It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Did Not Sell That Jet On EBay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sarah Palin Did Not Sell That Jet On EBay

www.radaronline.com

"I came to office promising major ethics reform to end the culture of self-dealing, and today that ethics reform is the law. While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the Governor's Office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for. That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay," she said.

Of course, Palin never mentioned that though she did list the jet on eBay, she didn't sell it on eBay.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A white lie perhaps but just more insight to what type of candidate we are dealing with in terms of ethics and manipulation.

I put it on Ebay is a cynical ploy to come off as spunky hockey mom and never mind the actual truth.

Palin does not seem to realize that people are going to check her facts now regardless if she is a cute and spunky right wing extremist!!

www.radaronline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Theres nothing here that I can see that it is a lie. She put it up on ebay. She never said she successfully sold it.

"I came to office promising major ethics reform to end the culture of self-dealing, and today that ethics reform is the law. While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the Governor's Office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for. That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay," she said.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

A white lie perhaps but just more insight to what type of candidate we are dealing with in terms of ethics and manipulation.

I put it on Ebay is a cynical ploy to come off as spunky hockey mom and never mind the actual truth.
She didn't lie, she said she put it on eBay, not that she sold it on eBay. Pay attention. Talk about non-issues..

Palin does not seem to realize that people are going to check her facts now regardless if she is cute and spunky right wing extremist!!
Do you have some problem with the way she looks? I guess that's another one of your ground breaking newsflashes as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Exactly. So why mention it? Of course, it's to trick the ignorant into thinking she sold it on Ebay. But, you're right she only listed it. Definitely didn't lie there. At least we didn't fall for it. Good one.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What the hell? I seen that last night on Tv. I just took it as a joke. Was it not? What are you blithering on about

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
At least she didn't say she was on ebays banking committee or some equally asinine claim such as that.
Right?
But thanks for posting that, I did not know it didn't sell.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe she skirted around it by never actually saying she sold it on ebay, but that is the message that came across.

However, McCain gave a speech today (Friday) where he said that she did indeed "sell it on ebay and made a profit"

I'm looking for his exact quite, but haven't found the transcript as of yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Who cares??? If you are going to look at Sarah then look at Joe Biden's brother who milked billions from investors and is going to the big house? Then look at Barak and his buddy Resko.. The Democrats are in trouble, they know it, they stink when compared to Palin and it shows. Otherwise they wouldn't be posting this crap and looking for anything and everything that doesn't matter...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is 'breaking alternative news' and I fail to see how the fact that she said it was put on ebay and it didn't sell means anything to anyone.

Unless one is fearful that Palin may be the biggest factor that keeps Obama out of office.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GrndLkNatv

What position is Bidens' brother running for? I definitely won't vote for him then. Keep us updated on what happens to him.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What a strange thing to mislead people about. If she would have just said that she sold the plane without mentioning eBay there would be no issue and she would have made a pure symbolic gesture. I would imagine she probably just didn't have her facts straight.

Ps. That was pretty funny Comte.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Biden is a slick willy himself, Barak has never enforced a law in his life and associates with loads of people who break the law.. Barak and Biden are both the first to offer you the shirt off someone else's back...

Either way they are both stuff suits, looking to be defeated....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Posting it on Ebay was a real time/real world solution to an issue any number of us have dealt with.

Who doesn't have stuff they don't need? Who hasn't sold something on Ebay? She is just like us. Is there another govener in the Union that has exemplified such common sense real world solutions? When that didn't work she then found another solution.

Isn't that what we're looking for?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's all about having good "talking points" - the far right types love making deceptive claims like this that are "not quite" lies.

Actually, she tried to sell it on eBay three times IIRC, failed, and finally sold it through a private broker at a $600,000 loss - way to save the taxpayers' money

It's the same as the "fiscal conservatism" that left her tiny town $20 mil. in debt, and her vigorous lobbying for federal earmarks

"Truthiness" - it doesn't matter if anything they say is true, it's how much it sounds true... that's the way these folks think.

They think we're all suckers that were born yesterday.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
...Actually, she tried to sell it on eBay three times IIRC, failed, and finally sold it through a private broker at a $600,000 loss - way to save the taxpayers' money

She turned a $2.7 mil loss into a $.6 and that's not good enough for you? Fixing a bad deal the previous boss made often costs the current administration...I think she did great job downsizing the needless tax payer support.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Real question to be asked is, did she sell it after it failed to sell on eBay?

Answer: Yes.

So the libs are all up in arms over what?

I think you ought to go back to criticizing Palin's and McCain's choice of colors they're wearing. Now that was hilarious!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

And Bill "Never Inhaled"

And Bill "Never had sexual relations with_______" (Insert name of choice)

And Al Gore "Invented the Internet"

oh yeah...

And Obama Loves America

[edit on 5-9-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Ah, the musings of a left wing extremist…lie and attack, lie and attack, lie and attack!

We ought to melt you people down and use you for windows. That’s how transparent you are!

Where did he lie? Liquid if you are going to call someone a liar you had better show some proof.

We're better than that here on ATS. I would hope we are anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join