It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real MIB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you turn to Google in an attempt to research the topic of the mysterious MIB's you will likely get tons of links to information about the 1997 Will Smith movie. This is a puzzle to me because the movie is now more than ten years old and you would expect that after all this time the attention this movie would garner on the Internet would be pretty much limited to the Internet Movie Database site (www.imdb.com). Not so though and this is a clue to a possible coverup.
Now, why do I say this? Again, if you go to Google and search "Titanic" you will get one or two links to sites that feature the motion picture "Titanic" along with a respectable number of links to sites featuring the ship itself. You would think that the film "Titanic" which won numerous Academy awards would certainly be as dominant in the top search engine listings as the film "MIB", but it isnt! Almost everything that you can research on the topic of MIB's is related to the entertaining Barry Sonnenfeld film or to Will Smith himself, why?
It could be that this is the method that the powers-that-be use to divert attention away from what they don't want us to see. In other words the degree in which honest research data is diluted or obviscated by a dense fog of heavily promoted Hollywood fluff is evidence that maybe something is going on. This is how coverups are done. Not by eliminating a story but by diluting it with a blizzard of manufactured misinformation.
If you want to discredit a story the most effective way would be to have Hollywood concoct a story "based on real events". Sprinkle in enough real facts to make the story plausible and at the same time cause confusion with the real story, then ficionalize the whole account of the narrative so that no reasonable person will swollow EITHER story. So, is this what happened? I cannot say for sure, but I can say that any serious MIB researcher is going to have a devil of a time getting good, credible information on the Internet about MIB's thanks to the movie.
For the record the real Men In Black have a long history that dates back to the mid-1940's in almost every country on earth. Aside from the archetypal black suits and sunglasses, Men in Black are often described by witnesses as wearing clothing either radically out-of-style or not currently in style. They seem to drive around in long, black antiquated or vintage automobiles that seem to the observer to be shiny and new. These cars are even supposed to "smell new". Reports of Cadillacs sporting big '60's era tail fins are not uncommon.
The MIB. are always impeccably dressed, always in what appears to be brand new clothes consisting of black suit, white shirt, black ties and black, shoes, which appear to be a perfect fit. Their hair is jet black and shiny and their skin is said to be without blemish. The MIB are said to have a dark possibly oriental, or eastern european look to them. Some are pasty white with the appearance of the use of red lipstick. They are also said to have expressionless faces and their movements sometimes appear to be robotic, by people that have been interviewed by them. MIBs tend to speak in a monotonous, mechanical tone, often with a strange accent.
Witnesses have reported that their sentence construction and choice of words was very peculiar. They have no facial hair including being bald and no eyebrows. They wear their trademark black coat with black tie and have a whiter than white shirt.

Typical encounter

MIBs, traveling in groups of up to three, usually visit recent UFO witnesses and warn them not to report their encounter. They often claim to represent some government agency (which invariably proves to be false) and briefly flash official-looking IDs. Those visited by MIB often feel ill afterward, sometimes for days. Men in Black always seem to have detailed information on the persons they contact, as if the individual had been under surveillance for a prolonged amount of time. They will also seemingly be confused by the nature of everyday items, such as pens, eating utensils or food, and use outdated slang.

Throughout many of the MIB reports studied none of the MIB license plates are ever traceable, and many never existed in the first place - what are the chances of making up a plate number and it being the only one in existence?

The behavior of Men in Black wildly varies from individual to individual, however. They will either act as if they are from an agency trying to collect data about the unexplained phenomena their subject has seen, they are said to use instruments to wipe the memory of their subjects clean (significant part of the MIB movie) or they seem to be trying to suppress information, trying to convince their subject the phenomena never existed. Rarely, if ever do the threats of the mysterious Men In Black, following a close encounter, come to anything.

MIB encounters, as one might expect, are actually quite rare. Roughly forty cases in all have been "documented." An MIB was sighted in the lobby of the U.S. State Department building once and reportedly left a mysterious artifact.

And why was this not in the movie?

Appearance
Often described as having olive complexions with Asian or Gypsy- like features. Eyes are often described as strange, sometimes glowing.

Clothing
New black suits, black hats and sun glasses. Clothing is sometimes described as being made from a strange material.

Speech
MIBs tend to speak in a monotonous, mechanical tone, often with a strange accent. Witnesses have reported that their sentence construction and choice of words was peculiar.

Typical encounter
MIBs , traveling in groups of up to three, usually visit recent UFO witnesses and warn them not to report their encounter. They often claim to represent some government agency (which invariably proves to be false) and briefly flash official-looking ID. Those visited by MIB often feel ill afterward, sometimes for days.

The term Men in Black (MIB), in popular culture, is used in UFO conspiracy theories to describe men dressed in black suits claiming to be government agents who attempt to harass or threaten UFO witnesses into silence. According to UFO historian Jerome Clark, "All MIB are not necessarily garbed in dark suits. The term is a generic one, used to refer to any unusual, threatening or strangely behaved individual whose appearance on the scene can be linked in some fashion with a UFO sighting." [1]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
lol no star or flag for effort?

ive noticed that this subject hasnt been really touched in other threads as well.
but this idea of the coverup has never been said

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

A question...

You quoted from an external source; what's the source?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is a joke right?!? The Titanic was a real ship that sank. Of course Google will show the real ship above the movie. MIB was the name of a movie, nothing more. Seriously, people need to give some thought to their conspiracy theorys before making them...

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

Sorry, Wiki is not a credible source....

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
^^What did that have to do with the MIB?^^

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The real MIB are the NSA , they drive KOOL old black suped up low riding autos . They have neat planes that can launch them , they aernt allowe in kanata or eatern allaince but they saunter thru occasionally whihc is not suprising considering they are probably allowed while they are looking for amerikan terroirsts . No longer is this allowed , we have the NSAC here thanks enjoy .

The klingons are returning in 2015 , you can probably use them again to travel thru time and make your country seem big yanks . They used to work with your US navy seals i think . Just leave us alone in Canada yankee doddle dandee .

Like the Blue Angles and the Thunderbirds , your strike eagle demo squads ? Those are CF planes guys thank us later someday hey boyz ....

Jeesh ?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Check out my story in an old thread. It was the 1st one I came to, so I posted my story on it concerning MIB's. Thread, Men In Black ( not the movie) page 1.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
cheak out this interview with Dan Aykroyd its very intresting to this subject. its an 8 parter but worth watching to those who havent seen it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDyWZmMtqg

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjetbone
MIB encounters, as one might expect, are actually quite rare. Roughly forty cases in all have been "documented." An MIB was sighted in the lobby of the U.S. State Department building once and reportedly left a mysterious artifact.

That's interesting. Do you have a source for that?

I haven't heard about real MIB cases for years, now that I come to think of it... they seem like a period piece somehow, locked in the seventies.

Is it possible that the movie put the real MIB out of business?

I have to say I enjoyed the movies as entertainment but never really discussed the real-life versions with anyone. It's funny that in the movie they talk about The National Enquirer being a credible source: I recently came across information (no, can't remember where, sorry) that in fact the CIA did indeed use contacts to realease true but bizarre UFO stories through that paper.

Oh for those bitching about sources, go and read a book for heaven's sake. You could start with John Keel's Operation Trojan Horse which covers the subject extensively.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tjetbone

you want a star or flag for something that really isn't that good?It wasn't really that good.It was just some conspiracy about a movie.Wow

new topics

top topics

join