It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human rfid use country survey -- are rfids used in humans in your state or country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
if you'd help me out with this survey to unravel if there are or aren't conspiratorial networks in human rfid tagging, I'd appreciate it ... thanks -- I'll do a final wrap-up of all the results and post them.
(please document your comments w/published sources, thanks)

www.eworldvu.com...

RFID chips have been used in humans. Chips have been implanted in more than 2000 nightclub patrons in Barcelona, Spain, and Rotterdam, Netherlands for access to the club's amenities and an easy way to pay for the club's services.

The Real ID Act has its opponents. Maine, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, Montana, Maine, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington have passed legislation opposing Real ID. These states worry about an individual's loss of privacy and liberty.

www.schneier.com...

There appear to be specific, narrowly defined situations in which RFID is appropriate for human identification. Miners or firefighters might be appropriately identified using RFID because speed of identification is at a premium in dangerous situations
-- this seems to imply 'soldiers', as well.

Former Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson is now on the Board of Directors of Verichip. Thompson is excited about the company's technology and sees a big future for the implant of the chip in humans for all their medical data storage.
Verichip's (Human implant RFID) chip has raised concerns from civil libertarians and state governments.

Last month, Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger signed legislation banning employers from requiring employees to be implanted with RFID tags.
The bill's sponsor State Senator Joe Simitian (D- Palo Alto), condemned human tagging as the “ultimate invasion of privacy.”

www.gsb.stanford.edu...

USA
CALIFORNIA:
blogs.govexec.com...
Fear Over Forced RFID Tagging
Government Executive.com, September 5, 2007
Last week the California Senate passed by a 28-9 vote a bill to ban the implantation of a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tag in anyone who objects to the practice, according to an article posted by InformationWeek.

WISCONSIN
--bans forced human rfid chipping
www.spychips.com...
www.spychips.com...
Law Spotlights Opposition to VeriChip
Wisconsin's new law was introduced as Assembly Bill 290 www.legis.state.wi.us... by Representative Marlin D. Schneider (D) and was passed unanimously by both houses of the Wisconsin State Legislature. The law makes it illegal to require an individual to have a microchip implant and subjects a violator to a fine of up to $10,000 per day... Similar legislation has now been introduced in Ohio, Colorado, North Dakota, and Oklahoma (with both House and Senate bills)

www.ddj.com...

AUSTRAL-ASIA
Second largest tagger of humans.

Researchers Use RFID to Fight SIDS
www.rfidjournal.com... RFID Journal, April 17, 2007

A team at the University of Texas, Arlington, has designed and built a device that monitors the carbon dioxide a child exhales, and sends an alert via RFID seconds after the infant stops breathing.
InfoLogix Acquires RFID Patent Portfolio

www.oilempire.us...

Radio Frequency Identification (RFID): a key part of the global surveillance society ... a technological advancement over Nazi tattooing of prisoners.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately we in Australia are starting to see the ever increasing prevalence of RFID chips everywhere. I have just realised that some of our biggest retailers here have been utilising these chips for years including the likes of Kmart and Myers.

I have also recently noted that particular brands tend to be chipped regardless of where i buy them including Gillett razors and Revlon makup.

The sickening thing is that the general public is not made aware of their presence in any shape or form. these things just turn up, and unless you are aware of the implications, one does not even bat an eyelid.

new topics

join