It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Navy shoots at Gaza fishermen and international volunteers(Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

GAZA: 1st September 2008, the first day of Ramadan, several volunteers with the Free Gaza Movement and the International Solidarity Movement accompanied a small fleet of seven fishing vessels from Gaza City port. The fishermen exercised their right to fish in Gazan territorial waters, providing them with a livelihood and food for the besieged people of Gaza. The fishing fleet reached approximately nine miles offshore and began trawling along the Gazan coast, well within international limits. Usually the Israeli Navy prevents Gazan fishing vessels from accessing beyond six miles and in many cases only three miles by attacking the boats, sometimes lethally, or by arresting the fishermen. However, this day's fishing resulted in a highly successful catch due to the ability to access richer fishing grounds further offshore.

Two Israeli Naval gunboats approached the fleet soon after leaving port and began firing "warning shots" shortly afterwards. They were aware that internationals were on some of the boats. The Israeli Navy continued shooting multiple times at the fishing vessels, one of which was fired upon at least seven times. They also deployed explosive charges in the water and attempted to de-stabilise some of the boats by creating a strong wake. Communication was established with the Israeli Navy via VHF radio, informing them that everyone onboard were unarmed civilians and requesting that the Israeli Navy stop shooting.

The volunteers will continue to join Gazan fishing expeditions on a regular basis and will monitor Israeli aggressions towards the fishermen. Video and written documentation will be posted publicly and made available to journalists. The Israeli Navy will not be informed as to when the volunteers will join the fishermen, nor the ports they will sail from, since this is not within their jurisdiction. Also no indication will be made as to which vessels have internationals onboard.

This is disgusting, This is why the world hates isreal
Peacefull volenteers fired upon by a military vessel, What type of freaking danger did a few rusty old fishing boats pose?
And i bet if they took out the boats , the isrealis would of said "they came speeding towards us , we had to fire upon them"
Bet the navy didnt expect them to video taping
This really pisses me off what right have they to shoot at boats in waters that they are fine to be there.The only solice i find in this is that the people going with the gaza fishing boats are not going to stop even after this
I commend their bravery , for the next time i doubt there will be warning shots ,

[edit on 7-9-2008 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can't say as I am surprised by this. Same old bully boy tactics and complete disregard for human life as is ALWAYS shown towards the 'lesser people' by the Israeli military. Utterly disgraceful.

But hey, if theres a Palestinian on board it MUST be a terrorist operation right? We'll now no doubt see Israeli apologists and zionists come in and try to justify this. Watch this space.

I can't wait till the Israelis grow the balls to mess with someone capable of handing their arses to them.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That's just wrong. It is disgusting. We should quit giving them aid and even put in sanctions. They are terrorizing the open sea. Completely shameful.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Can you imagine what would of happend if there were no volunteers on the boats?
There would be a few more dead palestinian sons and father and no one would of even knew it took place , the boats and crew would just be reported missing or sunk
And can you imagine how times this HAS happend and how many palestinian people have been killed fishing in waters it was legal for them to be there

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Now i know i am going to take a lot of fire, but i just want to point out - Israel is blocading Gaza, from the sea too. It is not new, and i am not going to discuss if it is justified or not - since i do not want weapons entering Gaza however they enter through other ways, and not a lot weapons were caught in sea. I do not know if there is some sence in it or it is just a pressure measure.
Few examples when it was caught in the sea:

The Israeli navy intercepted and seized more than half a ton of high-grade explosives that a Palestinian fishing boat was attempting to bring in to Gaza from nearby Egypt, the Israeli military said Tuesday.

www.iht.com...

Israeli naval commandos seized a fishing boat from Lebanon carrying Hezbollah operatives and loaded with rocket fuses, electronic bombmaking devices and instructions on putting together explosives belts for suicide bombings, according to Israeli newspapers.

worldnetdaily.com...
But those people sailing are aware of blocade. It is their right to protest against it, especially if they do nothing wrong. But blocade is a declared and known-for-all fact for lot of time, since second intifada broke out. So this deep-sea sailing was done to gain attention - again,nothing wrong with it - those people are suffering. But to say - hay ,blood thirsty Israelis only want to kill is funny. Nobody was killed. And this kind of things happen very often. Relatively few casualties, tragedy in each case - but it is armed conflict.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Israel is not only apartheid nation, but its treatment proves that they think of palestinians as goyim

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
guys Israel is just ensuring that the people dont get any fish
they could be used as weapons

has anyone seen a fish being thrown at a tank or solider?
the oil could make them slip and hurt them selves or get a bruise?

Israel is protecting its small country from the threat of anillalation
these people thats it caged up like animals (kind of reminds me of how nazis rounded up Jews and caged them up)

think of all the things fish can be used for

fishing boat destroyed, thats a pottential terrist group killed

Israel is nazi germany of the 21st centuray
and like the nazis it will always have support from other countries
untill people see past its sharade.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE

Interesting video, but you seem to be missing the point that Israel has a right to defend itself. Thus, I can only assume that you are an anti-semite with possible ties to terrorist organizations hell-bent on spreading vicious propaganda. There, I said it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

And with predictable punctuality, in comes the "YOU'RE AN ANTI SEMITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111" accusation.

It's a bit like the whole race card thing...

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Terran Blue]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

mmm...sarcasm, dear.

Most people know their dearest plucky's positions and leanings. I abhor violence. I abhor the devil/Cheney. Is that so difficult to see? No one is that ignorant (as my previous post illustrates) except for Fox News.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Forgive me then Plucky... sarcasm is sometimes hard to spot on this subject, because some people DO think just what you said

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
double posted weirdnessisms

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Terran Blue]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Row, row, row your boat...

Gently down the on topic stream...

Merrily, merrily, merrily... Civil discussion on ATS is our dream...

new topics

top topics

join