It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

visions of the future (just for fun)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
so what do you guys invisage the future to be like or what could you imagine it to be?
both short and long term, will the world end in 2012? after hundreds of years of cold war style confrontation between russia, america and the middle east the nuclear war to end all wars breaks out.
or maybe we will just end up in a dystopian society where the need for politics is erased to be replaced by a select group of individuals who have total control.

remember, only for fun, or even to just air your view.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Since there are so very many factors that could play into where we wind up, I see so very many outcomes...

But I did write a story about one possible direction we could take. Read it here if you are interested in doing so:

www.frontsoft.com...

I would recount it, but it is nearly novella size in length, and I don't think I could do it justice.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I envision my future as me having five million dollars and running away from the world in a save haven on 2012 december 21st. hopefully.

I envision the future of earth as this,

Gas prices for the USA are going to be as much as or more than Europe.

I believe the USA will be setup against from another #ry and will be at WWIII. This is ovious. Russia is already ticked off from the USA getting in there way, and the USA doesnt mind world control and a failing enconomy.

We all should be blessed enough to enjoy this for now, because it was get much worse.

Talk and share about your freedom in the future, you may get lucky to share or honored to be bashed in the face.

I apologize if anyone is an intense spiritual postive person, however it is required to shift to your reality.

I will give it not even 20 years before the freedom of the USA is taken away by its own governmnt or forced away by another governmnt..

As for the intensive future, wich i wont give past 200 years due to natural or global warming changes.

*Fact* Global warming is real and ice is melting. Ask the polar bears where they will be in the future.

Can man and the entire civilization stop it? Yes, but the world is full of greed, power, lust.

*Fact* Alot of cars can be solar powered, water fueled and many other inventions have been invented, but they are extremelty priced or either sued to stop the production thereof to encourage oil production and its greed.

*Fact, science and man has invented world changing technology to better the earth- ask yourself - where did this technology go?

[edit on 7-9-2008 by DivineLaw_Blasphemy]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Perhaps you could post ur own views OP, just for fun;

Being positive, flying cars? hand size computer's everywhere? Bad weather? Funny looking dome buildings?

I think Men will land on Mars as part of project constellation, maybe 2025 or so, I would look forward to watching it on telly.

I would like to think we will overcome the various challenges ahead, I think the only real threat to our current global civilisation is those pesky thousands of nuclear warheads, hopefully we will all get rid of them in the future (+- a few!)

I like to hope we will weather various other large scale disasters.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wormholes and lots of other planets for us to go to, with mad natural creatures that have wicked meat, and trees like you've never seen before which grow lovely fruit, and fish that taste like beef.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Since there are so very many factors that could play into where we wind up, I see so very many outcomes...

But I did write a story about one possible direction we could take. Read it here if you are interested in doing so:

www.frontsoft.com...

I would recount it, but it is nearly novella size in length, and I don't think I could do it justice.

hey nice story ,you have a worthy imagination!

i envisage the future as being ruled by godlike ai's who believe they have the right to control the world as they wish ,for they beleive themselves to be superior in thought and action.

free will is a thing of the past for the god ai's see life and its minds as nothing but systems of matter to manipulate towards thier own personal visions and belief systems.

think big brother x million.

on another note,it looks like everthings turned gray on ats

[edit on 7-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Many thanks.

The fact that free energy DOES exist and the fact that money (the love of which is the root of all evil) is an accounting of the finite quantity of energy we have available in this current system led me to that story.

The Elite have this free energy but will not give it to us; they know that to give it to us means the end of their "ownership" of us.

As for your vision...heh. It sounds like how things are now.

Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stringue
Perhaps you could post ur own views OP, just for fun;

certainly. there are of course so many factors that could affect the way in which we could progress as a planet and race. but here is one direction.

personally i believe that in the not too distant future a cold war will break out, basically involving russia and america as the key players (britain tagging along as they always do). this cold war will become so intense that inevitably the entire world will be forced to choose a side, i'm guessing the middle east and eastern europe on one side, central europe and the americas on the other. and seeing as though USA sees themselves as the boss of the world and russia has very totalitarian communist beliefs this is a possibility.

i see this stalemate going on for a good century or two, how it will end? i really dont know, nuclear war is out of the question as both sides are as powerful as each other and this would plunge the world into nuclear winter.

on the plus side, no more george bush or gordan brown
happy days.

new topics

top topics

join