It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin chosen for not having abortion says Dem chairwoman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler told a Politico reporter today that Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., had chosen a running mate" whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn't had an abortion."

Fowler then issued a statement:

Fowler has issued a statement, saying, "I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive. I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it’s the environment, the economy, the war or a woman’s right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue. That was the only point I was attempting to make."

blogs.abcnews.com...

It's almost unbelievable that someone would say such a thing. It's shocking and disgraceful!

Jemison

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Jemison]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's disgusting. That's the only way I can characterize that comment. I don't care what kind of spin they put on it after the fact.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

The title to this thread is misleading. In fact, it's just plain, not true. I know the S.C. Democratic chairwoman said it, but the title here makes it sound like that was the reason she was chosen.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well I doubt she would have been chosen for the Republican ticket if she had an abortion.

Seems like a no brainer to me....

If she had aborted her son Trig, she would not be the GOP VP running mate.

Although I imagine many Americans, Democratic and Republican alike would not think badly for her as a person if she had chosen to go that route. She also kept the pregnancy so secret, that if she had aborted, only she and her husband, her doctor and her God would have known. Instead, the whole world knows that Sarah Palin is no baby killer. Wolf killer, yes. Baby killer, no.

I really like the three exclamation points in the title!!! It really adds a lot of excitement to this thread, discussion of McCain and Palin, and the McCain and Palin ticket over all!!! I think we should all try to use three exclamation points whenever we discuss the GOP ticket!!!

!!!
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here are a few more links to the story:

elections.foxnews.com...

www.lifenews.com...

I don't think that anyone can dismiss this story as a simple rumor - especially since Fowler gave a statement, but I'm including additional sources in case someone questions the first source.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Well I doubt she would have been chosen for the Republican ticket if she had an abortion.

Medical records are sealed. I doubt if anyone would have ever found out, and even if it leaked it would probably be very difficult to actually PROVE without people going to jail (HIPAA).

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Didn't want to derail your thread with something totally off topic.

It is just sad and scary that people say things like this.....and these are our "leaders".

[edit on 9/10/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The title to this thread is misleading. In fact, it's just plain, not true. I know the S.C. Democratic chairwoman said it, but the title here makes it sound like that was the reason she was chosen.

I didn't mean to have a misleading title. I apologize and have edited it to be more specific.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Are there any issues in this campaign at all?? Or is foot-in-mouth disease breaking out along the campaign trail??

I think the 'foot-in-mouth disease' will die down once the debates begin. Right now the bloggers and media are having a field day looking for anything they can to make a story.

We also have to keep in mind that Palin has only been on the scene for 12 days so there is a lot of 'catching up' to do in regard to stories coming out about her.

If I were a Politician not directly involved in the campaign I think I would be keeping my mouth shut for the next several weeks. It seems that by the time this election is over, many politicians will end up with egg on their face.

The media frenzy seems to be settling down with Palin and the debates are just around the corner so the 'issues' will be coming soon.

While I can understand Fowlers explanation for her statement I cannot believe she didn't edit her thought in her mind. Anyone with half a brain would know that a statement like that would have a major backlash and would stop themself mid-sentence before saying it!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow. Fowlers husband is the one that was caught on video last week joking about the hurricane coming during the Republican convention and how God must be on the Democrats side.

I wonder what kind of conversations that family has at the dinner table. Probably pretty colorful stuff!

Jemison

top topics

join