It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in the End Times according to the Prophet John�s image in Revelations?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I will take a look at the Seven Signs announcing the end in Matthew 24:4-25, these correspond to the Seven Seals in Revelation.

�4 Jesus said to them in reply, "See that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Messiah,' and they will deceive many. You will hear of wars 5 and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be famines and earthquakes from place to place. 6 All these are the beginning of the labor pains. 7 Then they will hand you over to persecution, and they will kill you.

You will be hated by all nations because of my name. And then many will be led into sin; they will betray and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and deceive many; and because of the increase of evildoing, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the world as a witness to all nations, 8 and then the end will come. 9 "When you see the desolating abomination 10 spoken of through Daniel the prophet standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then those in Judea must flee 11 to the mountains, 12 a person on the housetop must not go down to get things out of his house, a person in the field must not return to get his cloak. Woe to pregnant women and nursing mothers in those days.

13 Pray that your flight not be in winter or on the sabbath, 14 for at that time there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will be. And if those days had not been shortened, no one would be saved; but for the sake of the elect they will be shortened. If anyone says to you then, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. False messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will perform signs and wonders so great as to deceive, if that were possible, even the elect. Behold, I have told it to you beforehand. So if they say to you, 'He is in the desert,' do not go out there; if they say, 'He is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 15 For just as lightning comes from the east and is seen as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

16 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man 17 will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels 18 with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. 19 "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation 20 will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. 21 "But of that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven, nor the Son, 22 but the Father alone. 23 For as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

In (those) days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day that Noah entered the ark. They did not know until the flood came and carried them all away. So will it be (also) at the coming of the Son of Man. 24 Two men will be out in the field; one will be taken, and one will be left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken, and one will be left. 25 Therefore, stay awake! For you do not know on which day your Lord will come. Be sure of this: if the master of the house had known the hour of night when the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and not let his house be broken into. So too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.�

1.False Prophets- corresponds to the first Seal (Rev.6:2)
Many have come in the name of �Christ�. I will take a look at four people who have been prevalent with being called a False Prophet.

Rev. Sun Myung Moon
www.geocities.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Sun Myung Moon was born on January 6,1920 in Sangsa-ri, North Korea. He is the founder and leader of the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, also called the Unification Church, a worldwide organization that believes him to be the "Messiah" sent by God to complete the earthly mission of Jesus. He also founded The Washington Times Newspaper. Moon founded the church in 1954; 19 years after his claim of having a vision of Jesus telling him he�d been chosen to continue God�s fight against evil.

Moon moved to The United States in the early 1970�s, it was apparent to Moon that the US had drifted from its original ideals and started the �Day of Hope� speaking tour throughout America in the early 1970s with the purpose of reviving traditional Judeo-Christian values.
www.geocities.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

In 1974 he spoke to a substantial crowd at Madison Square Garden in New York City. He then went on to preach in all 50 states, hosted banquets for thousands of society's leaders, and during this time thousands of young people accepted his message and dedicated themselves to God's providence. Moon was invited to The White House, where he met President Richard Nixon. On two separate occasions, Moon spoke to the members of congress, both in The House and The Senate. He organized the greatest religious rally ever assembled in Washington, D.C. Over 300,000 people of all creeds and colors came to hear him speak at the "God Bless America Festival." At this historic rally, Moon called upon America to fulfill its blessing as one nation under God, and to create "one world under God."

Problems for Moon arose when his comments directed towards the forgiveness of Nixon during the Watergate Scandal did not sit well with a country that wanted Impeachment. The US government launched a plethora of official investigations of Moon involving nearly twenty federal agencies. Hearings of new religious movements were conducted on Capitol Hill, which was investigating Moon for alleged ties between the Unification Church and the Korean CIA. A five-year IRS investigation finally produced a politically crafted indictment against Moon. This indictment, handed down in 1981, charged him with evading income taxes nearly a decade earlier, as well as conspiracy to avoid those taxes. The government's purpose, however, was to force Reverend Moon to leave America. In New York Federal District Court, Moon was convicted and sentenced to spend eighteen months in a federal prison. Moon served time in Danbury Federal Prison, On August 20, 1985, Moon was freed after completing thirteen months of incarceration.

Upon his release Christian and Civil Rights leaders, including Reverend Jerry Falwell of the Moral Majority and Reverend Joseph Lowry of the Southern Christian Leadership, welcomed him back to society. In 1990, Moon organized a major meeting of government and media in Moscow. This fulfilled a pledge he had made in 1976 that one day he would organize a "great rally for God in Moscow." During this conference Mr. and Mrs. Moon met with President Mikhail Gorbachev. Through several interviews, televised and in print, they gave a message of hope to the Soviet people, urging them to turn toward God. Moon traveled to North Korea in December 1991, and met with President Kim Il Sung, under whose regime he had been tortured and sent to a labor camp. His purpose was to seek ways to bridge the gap between the two countries. The North Korean ruler, who had suppressed religion for forty years, completely welcomed Mr. and Mrs. Moon. Moon still to this day is spreading the �Word� of God throughout the world.

The Reverend Moon can be looked at from different view. He could be seen as doing God�s work, or He could be part of the deception. Doing this research, I have learned a lot about a man with a mission. Whether that mission is to deceive the world, I still have not come to a conclusion. Most of his public work seems deem ably exceptive. The thing that discerns me is his ties to Government, especially the US.
Related Link
Common Dreams

Up Next

David Koresh, former leader of the Branch Davidian cult in Waco, Texas

Due to the Lack of intrest I had discontinued Active Research on this.

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

[edit on 23-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't see the world persecuting Christians because of Jesus' name.

Seeing that Christians and Jews run the world, I see Muslims being persecuted and murdered because of Islam.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Seeing that Christians and Jews run the world, I see Muslims being persecuted and murdered because of Islam.

What does this have to do with False Prophets?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I don't see the world persecuting Christians because of Jesus' name. Seeing that Christians and Jews run the world, I see Muslims being persecuted and murdered because of Islam.

around 156,000 christians die every year for what they believe in. A lot more are beaten, tortured and persecuted to a great extreame.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i would concur that yes, we are in the days of revelation, last days, days prior to the return of the messiah...

but what do i know, according to scripture no one will know the day or time of "return"...

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
..dang... I was looking for your analysis on the
passages in Book of Daniel, which gives the,
sometimes convoluted, chronological linkages
from the Greek Empire Age until the 'Tribulation'

besides Daniel was only the 'agent' to 'interpret'
Dreams ((frowned upon, if not from YHWH))

www.blueletterbible.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the 'sermon on the mount' piece you provided
the book of Revelations of John the Divine
~~are broad & symbolic works, where as the Daniel
provided insights seem pointed...it's only that the
'church' has clouded or obscured or else glazed over
the Daniel interpetation of dreams & end-of-age drama

++whenever you get to the king of south & king of north
interplays & the 'marrying' between these two hostile
camps for political expediency...and so forth, then call me
up...hey, thanks anyways for the piece you did post!

enjoy your journey, s/riff raff

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Riff,

Thanks for your input, I will at some point during this Long Journey give MY Analysis on Daniels Vision. This is going to be a continous effort on my part, I will be going through The Seven Signs(Trumpets) individualy with Worldy Events and Figures. Seeing as the Qur'an's passages involving Black Wings of Death, and Al-Qaeda's latest message, the end could be looked at in 2 Religions.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by foolishbeing
but what do i know, according to scripture no one will know the day or time of "return"...

Not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, only the Father.

You are correct, The Bible talks about Birth Pains,the pain from giving birth gets stronger and stronger until the child is born(so I'm told by my Ex-Wife), you could argue that any point in time could be the last days. In recent years these signs have significantly increased in volume, from false prophets, earthquakes, pestilances,disease,famine, etc etc.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Trick: "you could argue that any point in time could be the last days. In recent years these signs have significantly increased in volume, from false prophets, earthquakes, pestilances,disease,famine, etc etc."

If you wish this is my two cents. The past 100 years or so has been the only time that these events have occurred on a global scale.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If you wish this is my two cents. The past 100 years or so has been the only time that these events have occurred on a global scale.

Agreed, I was just making a statement for arguements sake. I know someone at some point would say you could make a case for it during WWII, but yes they are on a huge global scale now.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was thinking WW1, the first global conflict, followed by the Flu epidemic that swept the world killing millions. Question about false prophets, would you also put scientists that disclaim god for some theory into the mix?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Question about false prophets, would you also put scientists that disclaim god for some theory into the mix?

I wouldn't. Being as that the False Prophets claim to be Christ or God, they wouldn't discredit them. Alot of scientists have warmed up to the idea now, I don't know if it started with the Bible Code or somewhere around it's discoverey. Since it was proven Mathematically(I know you can do it with some other books) maybe they jumped on it. Will try to find some info on it and edit this reply with it.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I dont see how you can get around Jesus telling the people on the mount that they would live to see the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The reason I put that out there is because a lot of theory, such as evolution, begs as much faith as any religion. Evolution, pretty much, says there is no god, there is no christ.

Amuk, could you help me out with the scripture you are refering to. I'm 20 years removed from my bible days, but I think that he was refering to the fall of Jerusalem, which happened some 45 years later.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Amuk, could you help me out with the scripture you are refering to. I'm 20 years removed from my bible days, but I think that he was refering to the fall of Jerusalem, which happened some 45 years later.

It was from the "sermon on the mount", I am not real sure the exact passage but I imagine you could google it

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Your take on your religion is quite something to behold.
Let me tell you what I have seen.
I have seen more Muslims killing their brothers because of their interpretation of the Holy Book. I have seen sects spring up within Islam where more hatred has been shown to their brothers than ever to Christians or Jews. I have seen a religion that should have been peaceful and enlightening hold a whole race of people in the dark and bar their way from progressing forward either physically or spiritually.
Islam will never rule the world. Muslims are too busy hating each other to have the time.

Get over it.

ET3

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Care to give that passage in Revelations where Daniel's image is?

Did Daniel write Revelations?

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ET3

Did Daniel write Revelations?

John wrote revelations because gave him the vision so that he could write about it.

Too Right the world is growing increasingly crapper. well observed! There will be more wars and rumours of wars and natural disasters and .... etc its all going down hill anyway that gives us courage that we are in/ or heading into the end times.

Daniel also had many visions which are very similar to johns.

Daniel 2 v31-49
He spoke about the statue and how the powerful nations were (babylon then greeks(maybe) then romans, Then an impure mix (us the bronze/clay) and God will destroy our culture at the bottem destroying the whole statue and build his own kingdom on earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The reason I put that out there is because a lot of theory, such as evolution, begs as much faith as any religion. Evolution, pretty much, says there is no god, there is no christ.

This is one of the best threads ive seen in a long time here.

I agree with most of it all, Apart from that rubbish that christians dont get persecuted, wtf they may not be persecuted in USA or britain or west europe but they are in many arab and asian countries.

Thats not a nice figure (156,000) christians dieing for what they believe. Thank God im not in those countries and thank god for the martyrs that keep christianity going in these dark places

ET3

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Beanie posted:
Daniel 2 v31-49
He spoke about the statue and how the powerful nations were (babylon then greeks(maybe) then romans, Then an impure mix (us the bronze/clay) and God will destroy our culture at the bottem destroying the whole statue and build his own kingdom on earth.

Oh for the minds of steel traps that mangle everything that gets in them. You may want to read those passages again, and the explanation given later on of who is who. Try reading it from the bible and not from religious literature.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join