It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor: GOP may be downplaying Palin's religious beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Pastor: GOP may be downplaying Palin's religious beliefs

www.cnn.com

she hasn't talked much about her religion since joining the Republican ticket.

Palin's former pastor, Tim McGraw, says that like many Pentecostal churches, some members speak in tongues, although he says he's never seen Palin do so. Church member Caroline Spangler told CNN, "When the spirit comes on you, you utter things that nobody else can understand ... only God can understand what is coming out of our mouths."

Some Pentecostals from Assembly of God also believe in "faith healing"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Looks like the mainstream media is just beginning to address this subject. It is damage control from here on out!

She had been a member of the Penecostal church for more than 20 years. She still returns to the church for special conferences and events. In fact she attended an event as recently as last June.

This sect is also know for snake handling and their obsession with the end of the world. Pretty scary

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They better find a new angle fast, attacking Palin has done nothing but hurt them. This self destructive behavior must be out of control at the Obama headquarters level. Having all them bloggers on the payroll means having loose cannons everywhere. His poll numbers are tanking faster than the economy.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Wait I thought that it shouldn't matter what a candidate's religious beliefs are?

I guess that only applies to democrats.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Originally posted by wutone
Wait I thought that it shouldn't matter what a candidate's religious beliefs are?
I guess that only applies to democrats.

No, it only applies to ANY candidate that has "End of the World" coming soon fantasies.

And just for the record, that "talking in tongues" gibberish is just nonsense. Tell me, if it were a message directly from God or angels or whatever, why on earth would they make their message a garbled mess? Wouldn't said God want the message to be crystal clear for us dumb humans so we would "get it"?

I think anyone that talks in tongues is really suffering from a bout of "look at me, look at me!!" syndrome. All too convenient that no one else can understand it...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well I noticed that also, but as usual the media has gotten their hand on some of her old church preaching videos and to tell you the true they don't look very good, perhaps as a religious person but as a political figure it makes you wounder how much of her preaching be done now from the VP office if she and McCain win the elections.

I didn't like one of her videos been show on the news at all, while others just show good god fearing church worshiping some could be considered too fundamentalist for some.

We may be a Christian nation but no everybody belong to the same brand of church and the believes on how to worship is a matter of church denominations rules.

But then again every church in America preach to be the right and only god fearing church everybody else is considered the wrong chruch nomination.

No wonder religion like politics people can not come to terms in one goal.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yeah maybe "faith healing" will be part of the McCain/Palin healthcare platform...talk about cost cutting!!

I have no problem with religion but my god an end of times fanatic with her hand on button

top topics

join