It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Silence is Defeaning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Watch how Biden points out the Republican silence on jobs, schools, healthcare and environment.
The issues that MATTER! A very good speech.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
One of the things I found most odd about the RNC was that they didn't talk much about the number one issue concerning most Americans, The economy. Mostly what I heard was a bunch of Obama bashing, which is ok, but they could have talked alot more about the issues.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Uniceft17]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Nice speech. Too bad it is patently false. McCain spoke about education, saying that the parents, not the gov't, should decide which school their kids go to.

Besides, neither Biden nor Obama spoke of those things, either. That is not what acceptance speeches are for.

Biden speaks of "the last eight years of failure". Watch out, Joe...the "Do Nothing Congress" is responsible for that. You know which one I mean...the Democrat controlled Congress, that has a 9% approval rating. The one you are part of.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
Mostly what I heard was a bunch of Obama bashing,

obama acceptance speech 1/3 of the Obama acceptance speech was McCain/McCain policy bashing. Yes, it has been timed. One third. So when Obama complains that McCain didn't discuss issues, but instead bashed him, then Obama is just being a whiney baby.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What I find interesting is how the media kept wringing their hands that the democrats weren't attacking Bush and Republicans enough. Than they got all offended when Republicans attacked Obama in their convention. Another example of the total bias we have to deal with.

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceding post removed, reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 6/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you would have quoted me three words more, then you would have heard me say that it was just fine and to be expected. So, no whining here. And I wasn't speaking specifically about McCain, I was speanking about the whole GOP convention as a whole, they could have atleast took responsiblity for the economic crisis we are in and said they were going to fix it, but what we heard least of is economic policys.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Uniceft17]

Mod Edit: Full post quote removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 6/9/08 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Nice Catch Oracle!
It seems the repugs are scared to talk about the issues.....Wonder why?
Can't wait for the debates!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Not only did they not talk about what their plans are, but their VP candidate seems to be in hiding unless she's protected by John McCain. The silence from her is deafening. I really wonder why...

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You and others here must have watched a different speech than the rest of the country did.

McCain discussed choice for education, choice for health care, energy independence, national defense and other issues. I would have to say that after watching both speeches, I think Obama spent more time bashing and less time discussing policy than McCain did.

I can’t blame him though. On issues alone, Obama loses big-time.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The silence from Congress is the most deafening sound I have heard in the last 2 years.

The sad part is that the top two plus 1 VP are from the Senate.

All I keep hearing is wait till I become President, wait till I become President....

I will fix everything........funniest thing I have ever heard..

Guess our problems aren't bad enough for either party. We have been waiting ever since this whole Presidential thing kicked off for them to help us but all we get is wait till I become President......

If it was serious enough, which it is, there asses would be in Congress trying to pass legislation to help this economy.

The Democratic led Congress refuses to tackle these problems because they know it will help their candidate if things continue to get worse.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes, McCain said the words "education and health care", but didn't say HOW he was going to accomplish anything. He said stuff like:

"We need to shake up failed school bureaucracies with competition, empower parents with choice."

Uh, okay. How do you do that? He didn't say. Most of his speech was general, superficial talking points.

"My health care plan will make it easier for more Americans to find and keep good health care insurance. "

Okay, cool. HOW? *crickets*

RNC Speech

Here is HOW Obama will address education"

I'll invest in early childhood education. I'll recruit an army of new teachers, and pay them higher salaries and give them more support. And in exchange, I'll ask for higher standards and more accountability. And we will keep our promise to every young American - if you commit to serving your community or your country, we will make sure you can afford a college education.

And health care:

Now, many of these plans will cost money, which is why I've laid out how I'll pay for every dime - by closing corporate loopholes and tax havens that don't help America grow. But I will also go through the federal budget, line by line, eliminating programs that no longer work and making the ones we do need work better and cost less - because we cannot meet twenty-first century challenges with a twentieth century bureaucracy.

DNC Speech

THAT'S what I mean when I say they didn't address their plans. It was all fluff, no substance.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Has NO ONE heard of this saying before? No one? It's a classic line.

Something along the lines of...

A detective talking to a group of people, all covered with blood, all holding knives while standing over the body of a woman who was stabbed to death.
"Does anyone here know who killed this woman?"
No response.
"Your silence is deafening."

Not the best example, but I'm not a writer. Gah you Neocons need to stop watching Fox BS. Scotty Boy even said that the White House sends Fox BS memos telling them what to report and how to report it. That I'm pretty sure is what Hitler did, control the media. Just like Palin tried to ban books, another thing Hitler did. And the GOP is a group of racist bigots, just like Hitler and the NAZIs. Not to mention the 3.2million dollars from Prescott Bush...

top topics

join