It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharaoh's temple discovered!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Pharaoh's temple discovered!

www.news.com.au

AN Egyptian archaeological team has unearthed a temple and parts of a statue belonging to one of Egypt's most famous pharaohs, in a rare find inside the capital.
A temple built for 19th dynasty King Ramses II was found in the Ain Shams area in east Cairo, the MENA news agency reports.

"The team also found parts of a giant statue of Ramses II" as well as "large slabs of limestone used to build the temple", MENA said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.news.com.au
news.nationalgeographic.com

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I remember learning about King Ramses II in school, as Egypt was one of my favorite history subjects. He was one of the most famous Pharaohs of Egypt, and he was even dubbed King Ramses the Great. He lived to the age of 90 and was one of the most prolific temple builders.
I think its great that the archeologists have discovered another piece in the puzzle of history, and I'm glad that the legend of Ramses is unearthed more and more.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is awesome, flagged

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If these pharoahs were so powerful and mighty then how were they become extinct?

They were powerful but there was something more powerful that pu them in their place....

There riches and might and army was not able to save them. Now there structures and riches are being looted and exploited, even after death there tombs are raided and bodies dug up and examined, no rest for the wicked?

new topics

top topics

join