It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they burying in our highways?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
While driving around the country during the summer I noticed a lot of sections of the interstate had holes cut into the roadway.

Anyone know what this was about?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
it'd be slightly easier if u gave us some clues.

Location, time, date etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Approximately what size were the holes?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A lot of intersections have what appear to be rectangles cut into them, right behind the white line.

These are weight sensors, so that the stoplight will shorten its cycle if all the cars go through.

Maybe that is what you are talking about?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I saw all of this on the interstates when I was driving through WV,KY, and all the way up to New York state and from New York state back to VA.

I forgot to add Ohio and PA.

It looked like 10x10 sections opened up with some at the end of bridges and some out in the middle of nowhere.

I think most of these sites were before you entered a large city.

Seemed really odd that these were taken all the way down below the pavement.

The time I was going through was back in July but I am sure this is still going on.

Got me thinking that they may be putting in detectors for radiactive materials and other things. Maybe even x-rays?

My brother was telling me that the truck stops even have radiation detectors now.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by locpicker]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Some of these MAY be for the traffic "signs" that you see. You know, the ones that say "Expect heavy delays at the X mile marker" or "Accident on Interstate XYZ, expect delays", etc.

Then again, who knows.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
they do this every where.

Its to fix wear and tear in roads.

Australia does this.

Nothing out of the ordinary here.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have seen these here in the UK as well, living next to the Atlantic Highway (A30). They are putting traffic monitors in the road. Least thats what they're saying

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
So many of us are wearing tinfoil hats now, they have to come up with ways to beam the mind control particles up through our bungholes.

You check underneath your toilet lately?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It could be several things really, Maybe they are just patching worn areas?

Another couple of possibilities is that they are testing a new asphalt design.

Also if that particular stretch of road has services like water, power, gas, sewer etc underneath it they could be inspection points. or test holes to find these services.

OR maybe it's a test area for new types of GPS on cars that steer themselves so they could be running some kind of sensor along the road.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
So many of us are wearing tinfoil hats now, they have to come up with ways to beam the mind control particles up through our bungholes.

You check underneath your toilet lately?

I have my finest tin foil underpants on as we speak

[edit on 15-9-2008 by StarTraveller]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Um, none of the above!

They are road sensors for DOT (Department of Transportation) to monitor road temperature and amount of traffic. You will notice that off to the side of the road is a galvanized steel post with a small weather center, including anemometer, and a solar panel and antennae. They monitor the road conditions and weather conditions to know when they need to send the plows out. They also detect stopped traffic and track the number of vehicles that travel the road per day - for maintenance.

You can play with it HERE! By applying the filters and hovering your cursor over an indicator you can see the readings of the sensor.

new topics

top topics

join