It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prominent Clinton backer and DNC member to endorse McCain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Prominent Clinton backer and DNC member to endorse McCain

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter and member of the Democratic National Committee’s Platform Committee, will endorse John McCain for president on Wednesday, her spokesman tells CNN.

The announcement will take place at a news conference on Capitol Hill, just blocks away from the DNC headquarters. Forester will “campaign and help him through the election,” the spokesman said of her plans to help the Republican presidential nominee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This announcement was shocking enough that I put it here instead of Breaking Political News.

Some had long wondered if some of Hillary's supporters would give their support to McCain over Obama.

That question has now been answered and in a big way, since Forester de Rothschild is not only a Clinton supporter, but also at the top of the Democrat party leadership!

Could this defection from Obama be the start of of something that turns into a flood? Having it start at the very top of the DNC increases those chances significantly.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/17/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
From the same article:

In an interview with CNN this summer, Forester did not hide her distaste for eventual Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

“This is a hard decision for me personally because frankly I don't like him,” she said of Obama in an interview with CNN’s Joe Johns. “I feel like he is an elitist. I feel like he has not given me reason to trust him.”

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

No comment yet from any Obama supporters.

Are you all in shock? Do you feel like you've been stabbed in the heart?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
All the poles from liberal media are saying that Palin is creating a backlash against McCain. This announcement seems to show that the Dems are getting real worried and trying to spin the poles to show differant thoughts on the election before they get out of control. The radicals on the left in the media are beside themselves in the retoric thats being spewed. I hope this announcement gives the conservatives the boost they need. Obama is NOT right for this country. McCain isn't much better but as we all know, the lesser of two evils is better then the worst.

Zindo

[edit on 9/17/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You realize we have an arch conspiracy villain Lynn Forester de Rothschild..yea one of those Rothschilds (rulers of the world...banking cartel) is calling Obama an elitist. Now that takes some sack!

My irony meter just exploded!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is not surprising.

There are hard-core Hillary Clinton supporters who believe an Obama win in 2008 kills Clinton politically.

If McCain wins that sets up another Clinton run in 2012. What could be a better campaign slogan than.....I told you so!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
You realize we have an arch conspiracy villain Lynn Forester de Rothschild..yea one of those Rothschilds (rulers of the world...banking cartel) is calling Obama an elitist. Now that takes some sack!

My irony meter just exploded!!!

True. But that is beside the point of this article and post almost to the point of being a deflection attempt. And one could easily counter with, "It takes one to know one.".

The true issue is whether the defection of a member of the DNC Platform Committee will open the floodgates to many more defections.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its simple. She is obviously

a racist.

It comes as no surprise some would rather die than go with a person of color.

Lets face it, i speak the truth. Its a high probability this is the case.

Of course, i think this is wrong, so please dont bash me for bringing this up, but i've already heard the comments floating around that lots of people arent ready for a dark skinned president.

Of course, it could also be she just plain doesnt like Obama, and if so, she should state why. She's a Rothschild.

Well,...........

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its simple. She is obviously

a racist.

It comes as no surprise some would rather die than go with a person of color.

Lets face it, i speak the truth. Its a high probability this is the case.

Racist? Based on what evidence?

Is everyone that doesn't like Obama a racist?

How do you so casually throw out that label and apply it to someone with nothing to back it up?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm glad dgtempe said it and not me.

This has been set up way in advance by Democrats and Obama himself.

If he does lose, (which he will) it won't be because he was a terrible candidate, it will be because America is racist. That and the fact that McCain would have had to have cheated to win.

Notice this never comes from the Republicans, it comes straight from the Democrat campaign itself.

But, dgtempe...you are wrong on this one. It has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with the perception that Hillary was robbed of the nomination by a former community organizer and a Freshman Senator. This is not an Anti-Obama decision...it is a Pro-Hillary decision.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I have to say there is evidence to support what you say.
Hillary is not going to directly attack Palin because she does not want stuff on tape that could be used against her, in another presidential year.
I saw something very interesting last night on CNN. There was a rally for McCain and Palin did an introductory speech. Once she was done and McCain was taking the podium, a lot of women in the audience walked out.
There is a lot of people who would like a female president and it will be a tough fight if Palin serves one term as vice-president and then runs as president for the next term, after McCain steps down, for health reasons.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
You realize we have an arch conspiracy villain Lynn Forester de Rothschild..yea one of those Rothschilds (rulers of the world...banking cartel) is calling Obama an elitist.

Shucks, you beat me to it!

"de Rothschild" is calling "Barak Hussein" (a food stamps user early in his life) an elitist... ROTFL

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
s i said i may be wrong in this case, but the truth of the matter is- Some people just wont have it.

Come on, i hear the comments down the street, thru various sources, that this is a big factor.

Now, i do not associate with racists, nor am i one at all. However, i brought it up because it is true- lets talk the truth without insinuating that this is a tactic that the DEMS will take if Obama doesnt win.

Personally, i do not like OBAMA- I do not like McCain either. Neither are presidential material and their VP choices leave a lot to be desired.

So thats where i stand.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not much of a shock. The Clinton's are exceptional politicians. That isn't a compliment. Hilary made the most of her appearance at the DNC. Aced it imo. Reminded me of Harold Lauder in The Stand. I thought that was original, it isn't. Many on the Web saw this as well. And she has her allies. Her only chance at a continued political career at this level is a McCain win. Obama wins and she'll have to take up knitting.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Here's an angle that I think many are missing, and my take on it.

On their own, the "little guys" of the democrat party might be reluctant to bolt to McCain on their own for fear of retribution by dems higher up. But if it starts with someone on the DNC Platform Committee defecting to McCain, then the "little guys" might just feel a little safer and therefore more likely to follow suit.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Everybody is on to something here and it has a whole lot to do with Clinton.
Her bid for POTUS would have been alive in eight years with an Obama VP selection, didn't happen. Are we really so sure Obama is to blame or did Clinton say no way privately?
With a McCain win she can run 4 years earlier.
She can run vs Obama in four years too if he wins but the risk of Obama shoring up support in that time is great if he wins. The Party will ride a horse if it is winning.
She had more votes total than Obama in the Primary at least that is her claim. Right now her supporters have clout and can leverage her to her best chances at a future run.
With McCain's age a factor it is a good possibillity we could see Palin as a POTUS candidate in four years. This would be Hillary's dream matchup. Exact polar opposites on everything imaginable.
For a conspiracy website, this one is a goldmine.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
After watching Lynn Forester de Rothschild on Cavuto's show today I would tend to lean towards the Clinton machine angle as well.

She even flatlly denied even discussing this with Hillary, who is supposed to be a good friend.. to me it came off as trying to keep a wide berth from the Clintons.

Think about it, whoever is elected this November is in for a ROUGH four years, even if the market has hit bottom, there is so much that needs to be done before any real changes trickle down to the taxpayers. If it goes further south, it only prolongs the recovery.

So what better way to covertly help the McCain campaign than to have one of your TOP supporters jump to their ticket.

McCain wins, starts to untangle the mess, get's the pieces in place, results won't be seen until after the four years leaving McCain as the face to go with the misery of the four years (easy target), and Hillary sweeps in and wins the White House in a landslide in 2012

I think Hillary has one more run left, and that would be in four years not eight. Is it too far fetched to see the Clinton machine pull this kind of political chess?

Even if it isn't true, sure sounds like it would be good script material for a movie

[edit on 9/17/08 by SaveTheDrama]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm not surprised either. The worlds elite are running scared because he's not apart of the Bilderberg Group or other elitest group. They are afraid of losing their power. The Rothchilds are one of the most powerful families in the world and may stand to lose a few million if Obama wins. Some of their dirty deals may be revoked or just won't come to them as easy.

I'm glad to see the Rothchilds a little upset. It brings a tear to my eye!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

The other side of that is that people seems to remember is that Obama indeed won the primary, menaing if Hillary got supporters, Obama has even more.

The Clinton's by trying to sabotage Obama's campaign are actually digging their political grave because guess what vote the GOP are going to court if Obama happens to loose and she runs in 2012? The Obama vote, they are going to go: "Remember Hillary sabotage the Obama campaign!, Remember that she only cares about herself!!!"

If Obama looses people would look no further to the Clinton's, I wont see it as racism unless Sen. McCain wins in a landslide across the country, the type of landslide that no poll could had anticipated.

The Clinton's fairly or unfairly would be blamed for Sen. Obama's defeat and the GOP would be there to remind Obama's supporter of that, the same way they have divided the Democratic party with this Hillary vs Obama crap.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Bunch]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join