It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much we advanced or regress in the last 40 years ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is better to be a poll on this site and if the Abovetopsecret site approve it it should materialize as such.
The question is a simple one - do You consider that we are evolving as a human race with all the tech around us in the last 40 years or you think that we are just hamsters caught on the wheel of consuming information about "progress" (reading about all the science achievements) and see no improvement in the day to day life?

nairdA

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Technology goes up, society goes down.

I wouldn't consider laziness a good trait.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hi there, I see your Question very valid in todays society and here is my simply answer

As for technology obviously we and will continue to move forward, but humanity has turned from once was a world of Love, caring and appreciation to now a World of greed selfishness and Power. Technology has came out in a way of making life more comfortable but we have lost the basic Principles of survival in the Process. And because of this eventually it will lead to our Demise.
Hope that answers Your Question

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AusChiLLi

Touche!

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Nairda]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
In a brief answer...

Not only do I think humanity is being walked down a path to a two part society. the Have's and Have nots the educated and the serfs.

Beyond this I'd also posit we really haven't advanced since the mid 40's the technology we use today is all upgraded versions of things that were around or in the pipeline then.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
In a brief answer...

Not only do I think humanity is being walked down a path to a two part society. the Have's and Have nots the educated and the serfs.

Beyond this I'd also posit we really haven't advanced since the mid 40's the technology we use today is all upgraded versions of things that were around or in the pipeline then.

Haha, yes, because all those 40s oil, electricity, rail, and phone tycoons were all just upper middle class, and the internet was really a series of tubes back then.

With few exceptions, mostly in computing, technology isn't drastically different in principle, just in scale and sophistication. Socially, spiritually and culturally, there's been little change.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
We have gone Nowhere since the 60's

Those kids were so self obsessed they wont shut up about the "Changes" they have wanted to make since Freshman year in College

This entire election is a rehash of the 60's every President for 16 years has been

Clinton the Hippie
Bush the Frat Guy
and
Obama the Black Activist

I hate these guys I really do

America has become "Animal House"

Wake me up when a president that knows how to use the Internet Runs for office

LOL Hey didn't Blutowski end up a Senator at the end of that movie?

[edit on 22-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The great Ogden Nash once said:

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long."

There's usually a lot of wisdom in Nash's pithy and humoruous writing.

new topics

top topics

join