It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The time is appearing one hour behind the actual time...

It says 14:32pm (uk time) but it's atually 15: 32pm.

I've checked memcentre and it is set to GMT.

Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Cern created a rip in the interdimensional fabric of time today. Don't worry about it. I will correct itself eventually.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

ok......err.... thanks.....i guess

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
what? Its just a bug, my time on the posts are also way out for the timezone dontworry bout it, its always been like it(Its not cern)

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I noticed this the other day and check my settings in MemCenter and fount my "Time Offset" had changed, I fixed this and I was good to go, must have been a bug that caused this. You might want to check this too if you have not already.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Oh i have.

I know this happens all the time and i'm regularly changing the the time back, it's just at the moment...as i said... the time IS set to GMT...not offset?

Yet it is still an hour behind....i'm just pedantic and fickle and like the time to be right

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have my own penchant for peculuarity to blue. Socks need matched. Alway sneeze in threes. Tap foot twice before pouring coffee. I hear ya.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
matching socks, that is sooooo outdated try mixing it up blue with orange. Liva a little.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you have daylight saving in Hades?

But in England we have British Summer Time until the end of October and then the time changes by an hour back to GMT.

The correct time zone for me is should be BST, but it isn't in the list of timezones, so I am on GMT too.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lightchild

We have no daylight to speak of, but the other spirit who resides in my body, the one known as blup...he wishes to seek out the correct time an...** OI, give me back the keyboard....

Sorry guys, yes, I'm in the UK so GMT is my time zone, I'm fully aware of daylight savings however i'm not sure ATS is....maybe that's why my time is an hour out....thanks.

[edit on 15/9/08 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hahahaha. Listen blub. Leave the master alone. He knows not why the hour of missing time.

It's our little secret. ok.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Ok, mums the word huh.... Mwaahhhhhh...... Blup shall never know of this.... oh wait, what if he reads it...?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'd be fine if the time was just off... but when you try to set your time offset, and your time is after GMT (+) it'll change the offset right in front of you.

go ahead to memcenter, change your time offset to GMT +2, after you click submit, it'll have changed to something else. Here's what I got so far:

GMT -1 Goes to GMT
GMT goes to GMT +3
GMT +1 goes to GMT +4
GMT +2 goes to GMT +4:30
GMT +3 goes to GMT +5

It Keeps going too.

I don't really care about the time, but that's bug territory, instead of "oops" territory.

In my memcenter, when it says what GMT time is, it's one hour behind me. So it's 15:30 my time right now, GMT in my profile says it's 14:30. weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalapadea

Exactly...!

I have noticed the -2 (or -3 sometimes for me) hours difference several times before.

It is frustrating but it's not really the time of your post i guess... it's the content... ahhhhh i'm joking.... sort it out mods!! please...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have another time problem too.

I come on the site to look at the hot topics and next thing I know a couple hours have passed, this site must be in some sort of time warp

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey.... the time is now an hour ahead all the time.... i keep resetting it but it's still an hour ahead.??

It now says it 2030pm GMT....yet It's 1930pm GMT??

Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It looks like there's two bugs involved.

First, the change-over in the United States from standard time to daylights savings time seems to have screwed up the GMT time zone offsets. I think this is a long-standing problem with ATS, that post times are stored internally in US East Coast time, not GMT. And since different regions of the world go in and out of 'daylights savings' time on different days of the year, problems are bound to happen.

To avoid this, set your time zone to "GMT-1" in MemCenter, until the UK enters daylights savings (which I believe is in a week or two).

The second bug is a web-page design problem that really should have been fixed long ago. It happens when you choose a time zone in MemCenter, and press 'submit'. The setting is updated to what you selected, but when the web page refreshes, the wrong time zone is displayed in the little drop-down listbox. Don't worry! The correct timezone is set for your account, it's just not displayed properly in MemCenter. Verify the timezone by going to a thread page and refreshing, and seeing what the timestamps are. The annoying thing about this bug is that, every time you change something on that MemCenter page, you have to correct the time-zone setting in the listbox before pressing submit.

top topics

join