It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Alternative transportation is headed our way. Toyota moves deep hybrid Prius up to 2009. GM slates Chevy Volt deep hybrid for 2010. Five fancy electric sports car makers will start production in 2009. Wind car to cross Australia.
1. Transportation: Buckeye Bullet II set land speed record for fuel cell driven cars - 286.478 mph. 61 hydrogen refueling stations now in the US , 29 in California . Fuel cell vehicles from nine auto makers drove four thousand miles across the US during the Olympics. Greeks are building fuel cell scooters. Spanish team won the first Formula Zero fuel cell go kart race in Rotterdam . Nissan doubles stack power density, test fleets by the end of 2008. EU lawmakers approve rules for hydrogen cars. The cost of hydrogen fuel from wind would be $3.50 per gge. Chrysler, two mode EVT for SUVs. H2GO hydrogen fuel cell model car. Humboldt State hydrogen car. Ford fuel cell test vehicles above expectations. Ronn “Scorpion” 2009 production. Chicken and egg for H cars and stations, California Vision. World’s first H2 fueling station for ships. Best approach in a carbon constrained world.
2. Hydrogen Tech: Nanonets snare solar energy, now turn it in to H2. DOE - fuel cell cost reduction. Ohio State - H2 from methanol at low temperature. Germany - Manganese complex frees O2 from water. Russian cell phone charger. Australia - photo-oxidizing manganese cluster, sun and water gives H2. NanoSolar - gigawatt production machine for $/watt solar cells.
3. Government Support for H2: US, $16,000,000 for H2 research. NHA Fall Forum - H2 from renewables, Denver .
4. Global Warming and Oil Depletion: Wind power storage may go underground. Australian “Hot Rocks” offer 26,000 years of power. Fix high oil prices - conservation, exploration, innovation! How about hydrogen? China net food importer in first 1/2. Wind slated for 150 gigawatts by 2020. Xcel ditching coal plants - going to solar. Google killer app for geothermal power. Georgia Power – coal to biomass. EPA limits lawn mower emissions. Methanol fuel for cars? Massive Canada Arctic Ice shelf breaks off. Tunnels to bring water to parched California .
5. Fuel Cell Business: Fuel Cell Magazine - lots happening - no prices! Plug Power and Hydrogenics in APC market.