It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann 9/10/08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I like that Olbermann is one of the few that speeks it like he feels it. This is the kind of thing you may hear having a real conversation with a real person and their real opinion. I felt the very same way when I heard Guiliani spewing forth all over his podium. Hateful puke... and Olbermann has the balls to say it. And IMHO I too believe he is right. Bravo!

Bring on the flames.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

Skipper, glad you posted this. I just watched it on the DVR about an hour ago.

I am amazed at the level of invective directed at Olbermann!

Yes, he is loud and opinionated, but he calls out the liars (from both sides) and does it with integrity. When he is wrong, he admits it and apologizes.

Using the Tourette's Syndrome was over the top, but someone has to counter-balance the likes of Rush Limbaugh who never has any qualms about insulting people (remember when he called Chelsea Clinton a 'dog')??

Speaking of trying to balance, not only is there the Limbaugh, but Sean Hannity, O'Reilly, Coulter (I refrained from calling her 'coultergeist', but Zindo said 'Olberdork', so fair is fair), Savage, Ingraham, et al. AND that's the short list.....of vitriolic haters who spew daily.

OH! Almost forgot....speaking of Limbaugh and his favorite term, 'Feminazis'....oh, wait....too off topic, and it would be political baiting. But I want to say it so badly! (sigh)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Using the Tourette's Syndrome was over the top, but someone has to counter-balance the likes of Rush Limbaugh who never has any qualms about insulting people (remember when he called Chelsea Clinton a 'dog')??

I'm still not sure you understand. Olberman didn't just insult Guliani with the Tourette's comment. He is insulting all the people with Tourette's by using this syndrome to negatively label and insult somebody else. It in no way compares to calling Chelsea Clinton a dog.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oberman has always been outspoken against the Bush administration and Cheney. Nothing new here, like a previous poster said "you either love or hate him" is how he affects most people. I've seen through his game this last year, but there's still truth in what he's saying with his spin all over it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Look, I understand that you can only take my point of view of this guy from whats written here. If you have been arms length from someone and I have and listened to him tear apart people for no reason other than he can. Say things you folks have never heard him say other than what you hear on air. You might understand why I feel the way I do about him. When he left ESPN, he had VERY few friends left in the production staff. His ego about what he did on air always was someone elses fault. Never his, and he made alot of gaffs about sports figures for stupid reasons. What goes around, comes around, and its his turn!!! My opinion is based on my own interaction. Take it for what its worth, no matter how little.

Zindo

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I hardy watch tv news anymore so all I catch is a 30 minute video every couple weeks or so. I don't understand why people still watch those talking head arguing shows. They are not discussions. Just yelling from one "side" to the other. I used to watch more and I remember olberman was one of the first reporters/newscasters to take people to task after the shock of 2001-2004 passed and we found ourselves in a war that wasn't over as fast as the first one.

If I was forced to watch him I might cringed after 20 minutes or so but that is about his delivery and the commercials rather than the message. We need A LOT more like Keith to talk about the stuff that drives the politically polarized people nuts.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Frankly I was sickened by Keith. I know, I abhor the NeocoNazis. But I listen to Keith and think, Keith! You MUST know that it was an inside job. You, who can see so much, MUST know. Yet there you are, harping on them "letting it happen," on "getting Osama..."

Keith, you are the Prime Left Gatekeeper.

You are misdirecting emotional energy away from those who truly deserve it. Sure, you sound all good and anti-Bush-McCain. But in the end, you're doing your job, and that is to keep the Two-Headed Coin in place, dealing with the emotional energy as They want done.

And that sickens me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
What a truly sad and angry man. I feel bad for anyone who has that much hatred for a particular party - any party for that matter. This is truly sad that a little man like this can be so consumed with hatred. I am conservative but I don't live my every day life degrading and hating liberals. I pray he finds peace some day.

Well... It's conceivable that, knowing the REAL truth, and knowing he cannot SAY the real truth, his anger over that is boiling over... But I think he is playing his divide and conquer role to the hilt.

I will vote Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
All you people who say he's one sided, he's the only guy I've seen interview Ron Paul. During the Primaries the ONLY Channel to allow Ron Paul on was MSNBC. And now? Just a couple days ago I posted how Bob Barr was on the Rachel Madow Show. MSNBC has been the ONLY Channel to let Bob Barr on and speak.

And guess what? Keith, Rachel, Joe(The evil liberal he is right? Former Republican Rep.) will be the only ones in Media to let Bob Barr or Ron Paul on their shows.

Also, a main stay of MSNBC? Pat Robertson. Yeah, real liberal there too...

Anyways, as said, either you love the truth or you watch Fox News. ANd as seen here you can tell who watches Fox News and who'd rather listen to real news not read off a memo from the White House.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by jamie83

The point is fair jaime. Gulliani uses 9/11 so much its repetitive. So much so, that it starts to become insulting to some people.

So, if you had been mayor of NYC, or maybe just a citizen living or working near the WTC on 9/11, how could what happened not dominate your thinking for perhaps years to come? I think you have to give people a kind of pass for that.

Regarding Olbermann, he is fueding with O'Reilly and therefore must consider himself the left's version of O'Reilly and not really an unbiased reporter. So, why doesn't Olbermann drop his pretense of being unbiased and do a similar show opposite O'Reilly's time slot - sort of have a go at him mano a mano?

Sounds like it might be interesting, but we all know it will never be allowed to happen by MSNBC for the simple reason that in the ratings game O'Reilly would kick Olbermann's butt. It wouldn't even be close. Investigate what happened with Air America for an idea of what would also happen to Olbermann.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Keith has stated before when its his opinion that it is his opinion. In fact he usually says "Mr. (Insert title here) I can't believe you said/did X which goes against Y and I" notice, not "We the People of these United States" or "America" but "I".

And still, no one has pointed out what he said that was a lie.

And Didn't Rudy change his B-Day to 9/11 and his social security number to 911-02-2001? Heck when he was campaigning the only words he said were 9/11 attack I was mayor 9/11 9/11 attack 9/11 mayor of America 9/11!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
So, if Olberman is a liar, as accused in this thread, can someone point out one of his lies?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Errrrrr.....Ummmmm....Centurion?

I'm looking at my Dish Network schedule, and I see O'Reilly on at 8 o'clock. And, derned if 'Countdown' is on at 8 o'clock also!!

But, O'Reilly constantly lies about the ratings. Unabashedly lies.

(I hope this doesn't run afoul of the new rules...maybe it's a gray area?)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I already asked that, and no replies.

And I still love that MSNBC and Keith is so one sided but what is the ONLY channel to allow Bob Barr and Ron Paul on? MSNBC.

Also, Joe Scarhoweveryouspellhisname is a former Republican Rep, and Pat Robertson is a mainstay on just about every show.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Thats not true, Glenn Beck has had Ron Paul and Bob Barr on for full hours numerous times. He has had in depth interviews with him before the primaries and during.
Zindo

[edit on 9/11/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Madness Ends Today

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join