It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola Recalls Dasani UK Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
interesting that we just had a post about dasani in the UK, now they're recalling it.
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040319/bs_nm/food_coke_dasani_dc_5

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, it looks like their quality control faltered. I won't defend them this time. Except for a few little tid-bits that I'll put below.

Coca-Cola, which launched Dasani in Britain in January, was recently criticized after disclosing that the British version of Dasani was in fact treated and purified tap water -- a practice not uncommon in the bottled-water industry. Blah, 90% of so-called spring water isn't really spring water. Also, many sources of spring water usually have high contaminants in them, such as arsenic. What Coca Cola is doing with Dasani is actually a good thing. They are getting rid of all contaminants in a source of water and then adding back essential nutrients that your body uses.

"This could damage Coke's ability to relaunch Dasani in the U.K. as Nestle and other players will likely take the opportunity to remind consumers that they are selling spring water vs. the purified 'tap' water Coke is selling..." Morgan Stanley's Bill Pecoriello said in a research note on Friday. Again, as I said before, at least they aren't lying about it - its filtered using reverse osmosis and then nutrients are added back to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
To me personally, Dasani is the best tasting bottled-water I've come across. I'm telling you, it's a conspiracy.. they just want ME to suffer, so they're doing it to remove Dasani totally so I don't get to drink it anymore. They're all out to get me...

Although, I did have certain doubts. I thought that since such a HUGE mega-company like Coca Cola is bottling water, there may be some "catch" to this... that they are probably not totally sincere about what is IN this water.

The same way that all those flu shots seem to do more harm than good, with the extra chemicals in them. Interesting...
The issue here, is that mega-corporations are linked to governments at the highest levels, and it's really difficult to say just WHAT kind of "projects" they are involved with, and how deep this rabbit hole goes anyway.
Let's start with Enron.. then jump over to the oil companies... and finish up with soft drinks...

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Bottled water is one of the biggest scams encounted by consumers.
I swore to myself as a kid years ago before bottled water was sold that if it ever was, I would never buy any.

A worthy investment: a filter on ur outlets at home would be sufficient.

Just think of how much money those pricks are making off everyone who is gullible enough to think its healthier for u than filtered water when all it is is filtered water itself!

Just think about it for a few seconds. Soon oxygen will be sold to everyday consumers. Woops! Already is in cafes in the U.S.
Mmmmmm....PerriAire The quick pick-me-up

top topics

join