It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Factcheck.org: McCain-Palin Distorts Our Finding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
McCain-Palin disstorts?

I hope this is within the line of the new rules here at ats.

A McCain-Palin ad has FactCheck.org calling Obama's attacks on Palin "absolutely false" and "misleading." That's what we said, but it wasn't about Obama. Our article criticized anonymous e-mail falsehoods and bogus claims about Palin posted around the Internet. We have no evidence that any of the claims we found to be false came from the Obama campaign. The McCain-Palin ad also twists a quote from a Wall Street Journal columnist. He said the Obama camp had sent a team to Alaska to "dig into her record and background." The ad quotes the WSJ as saying the team was sent to "dig dirt." Update, Sept. 10: Furthermore, the Obama campaign insists that no researchers have been sent to Alaska and that the Journal owes them a correction.

This is not a blog per say, as its from a site many have used to base their facts on. McCain /Palin are using this website in their latest ad against Obama and the site calls foul. Is this as seemingly blatant as it looks?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yes it is. Its outright lying and the website doesn't like it. Like using the song Barracuda AFTER the band threatened to sue you if you didn't stop using it. Will they end the commercials and attacks? Doubt it.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They just assume the that whoever will watch wont fact check. And thats what we need to be doing all the time now

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Well it is not all that surprising. FactCheck.org is a well known liberal group. However, even they dispelled the rumors about Palin, which should say a lot in regards to much of the false garbage about her that has been propagated through blogs, and even here on ATS.

This is a campaign though, so you should expect both sides to run with whatever they have as far as ammunition. It would also be extremely naive to not hold a belief that those involved within Obama's Campaign had no say whatsoever in at least some of the rumor spreading. I do believe that the nastiest rumors were truly created and spread by immature bloggers, and the more liberal of news sources. However, some of the political based rumors were no doubt results of some within the Obama Campaign.

As for the "Dirt-Digging" of Palin, talk about a new desperate low:

In two letters released Wednesday, Thomas Van Flein called the investigation "unlawful and unconstitutional" and said the man hired to run it, former prosecutor Stephen Branchflower, has a conflict of interest because he's a friend of the fired commissioner. Citing "your seemingly biased conduct of the investigation in recent weeks," he urged Branchflower to stop interviewing witnesses — the second time this month that he's asked Branchflower to stand down.....

The investigation had included setting up a secret tip line to "accept and investigate anonymous rumors and complaints outside the scope" of the inquiry, Van Flein alleged. He also said Branchflower has deposed witnesses without proper notice other attorneys.....

Branchflower did not immediately return an e-mail seeking comment.

Van Flein sent one of the letters to Branchflower and the other to Democratic Sen. Kim Elton, who heads the Legislative Council, the body that unanimously approved the investigation in July. Both letters were dated Tuesday.

Gene Johnson
Associated Press

Talk about a complete partisan smear campaign. A Democrat lead committee investigating Sarah Palin for the commencing of her duties as the Governor of Alaska, and now they have also set-up a Secret "Tip-Line" for rumors outside the scope of the investigation.

Not to mention that the same legislator heading the investigation had photographs taken of him at an Obama Campaign Office not too long ago.

Here, take a look for yourself. Alaska State Senator Kim Elton (D) is on the Far Left:

Here is his officially listed photograph for a comparison:

Conflict of Interest anyone?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by TheAgentNineteen]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

factcheck.org is not a known liberal group. I dont know where you get that from. Just because in this instance it goes against McCain...

I posted something from factcheck saying that Obama stretched the truth and distorted facts in his Tv ad as well.. But it was deleted for some reason. I was told it had nothing to do with political platform of the candidate. Which I whole heartedly disagree with. A candidates tv ad has a lot to do with their platform. its how they get their messages across. And when the message is a lie in some form, it should be brought into light.

I did this with Obama, but it was deleted. I assume this thread will be too.

fact of the matter is, you can't deflect this. McCain tried to lie and got caught.

top topics

join