It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a world full of lies, is it even possible to find the truth about anything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Religions all contradict each other, so at least all but one is lying. Governments deny things like Area 51, but now you can see it on Google Earth. One of the things that separate us from the rest of the animal kingdom is our ability to decieve, so is finding the real truth on most any subject even possible?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I have often wanted to ask this same question. I would love to hear opinions about where the truth can be found because I honestly have no idea. Like which news station should we watch. Is anyone telling the truth?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I found that the ideas of truth, and proof of course, are so highly subjective that it can be nearly impossible to reach 'social consensus'. However, I do believe in a unified objective reality in which all of our minds are contained, a process of wholeness and implicit order the gives rise to actuality. However, the very nature of the universe and our minds and thought allows for the possibility of fragmentation which gives rise to competing world views.

Hence, while there is truth, and reality, the nature of it inherently allows for fragmented thought. Social 'proof' is nearly impossible since there will always be at least one person who does not have the necessary background to comprehend fully the subject of proof.

Of course, when you have those who purposely lie and desire fragmentation of thought, who promote it, the goal of unified social truth is even further from being achieved. It is possible to discover actuality, or to at least come as close to it as one can within limits of human consciousness. But it is difficult to teach to others who are not already close to seeing it themselves. The lies and deception of those who wish to control the reality of others will be a hindrance until the day comes when humankind as a whole achieves an awakening on a large enough scale. Right now the balance of power is tipped in favor of those who deceive. There might be a day when that balance changes, and when it does it will have drastic positive consequences on the nature and future of our species.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

One basic truth can be used as a foundation for a mountain of lies and if we dig down deep enough in the mountain of lies, and bring out that truth, to set it on top of the mountain of lies; the entire mountain of lies will crumble under the weight of that one truth, and there is nothing more devastating to a structure of lies than the revelation of the truth upon which the structure of lies was built, because the shock waves of the revelation of the truth reverberate, and continue to reverberate throughout the Earth for generations to follow, awakening even those people who had no desire to be awakened to the truth.--Delamer Duverus

My aunt sent me Behold a Pale Horse today in the mail..this quote is on the second page and I thought of it when I read this thread..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision

One basic truth can be used as a foundation for a mountain of lies and if we dig down deep enough in the mountain of lies, and bring out that truth, to set it on top of the mountain of lies; the entire mountain of lies will crumble under the weight of that one truth, and there is nothing more devastating to a structure of lies than the revelation of the truth upon which the structure of lies was built, because the shock waves of the revelation of the truth reverberate, and continue to reverberate throughout the Earth for generations to follow, awakening even those people who had no desire to be awakened to the truth.--Delamer Duverus

My aunt sent me Behold a Pale Horse today in the mail..this quote is on the second page and I thought of it when I read this thread..

Very profound!

new topics

top topics

join