual volcanic activity that has been reported and documented there. The latest terrorist threat which came out after the attack in Spain gave warning of "the clouds of black death" being unleashed upon the Americans. There is strong evidence that this refers to Yellowstone. How hard would it be for a suicide bomber to fly a small plane into the most unstable area of volcanic concern and touch off the three days of darkness?

Related TerrorAnalysis.com News:
1,000 Days Of Terror: Expanded Analysis of the Caldera Black Wind of Death Theory
We will destroy New York within 35 days

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
That article definitely gave me the willies!

There was something on FoxNews about that very subject today. A terro expert said that a few Soviet made "Suitcase" Nukes were unaccounted for.

Scary stuff. Religious fanatics with possible nukes!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
On interesting point. The biographer is the same guy that was on Foxnews and he just happens to have a book coming out this week on the subject.

Have not seen any articles by other jounalist on this, he seems to be the only credible person saying this anywhere right now, well to these specifics.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That is interesting, I did not get the name of the person being interviewed.

I just hope what he is saying is not true. The thought of a nuke here in NY is scary.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Supposedly, revealed in another Congressional Hearing. Before the break up of the Soviet Union the KGB succesfully smuggled 10 of these cases in the US and concealed them in 10 large cities.
I thought everyone knew!

TUT

Lebed�s allegations about missing Russian nuclear weapons first came to light when I led a congressional delegation to Russia and met with Lebed on May 30. Lebed told us that, while still acting in his capacity as Secretary of the Russian Security Council, he had conducted a study of the Russian military�s accounting for its nuclear weapons, and found that the military had lost track of 84 suitcase-sized nuclear bombs, any one of which could kill up to 100,000 people. The Russian government has officially denied the existence of such weapons. However, according to the transcript of the television interview with Dr. Yablokov, Russian TV ran video footage showing a �suitcase� nuclear bomb.
Lebed�s allegations about missing Russian nuclear weapons first came to light when I led a congressional delegation to Russia and met with Lebed on May 30. Lebed told us that, while still acting in his capacity as Secretary of the Russian Security Council, he had conducted a study of the Russian military�s accounting for its nuclear weapons, and found that the military had lost track of 84 suitcase-sized nuclear bombs, any one of which could kill up to 100,000 people. The Russian government has officially denied the existence of such weapons. However, according to the transcript of the television interview with Dr. Yablokov, Russian TV ran video footage showing a �suitcase� nuclear bomb.

www.fas.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Winds of Black Death - Nuclear Briefcases
Do we have a plan to take a similar approach to the doorstep of Islamic Bullies?

It is alarming to learn that a briefcase can kill 100,000. I was kinda hoping all the suicide bombers would die off via natural selection. Now it seems time is running out.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
They wouldn't need a plane. They could just rent a boat at the tourist district.

Of course, that would be a suicide attack, but to be accurate enough in a plane to drop the bomb in the middle of the lake, you'd have to be flying slow and low. And that's pretty much a suicide mission as well.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My thoughts on this, besides the fact I believe it is just a reporter trying to sell a book.

The interview where he found this out was in November of 2001. Why did he just now release the information? Don't we think if they had these nukes they would have used them, somewhere by now? I mean our country is wide open (ports and borders at least). Europe is right there and Baghdad is easy to get too (set it off near the US compound).

This just seems way to easy, and tied to the book release. I don't believe a credible journalist would have sat on this information waiting out a book. Even if he told the government he should have released it long before now. Also he gets to win either way. If they use one now, he told us. If they don't he has already sold the book and could say we got lucky.

[Edited on 3/21/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
this isn't new news, it has been in the news long ago that Al-Qaeda, had intentions and wanted to obtain nucleur weapons. whether they got them or not, we won't know until they use them...but this is not new news.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The AP news wire is also reporting this news.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040321/ap_on_re_au_an/al_qaida_nuclear

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
My thoughts on this, besides the fact I believe it is just a reporter trying to sell a book.

The interview where he found this out was in November of 2001. Why did he just now release the information? Don't we think if they had these nukes they would have used them, somewhere by now? I mean our country is wide open (ports and borders at least). Europe is right there and Baghdad is easy to get too (set it off near the US compound).

This just seems way to easy, and tied to the book release. I don't believe a credible journalist would have sat on this information waiting out a book. Even if he told the government he should have released it long before now. Also he gets to win either way. If they use one now, he told us. If they don't he has already sold the book and could say we got lucky.

[Edited on 3/21/2004 by nativeokie]

Aside from the fact that the author is hawking his latest read, I think you have to be fair with the consideration that the author was probably researching his info. You don't just write a book and claim that kind of info without thorough investigation. You have to substantiate your facts and sources. Two years of research for a book is quite common, even with what the author is claiming.

But then again, he could just be trying to make a buck.....

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Facefirst]

new topics

top topics

join