It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra-Terrestrials: Communicating With Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Extra-Terrestrials: Communicating With Stars

space.newscientist.com

Advanced extraterrestrial civilisations may be sending signals through space by "tickling" stars, new research suggests. The signalling would be the galactic equivalent of the internet.

"If it exists, it might be revealed by an analysis of already-existing stellar data," says John Learned of the University of Hawaii in Honolulu.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is EXTREMELY fascinating. It appears as if we might finally have a scientifically backed, efficient method for interstellar communication. They speak of using Focused High-Energy Beams to Pulse Stars into a Binary Code, which would then translate into an Interstellar "Fax" of sorts (ie, Data Transfer).

space.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
is this dangerous, especially if there is another earth type planet surrounding the star? or even better it is done to our sun?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The nearest star to Earth, besides the Sun is called Proxima Centari.
It's 4.2 light years away.
If Aliens were using stars to send signals to us here on Earth, then it would be a very slow means of communication.
Even if they were sending signals to us from our own Sun, it would still take about 8 mins and 20 secs. Just something to think about

Edit:spellcheck

[edit on 11-9-2008 by 4x4fun]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have been seeing this for two or three months now. They appear as stars but flash in blue, white, red, and green colors. I walk my dog every night late and see these stars. There's generally two or three of them across the sky and each night they are in different locations.

Since the first time I saw it, I felt like they were transmitting a message in morse code so the Binary Code reference you made seems perfectly fitting. I stare at them trying to figure out what the message is but it's consisently to no avail.

I just got in from walking my dog and tonight I noticed two aircraft whose light patterns were attempting to mimick what I have been seeing in the sky. On the whole, the aircraft flying around where I live (Chicagoland suburbs) has been suspicous to the max. This subject definitely has my attention.

Peace

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
I have been seeing this for two or three months now. They appear as stars but flash in blue, white, red, and green colors. I walk my dog every night late and see these stars. There's generally two or three of them across the sky and each night they are in different locations.

Since the first time I saw it, I felt like they were transmitting a message in morse code so the Binary Code reference you made seems perfectly fitting. I stare at them trying to figure out what the message is but it's consisently to no avail.

I just got in from walking my dog and tonight I noticed two aircraft whose light patterns were attempting to mimick what I have been seeing in the sky. On the whole, the aircraft flying around where I live (Chicagoland suburbs) has been suspicous to the max. This subject definitely has my attention.

Peace

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Universal Light]

Your looking at satellites spinning in orbit the sunlight refracts at different places causing the blinking and colors. I sat one night watching the international space station do its light show it is cool, Light would be the worst way for interstellar communications.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There is an existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I appreciate that post as I've debated that thought many times. What's weird is the manner in which the flashing occurs. Light could be refracting without rhyme or reason but everytime I see it, I get this overwhelming feeling of morse code.

I could be unquestionably wrong but my inner feelings say that I'm not. I've always been a sky watcher and I've never seen these until the last couple months. The corresponding planes makes me think too. My mind isn't set on this as it could all be coincedental.

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

I see these as well. They are stationary, and flash blue, green, red, and white. At times they are rapidly flashing, other times slowly or not at all. I see the same ones pretty much every night (I work 3rd, go outside several times a night).

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Please post in this previously existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks. Closed.

top topics

join