It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I tell atheist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Something had to of just been here. It is just as easy to say God was just here as it is to say a bang just happened. I happen to believe in God. This is what I explain to atheist if the subject of God ever comes up.

Let's say you as an atheist is right. What will happen to both of us when we die? We just become worm food.

Let's say I'm right as a Christian. What happens to both of us when we die?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yes, let's play devil's advocate and assume you as a christian are right. So when we die only a small percentage will go to heaven, and take great pleasure in watching all the sinners (unrepentant family members/friends/those of other religions) burn below
my idea of eternal paradise.

Then we can all hold hands and stand in a circle in our white gowns and sing a song about how great the old bearded dude is.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdrielGreystone
Something had to of just been here. It is just as easy to say God was just here as it is to say a bang just happened. I happen to believe in God. This is what I explain to atheist if the subject of God ever comes up.

Let's say you as an atheist is right. What will happen to both of us when we die? We just become worm food.

we just become worm food.

eccl 9:5,10

then we both get resurrected

acts 24:15

[edit on 8-9-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

What if the Muslims are the ones that are right? What will happen to you then?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Something had to of just been here.

Why?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What do i want when i die?Just peace.Thats it.Peace.To me not exisiting anymore when i die sounds like bliss.Keep your eternal damnation, keep your eternal praise and worship in heaven just give me rest.

R.I.P Azador

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Your argument is called "Pascal wager" and has been debunked many times.

en.wikipedia.org...

Christianity may have a large number of adherents, but all other religions plus the seculars dwarf that number. Would one have had to adhere to all of them to ensure his everlasting ever?

Pascal's wager fails to tell us which god is likely to be the right one, you have a great probability that you picked the wrong religion and go to some other religion's version of hell. This is referred to as the "avoiding the wrong hell problem"

Besides, the process of belief is not a bet, not based on hope for reward or fear of punishment. Normally you believe in something your senses tells you is likely to be true.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
To the (annynomous) Ahole, I mean ats poster with his post full of arrogance (white bearded dude)

Look, that bearded dude created every creature alive and loves them way more then any earthy mother can alive. But (love) is something you probably don't want any of?

Eevry creature will be led to conversion who is faithful and searching. Scripture and saints say alot of souls will convert in the end times and alot who are in other faiths will be led to the faith.

I am an example who didn't grow up christian and didn't know who christ was unti,l I was 20. i'm only 27 now. And they way god led me to believe Christ was unreal, could of been any religion but it wasn't.

God reads hearts and no, I said (no) sincere good soul will be in hell, only evil people who call God a bearded dude. I'm teasin, your not evil, but your cockiness sucks you know what.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
as for the original poster, you as can be seen in your post have alot of sincerity. Why can't athiest stop the damn (damnation syndrome) try thinking positive sometimes.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
sorry for the ahole comment, please forgive me mods. My brothe in real life sometimes says cocky things about God too, he's not too religious at all, but we still get along good, but I call him an ahole many times because instead of trying to understand he uses that cockiness.

sorry anynomous, I didn't mean that.

new topics

top topics

join