It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is there an air born aids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i was talking to my friend about the "usual" and brought up an iteresting thing, he was talking about an airborn AIDs which was either recently found or made by the government. (not sure which of the two is the right one was a talk we had a while ago.)

Not trying to scare anybody just trying to find out if anyone has heard anything sence i cant find anything about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I work in the medical field and I have not heard of such a thing. Normally we are the first to get notices if something like that were to occur. I am not saying that its not possible, but I doubt its true.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I did a little google search and came up with the following article: new facts about aids

Lung biopsy tissue and lung fluids were examined and found to have HIV. So you can obviously draw the conclusion that the virus is able to survive in the lungs, and can be coughed out.

I'm not sure this is a credible source, but was quite informative reading.

A_L

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That is different then being airborn though, they are simply stating that it can survive in the lung tissue. For something to be airborn it must be able to survive in the air for a long enough period to infect another person.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
There is a book entitled What They're Not Telling You About AIDS written by the 2 discoverers of the virus. In their book they talk about how the HTLV virus has a natural affinity for attaching to the tubercle bacillus, essentially making HIV airborne.

There's more to that story but this should at least point you in the right direction. Hope it helps.

Btw, I also work in healthcare and can't say that I've ever encountered an airborne case of aids. At least, none that I was aware of. *shrugs*

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i had found this and was the only thing i really found.

However, to day, not a single case of HIV transmission has been attributed to airborne HIV viruses. About 5 years ago an invected HIV dentist supposively transmitted the disease to a patient via Air Exposure, this could not be verified as factual. The reason for this is rather unknown, at least at this point no documentation of such transmission has occured.

answers.yahoo.com...

besides some forum posts.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by darkmdbeener]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thank you, I had found that link and wasn't sure if it was of importance or not. I'm not an expert in the medical field.

Have a great night.

A_L

new topics

top topics

join