It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Be My Friend? Do You Ask?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm curious about how many people use their "foes" list for "worthy adversaries", which I would take to mean people whose point of views you generally disagree with but who make you reexamine your positions, and who you respect.

It's such an interesting idea, and I've never seen it elsewhere, but I'd be too afraid of hurting someone's feelings or having my intentions misunderstood.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
When I find someone extremely compelling and intelligent I automatically friend them.

I have never asked.

In hindsight perhaps maybe I should have. Never had any complaints so far. I am always honored to be friended by others.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Everyone in this thread is now on WolfOfWar's Foe List

Man that guy hates people.

I hand select my friends based on intelegence and quality and humor. If you aren't on my friend list well, don't feel bad. I probably just havent read enough of your posts to make a decision.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
when coming to ATS i really asked myself the same question, then i started to add or make friends.
people who's thoughts where briliant to me,
people, who where friendly, homorous,
and sometimes it is strange, even if it is the internet, i feel a certain frequency of those people, i fancy here at ATS

some i just added, some i added atter having a nice u2u chat with, some i met in chat than added as friends, some sent me a comment, making me smile coz they had added me as a friend, and then i did it vice versus
with some i am sharing the same belives, which is also great
sometimes befriending is vice versus, sometimes not
but yeah i also meet the same people everywhere
maybe an interest concern?

but i love that system of having special people as friends, and i love scrolling down a thread and realizing that green bar telling me "a friend of yours"

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

If anyone puts me down as their friend, then I too will add them as my friend, simple as that.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
We used to receive u2u if someone added us as friends. I think that function is gone now.
As for "Friend", it depends on the individual on how do they define friendship.

Some people choose their friends perhaps depending on how they agree with their basic principles, sharing common interests, and most probably, being simply compatible.

This what I call, conditional. Yet you can add or treat anyone as as a friend regardless of whether he adds you as a friend or expect a friendly treatment. This is what I call unconditional.

Friendship has a deeper meaning I guess. A Family member can be a friend. (We can't choose our relatives right?) Yet we can be a best friend of our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, wives, sons, daughters , cousins etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
when coming to ATS i really asked myself the same question, then i started to add or make friends.
people who's thoughts where briliant to me,
people, who where friendly, homorous,
and sometimes it is strange, even if it is the internet, i feel a certain frequency of those people, i fancy here at ATS

some i just added, some i added atter having a nice u2u chat with, some i met in chat than added as friends, some sent me a comment, making me smile coz they had added me as a friend, and then i did it vice versus
with some i am sharing the same belives, which is also great
sometimes befriending is vice versus, sometimes not
but yeah i also meet the same people everywhere
maybe an interest concern?

but i love that system of having special people as friends, and i love scrolling down a thread and realizing that green bar telling me "a friend of yours"

What a lovely post. You are right we do feel a frequency from certain people on here, I have felt it also. It just happens with certain people, you just feel it and it clicks into place, and there you have it a friendship with feeling over a screen. How this is so I do not know. Its a strange thing indeed.
We dont actually have to see people to feel their warmth and friendship, we can just feel their friendly loving energy. Just because we cant see this energy does not mean its not there.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

thanks miss green
i guess it is a combining of souls - but this should be discussed in other threads.
but to me on ats there is a certain energy and frequency concentration - more than in other boards!

(i also feel if certain people are more on the foe level - but this is another story)

thanks for the friendship
it is a honour

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I don't get it, why should it be an issue in the first place? When you add someone as a friend it doesn't require anything from their side, they don't even have to add you as friend also. It just means that for one reason or another (you agree with them, you have a lot in common with them, you get a good vibe from them, you like their avatar or what else), you like that person and you wanna hear more from them.

But yeah, it would be cool to get an automatic u2u when someone adds you as a friend, good idea.

By the way, when someone puts you on ignore, do you get an u2u? I once accidentaly put someone i didn't even know on ignore (just a mouse-slip) and i was too embarrassed to u2u that person and apologize. Well i undid it quickly anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join