It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the media in favor of John Mccain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It seems like the media was happy that John Mccain was in first now people are upset that they're tied. Why does the media have a conservative bias?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
It seems like the media was happy that John Mccain was in first now people are upset that they're tied. Why does the media have a conservative bias?

I don't think it is always this way...

I think Palintology ( read my signature,,, HE WAS THE FIRST TO SAY IT) at this point brings ratings and it will...

I think the media HAS made her this popular... It seems this has become in a very round about way - negative attention.

SADLY I think this election will not be about the issues. It is identity voting simply put-

I'm getting ready for BUSH 2 and then 3...

On another note if these two fail this time... I think thats the end of the GOP-

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The media owes John McCain BIG TIME. Do you remember that little bill called McCain-Feingold? Remember how it was supposed to be campaign finance reform? Guess what it actually did? It gave the media much more power over the elections. They owe him big time.

So, the McCain-Feingold limited how much money a single person can donate to only $2300. So that in itself limits the amount of money citizens can donate to a candidate. When you figure in inflation, which the bill does not do, the purchasing power of that $2300 also drops.

Now this was passed off as stopping big corporations from huge donations. But that isn't really the case. Because this is where the media comes in.

While the citizens are limited in what they can do, the media is able to report on these people 24 hours a day. They even have people come on and argue for the candidates - assuming the candidate is wanted. Meanwhile it costs huge amounts of money for another candidate to BUY advertising time and they are reduce to 30 second soundbites and they do not get 24/7 coverage with people arguing and spinning their views. The media is basically freely able to give away countless millions of dollars worth of exposure.

And the media pretty much decided who won the republican nominee. McCain had no visible support. His fundraising was so bad he was asking for federal funds - and broke his own law in the process when he got the nomination. He even had to take out loans. But they say - oh he's popular and thats what happens.

join