It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria: MEND Declares Oil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Nigeria: MEND Declares Oil War

www.filefactory.com

Summary

The militant group Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) on Sept. 14 declared an “oil war,” one day after Nigeria’s military launched an assault against MEND positions in the Niger Delta region. Now, MEND fighters are expected to carry out a counterassault on the country’s energy facilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
srb.stanford.edu
www.foxnews.com
www.washingtonpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
South Ossetia: A Superpower Oil War
this is not an oil war!
The REAL reason for Iraq war.....no, not oil !!
Washington Post article about oil war

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I really don't like this. People say that the war in Iraq is an oil war. They say that because they think we were protecting our interests in the middle east. Yet here Nigeria has to fight over a group of rebels to secure oil in that region. This war might drive prices up.

I think if anyone should be concerned about this the oil companies should be concerned about it and we should be concerned about it because prices might go up. The oil sites may attack... and this war may have consequences for oil companies and may force them to change their politics about dealing with foreign nations. The dealings might not be so peaceful.

I think that anyone concerned about our current energy crisis should pay more attention to these situations around the world and what they could mean for our global economy.

www.filefactory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nigeria happens to be one of the most corrupt countries on the continent of Africa. Lagos is a live sewer. More money is channeled into and out of that country by the "Owners" of that country than you would believe. The rebels there are no better, but this has been going on for a very long time. Its just another blip on the screen of murder and corruption in that country. I would not be surprised that either China or Russia are behind this latest attempt to control the oil there. Both countries are heavily involved in the unease being formulated in that region!

Zindo

new topics

join