It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's training program described as 'Big Brother'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was surfing the net when I came upon this article which is rather disturbing. It appears Barack Obama has notions of creating his own Civilian Security Force that will be as well funded and equipped as our Army, Marine, Navy, and Air force combined.

It's targeted population is our youths between the ages of 18-30. They are typically the most impressionable members of society. "Critic says plan would herd 'American youth into government-funded re-education camps".

Tie this in with his plans for Mandatory Community Service, and his involvement with Acorn, and the picture starts looking a little scary.

I don't care how die hard of an Obama fan you might be, surely you can't see this as a "good thing"?

The tax-funded Chicago organization cited as a probable model for programs to integrate youth into the social and political world under an Obama tenure in the White House is the epitome of "Big Brother" that shovels impressionable youth through a course of brainwashing, according to critics.

The organization is called Public Allies and Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of directors in 1992. He later resigned and his wife became executive director of the group.

According to an editorial in Investor's Business Daily, Obama plans to use the non-profit, which is funded partly by the federal government and is featured on Obama's campaign website, as the model for a national service corps, called the "Universal Voluntary Public Service."

WND reported earlier when Obama asserted in a Colorado Springs speech that the U.S. needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the half-trillion dollar Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force.

Full Article

[edit on 8-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
ITie this in with his plans for Mandatory Community Service, and his involvement with Acorn, and the picture starts looking a little scary.

A 'little' scary?? I say a whole lot scary!! ACORN is as corrupt as the day is long. And the mandatory community service is slavery. Being forced to work by the state - that's state sponsored slave labor.

edited immediately to fix a word

[edit on 9/8/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It seems like to me Barack is trying to organize himself into a dictator with his own personal army, with us as his free labor force. This guy gets scarier by the day! Imagine what will happen if he loses the election...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
and McCain is no better either. You can guarantee that similar things, will happen no matter who is the president. We are approaching a check mate situation.

No matter what happens we will need to adapt.

I figure it could be advantageous for people who love what america originally stood for to join these groups if they come to fruition. Remain silent and always remember that sometimes sacrifice is necessary for the long run.

1984, the book, was also like a survival guide if you catch my drift.

stay strong

join