It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO - Norway Undersea UFO Base.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Cellphone recording close to Oslo Norway. Swedish original article can be found here:
www.nettavisen.no...

I hope somebody able to translate all that..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 911putoptions

Hi, 911putoptions: we have The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry:

Norwegian:
ziggystar60 Send U2U

I will bring this one to Ziggystar's attention.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Here you go guys.

Translated Version

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It's already been up and about... I seem to recall it was either downplayed or no conclusion was reached.

Sorry, I wasn't able to find the original thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The Google translation is not very good. I will do a manual translation and post it as soon as possible.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Mmm
I hope that the article is NOT based on these four lights:

which mysteriously become three right after: when something vanishes from sight, then it's an heavy clue that it's some reflection.
I try to explain it with an example:

This configuration is always suspect, because it match reflections coming from the inside of some place illuminated with ceiling lamps:

I am not sure, i HOPE to be wrong, but this looks to be the reflection on a glass of some ceiling lamps.

[edit on 11/9/2008 by internos]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

ok i see. this could might be the case here.. but whats with that thing in the water?
thanks to everybody taking time and helping out. peace

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 911putoptions

Let's wait for Ziggy's translation. As said, i could be wrong. The quality of the video is very bad, nothing can be said conclusively. The motion of the dark object is consistent with the one of a butterfly. But as said, i could (and hope) to be wrong. Let's wait for the accurate translation of the article.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
the black object hovering and diving is most likely an eagle or hawk of some sort.

I found a short vid on youtube:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What a beautiful animal, what a king of the air: thank you for sharing, i will watch it some hundreds times

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hi, ATS was down for a while, but here is the translation of the article in Nettavisen:

(Article in Nettavisen February 2, 2008)

Is this an UFO?

Bård Eidem (36) filmed five unidentified flying objects over Oslofjorden wednesday. See the video and judge for yourself.

– I stood and looked out over Nesoddlandet at around five in the afternoon when I spotted a little black box that was flying around near Elnestangen, says Bård Eidem from Vollen in Asker to Nettavisen.
He explains that the object was approximately one kilometre away in air distance, and that it moved in very swift and soft movements forth and back, up and down.
– I have never seen anything move in that way. It was a completely black, square and three dimentional box. I have never believed in Ets and all of this alien stuff, but by all means… This was crazy, says Eidem.
His mother was also present, and witnessed the whole event together with her son. She confirmes his story.

Suddenly they discovered another four big and uneven light sources hanging motionless in the air above the black "box".
– That really startled me, he says.
After a short while one of the light sources disappeared, while the three remaining continued to hang there in the sky.
– I was not afraid. Instead I was fascinated, he says.

For about half an hour he observed the event taking place in the sky before he got his mobile phone and filmed the peculiar activity. Shortly after he turned off the camera, the objects disappeared.
– The light sources just faded out, to put it that way. The little black box I just lost track of. It came and went the whole time, really, he says.
The military has no knowledge of activity in this area, and has not received any UFO reports.

– We promise to take a look at the video during thursday, and we will follow up this case further, if it is natural to do so, says lieutenant–colonel John Inge Øglænd at Fellesoperativt (joint operative) head quarter to Nettavisen.

The video is filmed with an Ericsson K800 mobile phone, with a 3,3 megapixel camera. The black "box" is relatively clear, but the light sources may look as reflections in the window. Eidem assures that this is not the case.
– No, no. That is no reflection in the window at all. It looked just the same outside the house too, he says.
There was strong wind at the place, but Eidem doubts that the object fluttering above the fjord may have been something caught in the wind.

Nettavisen showed the video to board chairman Harald Søvik at UFO–Norway.
– With a little imagination one can put a lot into this video. It is possible that it doesn't tell the whole story. But I recognize the pattern with light sources hanging motionless while something else is moving elsewhere in the picture. Many witnesses and many home made videos and photos describes this pattern, says Søvik, who points out that it is never easy to say something definitive when one is presented with documentation that has such low quality as Eidem's video.

UFO–Norge has so far not received rapports from other witnesses in the area. Søvik will contact Eidem and discuss the case with the rest of the board at UFO–Norge.

I also found another article, published the next day. In this article Bård Eidem's mother first confirmes her son's sighting, and there is a video interview with her that really has nothing new to offer. She just talks about how her son called her and wanted her to come and watch the box and the lights, and she says that the experience was very startling.

But the article also quotes another witness, who also saw strange lights in the sky the day before:

At around half past eight wednesday evening also Stefan Pavlovic stood in his livingroom at Nesøya and looked out the window.

– I stood there, looking out on Oslofjorden. Suddenly there were some lights there. I am used to seing airplanes in the sky, but this was no plane. It came out of nowhere, and lasted many seconds, he tells Nettavisen.
He is very puzzled about what is was that he saw. The flying objects were shining strongly and unevenly, just like the ones Eidem observed.

– I read about what they had seen at Vollen, and thought that it was remarkable that we saw almost the same thing. We didn't see any black box, but three to six uneven light sources which were moving. It was very special. A friend of mine saw it too, so I know that I didn't hallucinate, he says.

Pavlovic tells that he has a good view over Oslofjorden from his home at Nesøya, and that he and his friend could see the lights very clearly in the dark.

www.nettavisen.no...

I have not been able to find any other articles about the experience in norwegian newpapers, and nobody seems to have followed up this case. I have sent an email to the journalist who first covered the case and asked him if he has additional info, but I haven't received a reply yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Its a shame its not higher quality, nice find tho, I gave one of those blue star things to Infernos, I agree with the reflection idea for the white lights.

For the black object I would hazard a guess it is a dark blob attached to the corner of an acrylic/transparent sheet, the sheet is then overlaid on the glass and moved from the opposite corner (out of frame).

I have little evidence to back this up, tho from about 0:15 to 0:25 at the bottom left there is movement of a horizontal line which seems to correspond to movement of the blob, if u pause at 0:20 there is a glimmer of what looks like the bottom "edge" and a few seconds either side.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Nice job on the translation ZS. Thanks for doing that.

It's contributions such as these that help to make ATS the great place that it is!

I also think Internos did a nice job showing the possibility of internal lighting and reflection.

Good thread. This is the way to analyze these, we come together, share data, and then are not hung up on any one side so we can go where the data leads.

(The configuration and shape does look a lot like a reflection of a set of rectangular office lights.)

[edit on 11/9/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To my untrained eye it looked like a fly caught on the inside of plate glass window trying to get out filmed up close and out of focus. The bright objects in the sky looked like reflections to me. Although one thing that did catch my attention was a darker spot in the water that appeared almost like a shadow. Was pretty fuzzy so maybe my mind is filling in blanks here.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Bård Eidem filmed it. he said it was no reflection at all.
to me it looks really as a reflection after all your postings.
but there is also Stefan Pavlovic, from another angle but not videos or pictures. i dont know but thanks to everybody.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Shouldn't everyone be giving the OP and Ziggy stars here for their work?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Hi ziggystar!
I live in Oslo Norway and I haven't heard much about this sighting...
But I think I will take a closer look at this... Ill let you know if I find something interesting....

skekke!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Someone help me if you can? But i am confused! Isn't this post titled Norwiegan undersea UFO base? If not than the site is screwed up because thats what it reads on my PC, but the replies and material provided talk about lights in the Norwiegan sky above a city, somethings not right!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by damdevildog

Hi, I agree that the title of the thread is confusing. As far as I have been able to find out, none of the witnesses (or anyone else) has mentioned an undersea UFO base in connection with the event. Perhaps the OP thought that an undersea base could be an explanation for the lights somehow..?

The sighting didn't receive much attention in the norwegian media, it seems that Nettavisen was the only news source that covered it at the time, and they haven't written about it since. But I am still waiting for a reply from the journalist who wrote the first article, so perhaps he will have something more to tell me.

And to skekke: Hei, det er hyggelig å treffe andre vikinger her!

(Translation: Hello, it's nice to meet other vikings here!)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
ok - where is the " underwater UFO base " of the thread title ?????

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join