It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

whoops. got me. I dont know why I typed reporter. Well my bad, point remains the same.

I wasn't trying to "get you," I was just suggesting you may want to read the article. And I agree with your point. Biden's remarks about Hillary were humble and classy. And I thought how he handled his "gaffe" with the man in the wheelchair was genuine and heartfelt. I didn't think it was fair to criticize him for that one at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Yeah there is no way Obama could swap VP's at this point. It looks like his moment of cattiness has cost him the election.

Obama is not stupid, he is all about reading "the people", so surely the topic of Hillary as VP came up and was discussed at length. She took HALF the democratic votes. I wonder if maybe Michelle played a big part in that decision. I can hear it now, "Don't do it, you don't need that woman, you can do it on your own baby!".

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Sonya610]

It could happen. I can see something like that. Another question ok, this one is way off the wall, but while I'm at it;

What if the Democratic party says to "Obama. You gotta go... you're ruinning the Democratic party, Hillary will take your place, and 'you' will be VP, if ya still want it but, you gotta shut up and, quit saying crazy stuff"?
lol
I haven't researched it, I was just hoping someone knew, if this scenario, in relation to our Constitution, could be possible.
thx.

thx.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

I dont think the constitution applies to Obama dropping out of the race at this point. Is that what you are asking? I wasnt too sure if thats what you meant.

The dems could tell Obama to not run and have marvin the martian run for all they care.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Well, what I was wondering is, at this point in the race, if the Democratic party for whatever reason they come to, decides Obama is a menace to the party, can they ask Obama to step aside and let someone else take his place?
Or, I can try to say it this way; At this point in the race, Can Obama drop out now, and then be replaced?

And if so, does anyone know if this has happened before?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 4x4fun

Not sure if it has happened before, but the party can definitely make a switch if they wanted. But it would be a bad move. It would take away any legitimacy of the primary race. And the democratic party would probably lose a lot of voters.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

You are 100 Percent correct..Obama acts like he is in 9th grade and wants to be the most popular in school.Good fot you to say what you said.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's too late.

And Biden just sunk Obama's ship. No VP switch will help him now.

If that was going to work, Biden needed to manufacture some pretext that would have taken him out of the race.

What Biden did with this single statement is provide the ultimate damning evidence that Obama made the wrong judgment call-- lethal to a presidential candidacy.

It's over.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
< she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it MIGHT have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely>

I MIGHT win the lottery today.
I MIGHT be the best hockey player there is.
I MIGHT have been the greatest baseball player ever.

All statements 100% true...just not very likely.

Anyone understand the word "MIGHT". Evidently not the GOP who spun this in ugly ways as usual.

Joe was being complimentary to Hillary. Nothing more, nothing less.
The GOPs spin was juvenile, cynical an predictable.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think a change now would be disastrous to his campaign. Changing horses in mid-stream won't help. Hillary has alienated probably half of her fan base by pledging her support to Barack Obama, so she brings little to the table. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

hahaha...thats right I wonder if Biden has a golden parachute in his contract with Oblama...!

The only way Oblama would not look bad is if Biden were to die (I do not endorse this, just an opinion)

The second coming of smooth willy is stuck with Biden...

BTW- I like Bill Clinton alot... we have a common interest (woman, except mine are better looking

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think Biden is just buttering up the Clintons, hoping Hillary may be more helpfull ,which she has not been!

Plus, seems the first decision Obama made in choosing a running mate, has been pointed out by said running mate, to have been a POOR decision.

[edit on 103030p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is another reason why people love Biden. Did you know he has ridden on the same subway train every day for decades? He has even thrown birthday parties for the workers and some of the people he rides with as he knows these people after riding the same train as they for decades.

But... Yes. I too believe Hillary would be a better VP. Biden is an old lovable teddy bear but Hillary is what is needed to rip the throats out of an opponent. Also, can you imagine the cage match between Clinton and Palin? You know Bill would be there to watch it. Although now that he's all for drilling in Alaska, laying pipe in Alaska, he might not root for his wife lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's a terribly biased judgment to FEED a silly rumor that Joe Biden is stepping down, based on PART of and answer without taking the question and full answer, in context, into account.

Has anyone seen the video? Has anyone read the actual quote in context? From the original source:

At a rally in Nashua, N.H., a man in the audience told Biden how glad he was that Obama picked him over Hillary, "not because she's a woman, but because, look at the things she did in the past."

"Make no mistake about this," Biden responded. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend, she is qualified to be president of the United States of America, she’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she’s first rate, I mean that sincerely, she’s first rate, so let’s get that straight."

It seems to me that it was self-deprecating humor with a little bit of defensiveness for his friend thrown in. That's who Joe Biden is. I can't find a video with the question AND the answer, but here's the whole answer. Keep in mind someone just told him that they were glad his good friend wasn't chosen for the job he now holds...

It's silly to think that Biden's going anywhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't think his comment is going to help Barack Obama's campaign in any meaningful way. I took his comment to be a bit of introspective meandering concerning his selection as the Vice Presidential running mate as opposed to Hillary.

I'm sure he's been following the polls lately, and realizes that Hillary would have done much more to energize the Democratic base than himself. I think he was just being honest on the subject.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Removed by poster due to uncertainty about the new rules ...

[edit on 9/11/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Biden is an old lovable teddy bear but Hillary is what is needed to rip the throats out of an opponent.

I'm sure she would do that to her opponent, but I doubt she would do the same to our enemies.

Also, can you imagine the cage match between Clinton and Palin? You know Bill would be there to watch it. Although now that he's all for drilling in Alaska, laying pipe in Alaska, he might not root for his wife lol.

I can imagine alright, I'm sure he has already thought about drilling in Alaska.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I MIGHT win the lottery today.
I MIGHT be the best hockey player there is.
I MIGHT have been the greatest baseball player ever.

All statements 100% true...just not very likely.

Anyone understand the word "MIGHT". Evidently not the GOP who spun this in ugly ways as usual.

Saying MIGHT is STILL a problem!

We are talking about a MAJOR position in this world. There is no room for MIGHT! As a VP he and Obama should BELIEVE 100% that they are the BEST for the job. NO: might, maybe, hopefully.......whooooooops.

MIGHT????
If might is in the equation, then you are clearly the wrong one for the position.

[edit on 9/11/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Not to mention the possible conflicts. Michelle and Hillary both in the White House? LOL.

Or Cindy McCain and Sarah Palin in the White house. Talk about two clashing personalities... Billionaire, meet hard fightin' Hockey mom...

This could go both ways. Two high powered personalities under the same roof are bound to cause a conflict.

Also, Obama and Biden have worked together in the Senate. Obama and Hillary worked together in the senate; Obama and the DNC decided to put Biden on the ticket, that's Obama's candidate... A change two months before the election is a death blow...

Hillary may be an adviser, or even Secretary of State... But she Won't be on the dang ballot.

My $0.02...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think that the only thing Hillary would have brought to the campaign that would make her better than Biden would be the votes that were following her. Obviously there were a great number of people that were ready for Hillary to be the Dem candidate. If she were to be Obama's running mate, many of her fans may have automatically supported the campaign. (They also may not have, if they were against Obama to begin with) However, now this group of voters is torn between staying with the Dem vote, or going another route.

I feel that Biden may have made his comment to try to appeal to the Hillary fans, perhaps in hopes that they would see that he is a Hillary fan and then vote for him because of it. He did not say anyone would have been a better choice. He is not saying that he does not believe he is qualified. He is only complimenting Hillary how he sees fit. In hindsight, he might not have used these words, knowing that it would have caused such a commotion.

The fact of the matter is that Obama supports his choice of running mate, Hillary supports the choice, and Biden is qualified to be the next VP; he may be more qualified than I believe our current VP is for the job. And if it were between Biden and Cheney... I don't think that I would be alone in saying I would choose Biden.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

His son is in Iraq reason (doesn't want to put him at extra risk).

Now THAT'S a good one!

Hmmm... Now you've got me thinking he just might have Mrs. B unstitching the VP monograms from his undies at this very moment!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join