It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Evacuees Searching For The Nagin Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Texas Evacuees Searching For The Nagin Special

www.wwltv.com

NEW ORLEANS -- As Hurricane Ike barreled toward Texas last week, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin invited evacuees to his town, saying he wanted to return the favor for all the help folks in the Lone Star State had given people driven out by Hurricane Katrina.

Nagin urged those fleeing Ike to just request the "Mayor Ray Nagin special" when they booked their rooms.

On Saturday, after people asking for the special got only baffled looks, Nagin issued a statement saying the comment was a joking remark and just "my attempt to lighten the mood."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.chron.com

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
That New Orleans mayor really is a major A hole.
How can he pull a stunt like this on people fleeing for their lives?
How can he geta way with it?

I can't believe this man got re elected after calling his town a Chocolate City, and now this.

If this happened to me, no telling what I would do.

www.wwltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You know weather Nagin, is being being two faced or just has really poor taste the only question on my mind is this:

WHO in their right mind would go to New Orleans to escape a hurricane? Especially when they just had their own hurricane previously?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wow, I would have thought that he of all people would treat hurricane Ike with the seriousness and respect that it deserves. I would have taken the "Nagin Special" comment seriously too if I would have been one of the people seeking shelter in New Orleans. I mean, who thinks that a person of authority would be joking at a time like this.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

No one would. Once again I ask for help on how I can find or make an ICON for this page.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
People that fell for this Nagin joke should still submit their receipts to New Orleans for reimbursement.
Hell it's probabaly still coming out of my pocketbook anyway.

OT: Heracat, do you mean icon or avatar?

new topics

top topics

join