It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Testing in Our Atmosphere (and elsewhere)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is my first true topic I created on these boards.
(so forgive me if im not "doin it right" lol)
It is an important subject ,and also a subject which we have no power over, no identifiable control and can leave a person with most interesting
(and baffling) questions and thoughts.

The testing of nuclear weapons in our atmosphere.
(not to mention sea testing,underground and above ground)

I have watched multiple documentarys and clips, read articles
(Nuclear 911, Nukes in Space, Trinity and Beyond to mention a few)
and seen the explosions, the destruction and the effect that Nuclear weapons can have on ground/areas of earth decades later. It is my opinion that due to the effects primarily from atmospheric testing we can attribute many differences to ALL things on earth.Atmospheric testing I believe has "corrupted" our poor earth and ourselves, not to mention all forms of beings.
ex. www.livescience.com...

Also,what possible instances of effects caused by atmospheric and other nuclear testing can this board suggest as well?

In fact , one documentary it shows how bases have been built AROUND and WITHIN nuclear blast zones. It is a marvelous that they find a use for those areas after completely destroying parts of the land, but what is more of a wonder (to me) as to why they started building bases around those facilitys and blast zones.
en.wikipedia.org...:NTS_test_preparation2.jpg

Wouldnt people that work there be in danger and most likely fall victim to some kind of sickness or poisoning?

I am simply here to bring to your attention the impact the decision to test Nuclear weapons in our atmosphere had ,and will continue to have, on all things inhabiting earth (and more than likely, Life surrounding earth)

In the 50's and 60's the U.S.A and U.S.S.R had been testng nukes on earth. It was not long before they moved into earths atmosphere for testing.
Videos of both sorts of testing can be found on the internet, in above mentioned documentarys .

Spectacular , YES. Did they actually NEED to test nuclear devices in space? Possibly... Did they ever once for a second think about the effect it would have, both on earth and in space?

JFK Quote:"well we asked van allen about it and he said it wouldnt hurt the van allen belt" followed by a chorus of laughter from the audience

And finally of course we cannot forget underwater testing,which may have been just as terrible as atmospheric testing due to the fact that we eat seafood, which is now as a result, for lack of a better word, contaminated.

Basically I just wish for people interested in the subject to enrich their mind and learn things about Nuclear Testing they may not have known.

Here are some things we know(and possible relations to as a result of) are results of this testing and provided are links to more information
(thank you to all sources,expecially wiki):

www.livescience.com...

www.helium.com...

www.ratical.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...:US_fallout_exposure.png
canterbury.cyberplace.org.nz...

Nuclear Testing in Our Atmosphere

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by instrumentality

"Wouldnt people that work there be in danger and most likely fall victim to some kind of sickness or poisoning?"

Unfortuantely they did and it was all intentional.

The US desperately wanted to know what the long-term effects of various bombs would be. Ever see the video with the soldiers getting hit by the blast wave as the sit down or duck in trenches? That happened to thousands of soldiers and they were never told of the KNOWN dangers.... they were treated as disposable.

Google: Nuclear Soldiers.

It is just horrible what was done. It was all intentional.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
yes i have seen that video . it is shocking to think your own country would even consider doing that.

so many questions i would love to have answered... like what kind of real hard evidence the u.s. goverment had that supported it was a good idea for both atmospheric testing and more so, testing at ground level with human subjects.

join