It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCARY WEB SITE 2 : gamespy.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hi,
Yesterday, I receive a newsletter from :

lyris.gamespy.com...

The strange thing is that the web site seems desert (until under construction) but the newsletter in very advanced and talk about newgames issue, movies, downloable soundtracks, Games data base over 200.000 games, dowload, ,upgrade...

I don't remenber about sign up in a videogames website.

If someone know this site...

NANS

PS: lyris is the host/website designer/email hosting of gamespy...

[Edited on 13-1-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
lol..you just found gamespy?heheheheh.....gapyspy rox for like chess,ppoker etc..but for the online gamesthat i play"counter-strike,tribes2,ultima online,half life,etc,etc,etc...gamespy's servers suck for those games...ping is like 200 on their servers...um gamespy also is awesoem ,because you can dl about 50 diffrent game demos/games

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i remember back in the day playing quake TF.. it was www.quakespy.com back then

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the All-Seeing Eye is waaaaaaaay better.

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
...I'm surprise 'cause I don't play on lign, use the web in cybercaffe and never sign up in a games website but I receive their newsletter...
I may sign up, maybe

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
lyris.gamespy.com??????????

Don't make me laugh!!

The proper gamespy site has the green secret agent dude on the front page.

www.gamespy.com...

It's obvious someone is trying to cash in on one of the biggest gaming sites in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Congrats, you were hit by a spammer who wants to make money through you.

(yes, really)

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have a Pentium 4 1.8Ghz, 256mb ram, Windows XP Home, and I can't get the games to launch. I have like ten games and NONE of them launch. Yet I can play single mode just fine. I would not recommend Gamespy, that site sucks. They also want you to pay twice to download their games. They suck!

[Edited on 13-1-2003 by troylawson]

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What do you mean exactly with "none of the launch"??? Using the gamespy program???

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well whether or not I am the host(I tried all the games I have and the GasmeSpy software server or whatever refuses to launch the software). Anyway, I am angry that the software doesn't work and I doubt it is my fault, since I have the new hardware and all, and works just peachy in single mode. Maybe I will take a day off work and try in the day. I don't get it, it should work. I am not a computer illiterate, I'm a computer geek, but not a programmer. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Troy, as $tranger said earlier in the post, use Allseeingeye, its at least ten times better than Gamespy.

top topics

join