It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Price Spike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Gas Price Spike

www.wxii12.com

Prices between $4 and $5 per gallon are being reported at stations in Winston-Salem and Greensboro, with some locations charging more than $5. The average price in the state for regular unleaded on Thursday was $3.62.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is happening in NC, SC, VA, TN, MO, IN

People are starting to freak out and my personal source in Greenboro NC says that 3 out of 4 gas stations are OUT of gas and diesel alltogether.

www.wxii12.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I live in Tennessee and the gas station was only allowing 10 gallons per vehicle, some the average was about $4 a gallon, one place I saw had $4.29 up. It's because of the Hurricane shutting down our gasoline refiners.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
not surprising at all, we have come to expect this. There is NO shortage of Oil, and we have got a good supply for quite fews years yet, its just political.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is getting insane, Ike isn't even a category 3 and its causing a mess. I personally think this will just be a temporary spike and everything will be alright in the end. But if the refineries and off shore wells are damaged I bet we could see a major economic breakdown. How much more can the US take? This just shows how dependent the US is on Texas and Mexico's oil & refinery. This is the point in time where I'm glad I am living in Wyoming...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
not surprising at all, we have come to expect this. There is NO shortage of Oil, and we have got a good supply for quite fews years yet, its just political.

This has nothing to do with oil, and everything to do with Gasoline; Oil futures were barely up today, gasoline was up, and their is a shortage of gasoline in this region because the refineries have been shut down...and that's how you get gasoline...anyhow, this is temporary.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ongoing news discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join