It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The growing Muslim religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have a concern. Why is it that I keep hearing and reading that the Muslim religion is one of, if not the fastest growing religion in the world. I would like to state that I do not support religion of any kind, it is the cause of most of histories greatest wars, deaths, and tragedies. But it concerns me when a religion of "supposed" peace is rapidly growing after many atrocities attributed to Allah and the Nation of Islam.

Now I know many of you will say these things are done by "extremists" and our media portrays a negative picture of Muslims, but I just can't help getting chills knowing this religion is growing so fast.

I accept people for who they are and not for their religion, so I feel I have every right to be concerned of this.

I'm sorry I don't have any sources to this info, but maybe some of you have heard about it.

And don't get me wrong I don't want any religions to expand, it is nothing but following what other people tell you, than finding your own path.

And yes I know Christians have done as many if not more horrible things, but this is now, and that was then.

[edit on (9/14/08) by gnosis111]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
NO religion is any better or worse, or more innocent than any other IMO, but our country and the Western world came to power largely through Christian ideals. Many people still adhere to them so it makes sense that there would be a lot of fear surrounding the decay of Christianity and increase of Islam.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's not the most accepted religion in the world by self will. A lot has to do with population numbers that Muslim families have a lot of kids and its growing fast that way in a sense. Africa is having an impact with Islam but its usually forced conversion or punishment. Look at Sudan and Samolia. many do not liken Islam but are persected if they are not. the rest of the Middle East forbids other religions so it has no compromise and will always win by force not faith alone.

The ever continuous war on mankind is in the Islamic lands and boarders of other non Islamic nations them selves when you are not allowed the freedom of your own religious choices, its a never ending war who ever entres it or wants to leave it. Death is usually the compromise if you decide to say no to it.

Islam is the most feared religion in the world, its the fastest growing fearing and forced upton religion on mankind in this day and age. So when they talk about it like its something good then its a delusion.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What horrors did Islam do? 9/11 was done by Jews and Christians and blamed on Muslims. What you need to do is get a map which details every Muslim country in the world and then read up on them. After you have done that tell us about the horrors that this religion does to these people. After you have done that, write down a list of wars and genocides and work out who was the cause of them and let us know how you get on. Now THAT would be a nice post. Other than that I think you are scared of something you have no clue about, Mulsims come in all shapes, sizes, colours and cultures. Reading facts will help your fears and I assure you your nightmares will disappear. Also while you are at it meditate on how callous the 9/11 plotters were and how close THEY are to you and YOUR civilization, that should keep you busy.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Islam is the most feared religion in the world, its the fastest growing fearing and forced upton religion on mankind in this day and age.

Hm. I have never had a Muslim come to my door, interrupt my day, and tell me I'm going to hell.

I've never had a Muslim ask me to fork over 10% of my income.

I've never had to argue with a Muslim that it was "God's Will" that Baby Bush got into office, and attacked Iraq.

I've never been criticized by a Muslim for my style of dress, my sexual choices, my marital status, any number of other inconsiquntials.

There is a religion that i fear because it has done these things to me... and it ain't Islam. I'm not saying that they wouldn't resort to the same crap if they were more prevelant here, just saying that I'm more afraid of the relgions that we're already well familiar with.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about here. The world will end in 2012 or so they say so it will not be the fastest growing anything. The Orthodox Jews do the same thing. They are fruitful and multiply just like the Muslims. Ofcourse neither one are really not concerned with the growing population problem so a lot of them will die from starvation or other stupid things.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Jehovah Witnesses Came about with the same type of Mormon experience by being inspired by an Angel of light, a bit how Islam started. If you lived in Muslim lands you would be classed as second-class citizen if you were a Christian you would be forced to pay extra Taxes, about 10% I think extra. I am not comparing Muslims in the West with Muslims in the East.

You have to go to these countries where Islamic law is imposed and African people are hearing that its Allah's will to take over the country by force and those that don't accept have limbs cut off.

A lot of what they think is behind closed doors; you won't know the truth of the agendas until you give up your rights to freedom of speech in the Western democracy. I think Salem Rushdie has had a few criticisms for speaking his mind out side Islam. Many people in the West or democratic societies have to bend over backwards to accept their differences and demands, through the courts they usually get what they want without directly affecting you by speaking to you. If you are not allowed a Cross-on your Grave, its because someone was intolerant and went to court and changed the rules without you knowing. Same goes with prayers and hyme songs and crosses in public places. They effect you in secretive ways but won't intergrate into society for you to even find out.

It's called stealth Jihad, the system hits and eats away at society in small amounts till it takes hold, once the laws have been changed to accomodate Islam, you won't know who and why did them.

I see plenty of female News broadcasters covered up when they report in Muslim countries; they don't need to be told they get the message of fear without using words.

I am afraid of the religion they will abandon such as Christian Morals for the sake an Orwellian Saddam cross breed society where Shria law is being allowed in the UK, because of a stealth Islamic guilt emotionally blackmailing people to political correctness.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Look, it doesn't matter what the religion is, as soon as you have one group thinking that they are better because God favors them, there is a problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

I wasn't saying Islam alone was the cause of the many horrors of the past I meant all religion. And nothing scares me, but it will always concern me when a religion grows at a rapid rate, Muslim, Christian, Judaism, or any other.

I actually do have a "clue" and have studied many religions including Islam. The message is always the same, sacrifice, worship, obey, and serve without question. Any religion based on that is unnerving to a sensible person. And that sums up three of the biggest religions on earth.

And stop trying to bring up 9/11 in a thread that has nothing to do with it. I am not writing about that, I am referring to what they do to their own people, such as in Somalia, Sudan, and the mid-east countries. It's subjugation and slavery. Atrocities in every way.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
hmmm, it's not just due to muslims having lots of children...

i can think of about 30 - 40 WHITE reverts to islaam (including myself and my husband) that i know! so it isn't just the fact that muslims have lots of children...
it is the fact that when people have faith and realise the truth and beauty of islaam, even if they do not understand certain things to begin with, they accept it purely as it is from their Lord and Creator, just as the deciples of jesus and moses, abraham and noah etc, did also...

faith is very strong, especially when the religion calls to pure monotheism and the love of The Only One God...

i heard a christian guy say, which is quite a brilliant quote i must say (with regards to God Almighty in response to atheists):

absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence

my 2 pennies!
lol

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to believe or not to believe. But being a Muslim or Chritsian involves respecting the law and guides of your faith in which you practice.

The difference with islam is that once it gets a foothold in a countries government or the country becomes Islamic, you will find the core laws of Islam unable to accomedate the tollerance of other faiths. There are laws against other faiths in the very scriptures. Many are confused of what Qur'an has to say about other religious tollance. In one had it says its not okay to mix with other religions and another says its okay but ultimately the most common laws in the Middle East discriminate equal powers against non Muslims and other converts can be killed for their new faith.

If I am wrong in this part correct me:
Then its spilt bewteen what Muhammad wrote and what others wrote after him in the form or Shiite and Sunni believers so the decision has to explained in what you believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The problem with Islam is Sharia law. It is not a separation of Church and state. The west may have Christian roots but it operates under a separation of Church and state with constitutions that promote and protect equality amongst all peoples regardless of sex, religion, nationality. I have a real problem with Sharia law. Its horrendous. Its the dark ages.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

You hit the nail on the head. I'm quite happy to allow anyone believe in what they want but when religion rules the country I feel it is a step back in time. Now I'm not just pointing to Islam, christianity was used for power and EVIL in the name of god, how many women were drowned or burned at the stake because someone had taken a dislike to them and called them a witch? how much land was stolen around the world in the name of God?

I believe (this is my personal belief) that religion was introduced to control the masses, nothing more, nothing less. People have become very rich and very powerful and all in the name of God.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a religion is a belief.

not a fact!!

to make a people follow or force them to by law in a idea or thought....is dumb

and in turn make's me wonder why sheeple huddle to religion for comfort.

they only have power because they force there system on us by law's..
and people won't fight for anything anymore ....and they will

[edit on 16-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If anyone reads the conspiracy section I would just like to highlight this thread, I realise that it is getting away from the original topic and if one of the admins feels it's inappropriate then please feel free to remove it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join