It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I yawning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've been yawning lately for what seems to be no reason at all. I'm not really tired. I'm just yawning. I yawn whenever my mouth feels like I need to stretch it... and when I stretch the muscles in my mouth I end up yawning, and, that makes me somewhat tired shortly after I yawn. Is anyone else experiencing this strange phenomena? What causes this?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ah yes, the Yawniphague, you'll be dead inside of a week; sorry

Each time you yawn with this terrible condition, part of your brain shuts down and dissolves. Sadly, thousands of members on ATS have been afflicted and in a death spiral for years

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There is no answer to your question yet, Scientists are still working on the reasons that this may happen,

It’s a form of lubricating your lungs but so far there’s not much else to go on,

There’s theory’s that its to much Carbon dioxide in the lungs and its the body’s way of riding it, They suggest to do some running or something active to help,

But we may have to wait quite a bit longer to ever find out the reasons

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You're only yawning cause everyone around you is yawning. It's contagious. Actually, I've yawned twice since reading your post. Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Eh... sorry about that.

Asala, I've just noticed that I've been yawning less since I've taken a nap today. I took a nap about two hours and my mouth muscles don't feel as sore.

Could the thing that was causing it be stress?

new topics

top topics

join