It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe this is planet-X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hi every one I was just browsing thorugh APOD website of nasa and came across this picture posted on october 19,1996.

The picture in the page is a representation of a red dwarf star a mere 8 light years away.

Heres the link to that page.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

What's the closest extrasolar planetary system? It may well be planets of the dim red dwarf star cataloged as Lalande 21185 -- a mere 8 light years distant. This star is too faint to be seen by the naked eye and its planets have not been imaged directly. Instead, their presence is inferred by a long series of telescopic observations, tracking the star as it wiggles and wobbles in mutual gravitational response to the masses of its orbiting planets.

As you can see the planetary system is nearby and it also has planets orbiting it. And further it is a dwarf star and has planets orbiting it.

University of Pitsburgh astronomer George Gatewood recently announced that much of Lalande 21185's wobble is most likely due to an unseen planet with approximately 90% of the mass of Jupiter and an orbital period of 5.8 years. His work also indicates that a second and possibly third planet of similar mass could well be present in the system. Massive planets orbiting a red dwarf star would be very different from the Earth -- as illustrated in this artist's vision of a Jupiter-sized planet with rings and moons lit bya cool, dim sun.

So, you can see it clearly resembles planet x though it does not orbit the sun, and I think this planetary system was misunderstood as planet x.

So, please post your opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure how this qualifies in your mind as Planet X

Planet X is a loose term used by Astronomers for the planetoid/s just beyond Pluto. If your actually referring to Nibiru... well... with a supposed 3,600 year orbit, it's an impossible object.

This must be the 1001st thread dedicated to a supposed Planet X. It's getting beyond boring.

IRM

[edit on 12/9/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So it's a 'mere' 8 light years away? So what you're implying is this red dwarf, which by the way is NOT a PLANET it is a STAR. This star would have to travel at TWICE the speed of light to get here for 2012?

I thought planet X was out there but this theory takes the cake

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I like the Nemesis Star theory better... say that our sun is part of a binary system with a brown dwarf in a highly elliptical orbit. It allot more scientifically sound theory if not by much since more than half of the now star systems are binary pairs.... a brown dwarf orbiting the sun slowly at about 1 to 3 light years a way is possible and some scientists believe that its orbit could go along with the mass extinctions about every 26 million years as it passes close enough through the oort could to filling comets in our direction.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I'm not sure how this qualifies in your mind as Planet X

Planet X is a loose term used by Astronomers for the planetoid/s just beyond Pluto. If your actually referring to Nibiru... well... with a supposed 3,600 year orbit, it's an impossible object.

This must be the 1001st thread dedicated to a supposed Planet X. It's getting beyond boring.

IRM

[edit on 12/9/08 by InfaRedMan]

Thank you, would people please read some science articles with legitimacy this time around? Im starting to get bored of all the ignorant talk of Black holes and hadron collider and Planet X and whatever else you people can conjure up. People are taking the fun out of science.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

i agree my the theory i post maybe a little out there but it is a well documented scientific theory that has atleast a few followers and some slim chance of being true...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What I am saying is that though this planetary system is 8 light years away from us the red dwarf star resembles nibiru and the planets supposed to orbit nibiru were to be approx the size of jupiter and the planet is more than the size of jupiter, So, what I am saying is that this in would have been manipulated by imgination as nibiru.

And maybe this was the one that was discovered in WorldWide Telescope of microsoft recently and the video was posted on you tube, because the one found in WWT was detedctable only in low IR through IRIS

So, what is your opinion now.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

My Opinion is unchanged. Sorry - but your still talking complete baloney my friend
- However having said that, it's always good to have a fertile imagination

IRM

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by peacejet

My Opinion is unchanged. Sorry - but your still talking complete baloney my friend
- However having said that, it's always good to have a fertile imagination

IRM

Ok thanks for appreciating, but I am sure that atleast some one got the message I was trying to say.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Neh, what's really happened is that one of those planets broke loose from that unstable system a frillion years ago and has been bowling through interstellar space ever since, on a trajectory that will intersect Earth's in 2012.

Aha, now there's a theory. Now, does anyone favour a particular date for this little collision? I'm not fussy, but if you don't object I'd like to have it after my birthday. Say the next day, at about two o'clock in the morning, just as the party is beginning to wind down...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Planet X is not really a planet at all. It is a red dwarf star.

top topics

join