It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(Article in Nettavisen February 2, 2008)
Is this an UFO?
Bård Eidem (36) filmed five unidentified flying objects over Oslofjorden wednesday. See the video and judge for yourself.
– I stood and looked out over Nesoddlandet at around five in the afternoon when I spotted a little black box that was flying around near Elnestangen, says Bård Eidem from Vollen in Asker to Nettavisen.
He explains that the object was approximately one kilometre away in air distance, and that it moved in very swift and soft movements forth and back, up and down.
– I have never seen anything move in that way. It was a completely black, square and three dimentional box. I have never believed in Ets and all of this alien stuff, but by all means… This was crazy, says Eidem.
His mother was also present, and witnessed the whole event together with her son. She confirmes his story.
Suddenly they discovered another four big and uneven light sources hanging motionless in the air above the black "box".
– That really startled me, he says.
After a short while one of the light sources disappeared, while the three remaining continued to hang there in the sky.
– I was not afraid. Instead I was fascinated, he says.
For about half an hour he observed the event taking place in the sky before he got his mobile phone and filmed the peculiar activity. Shortly after he turned off the camera, the objects disappeared.
– The light sources just faded out, to put it that way. The little black box I just lost track of. It came and went the whole time, really, he says.
The military has no knowledge of activity in this area, and has not received any UFO reports.
– We promise to take a look at the video during thursday, and we will follow up this case further, if it is natural to do so, says lieutenant–colonel John Inge Øglænd at Fellesoperativt (joint operative) head quarter to Nettavisen.
The video is filmed with an Ericsson K800 mobile phone, with a 3,3 megapixel camera. The black "box" is relatively clear, but the light sources may look as reflections in the window. Eidem assures that this is not the case.
– No, no. That is no reflection in the window at all. It looked just the same outside the house too, he says.
There was strong wind at the place, but Eidem doubts that the object fluttering above the fjord may have been something caught in the wind.
Nettavisen showed the video to board chairman Harald Søvik at UFO–Norway.
– With a little imagination one can put a lot into this video. It is possible that it doesn't tell the whole story. But I recognize the pattern with light sources hanging motionless while something else is moving elsewhere in the picture. Many witnesses and many home made videos and photos describes this pattern, says Søvik, who points out that it is never easy to say something definitive when one is presented with documentation that has such low quality as Eidem's video.
UFO–Norge has so far not received rapports from other witnesses in the area. Søvik will contact Eidem and discuss the case with the rest of the board at UFO–Norge.
At around half past eight wednesday evening also Stefan Pavlovic stood in his livingroom at Nesøya and looked out the window.
– I stood there, looking out on Oslofjorden. Suddenly there were some lights there. I am used to seing airplanes in the sky, but this was no plane. It came out of nowhere, and lasted many seconds, he tells Nettavisen.
He is very puzzled about what is was that he saw. The flying objects were shining strongly and unevenly, just like the ones Eidem observed.
– I read about what they had seen at Vollen, and thought that it was remarkable that we saw almost the same thing. We didn't see any black box, but three to six uneven light sources which were moving. It was very special. A friend of mine saw it too, so I know that I didn't hallucinate, he says.
Pavlovic tells that he has a good view over Oslofjorden from his home at Nesøya, and that he and his friend could see the lights very clearly in the dark.