It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Oil Being Used to Control the Markets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It is currently 11:10am ET on Sept. 15th 2008. Last night Lehman, the nations 5th largest investment firm, filed Chapter 11 after being around for 150 years. On top of that BOA purchased Merrill Lynch for 50 Billion. All experts were calling for a "Black Monday Scenario".

As it stands, the markets opened down nearly 3% and now the are down 1.5%. Ironically, and I suppose conveniently, Oil has fallen over 5%.

As we know from recent trading that when Oil goes up, stocks go down and Visa Versa.

It appears there is some reverse speculation to prop the markets up.

I say this because Ike damaged 10 major oil platforms and Nigerian rebels just declared war on the oil supply. One would think this would cause oil to shoot up in price. But no, it is down 5%.

Commodity-market regulators are investigating whether energy-market players are injecting false data into the marketplace to influence perceptions about crude-oil supply and demand, people familiar with the probe say.

Among other things, regulators are concerned that companies may be reporting inventory levels that benefit their own trading positions but that may not be accurate, people familiar with the regulators' thinking say.

Unexpected drops in oil inventories reported each Wednesday by the U.S. Energy Information Administration can spark price spikes on the main oil futures benchmark on the New York Mercantile Exchange. A company could theoretically underreport barrels in its tanks, for example, at a key hub to suggest oil is scarcer than it really is, and then sell its physical oil at a premium when oil prices jump on misleading news.

Wall Street Journal

Something is NOT right...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Oils drop has confounded me since Mid July peak.

Here's what I can come with from "experts"

1- We are in a deflationary spiral. Price are falling because people still do not or will not spend more money.

2- It is by design to try to counter the drop or help the insiders.

3- It is by design (Lindsey Williams) until it gets down to ~50, the dollar is dropped by Foreign support and then Hyper inflation takes over........

If there is any other info out there, I'm all eyes..........

join