It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Fructose Corn Syrup Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

GADS! It's bad enough they put fluoride in the water, but using INFANTS as an ingredient is absolutely deplorable. When will they stop?

Seriously though, thanks for posting this. Someone should make a rebuttal ad, containing real info.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

....The same goes for non-flourinated water. A proven brain inhibitor.

dariousg,

What do you mean by this? Do you mean non-fluorinated water is a brain inhibitor?

Thanks!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by holyTerror]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

OMG! They had the nerve .....

lmao @ this one. Not only is it corny but it's false advertising.
There is nothing safe about that stuff, my body still has a very hard time if anything I eat has it in it.

that was amusing on a very twisted level though

"It's made from corn, has the same level of calories as sweet sugar, and is fine in moderation"

I don't see that as false advertising. I see it as tricking all the morons who won't see that the add is essentially justifying all the negative comments about it lol..

The fact that they had to make a commercial about it is pretty damn funny though

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You can ask for all the studies you like, but the wisest option in my opinion is to not consume something until it has been proven safe, rather than, as most americans do, to continue to consume stuff until some friendly multi billionare with no vested interest decides to put forth the money to show scientifically that the stuff industry is selling you is bad. Unfortunately, the body that is supposed to do that, the FDA, lets all the testing be done by the people trying to sell you the garbage....not the most scientific method to attain unbiased studies in my book.
It seems to me, that if you look at every animal in the world, the majority make their main diet up of one of two things....meat, and vegetation. Therefore, seems to me, that we, as human animals, are also meant to most likely make our total diet up of clean, UNrefined, Unprocessed, meat and vegetables. Sadly the majority if americans eat a diet that is mostly contrived and processed, and far from the nutrient rich and toxin free meat and veggies that they are supposed to be nurtured by, this includes bleached and refined flour, sugar, all the processed meats, sodas, sugary snacks, chips, etc. To me it is quite obvious that this is the reason for the massive amounts of obesity, arthritis, hypothyroidism, asthma, allergies, heart disease, and cancer rampant in our society, not to mention the organic psychological issues such as depression, lethargy, add, adhd, autism, etc. All these diseases are lifestyle disease, and most human ailments start in the digestive tract, and can be remedied with proper nutrition, but as we have no reference for a "healthy" person, as it is almost becoming a myth in our society, we think such diseases are a normal part of everyones life, and need to be suppressed with more toxic drugs, rather than by finding and acknowleding the CAUSE of the illness, and making dramatic lifestyle changes.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well as with everything we stuff our selfs with, is bad for the health in one way or another.
But, this goes for everything, you can eat most of the "bad" things, but in proper amounts.

Same goes for all the sweetners used (sucralos, aspartame Accesulfam K) They are usually OK, in the right amount.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The corn syrup is made from GMO corn. That could be a problem because Monsanto convinced the FDA testing on GMO crops was not required.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i disagree. I often get that response, but that is a lazy persons response, typical american. The fact is we CHOOSE to surround ourselves with things that are toxic and dirty. There IS fresh, clean meat, and fresh clean veggies, and fresh clean water available, but that is not the life that most americans want. They want constant inundation of the senses. We are addicted to our constant overstimulation, so we imagine that life does not exist without it. Its not that these things need to be totally gone from use or consumption, but rather that most americans make the MAJORITY of their diet from these things, and have a minority of clean fresh intake, if any at all.
This is also the main reason that natural medicine has trouble getting a strong foothold here. Most americans are so lazy that they want to take no responsibility for their health, or for LEARNING health eating habits and healthy living habits. When they are sick, and most doctors will back me up on this, most americans just want to take a pill to cover symptoms, and go on with the destructive behaviours that led them to the crisis. Diabetes, for instance, is quite reversable if cought early, and with aggressive lifestyle changes....changes in fact to the way they are SUPPOSED to be living originally. But most doctors dont bother pressuring people to completely cut out artificial carbs and maintain a mostly protein diet, because most doctors know that patients are too lazy or ignorant to do so, even if such a simple and necessary change means they will keep all their limbs and most likely not have to face early life heart attack and stroke. So i see people all the time, people whos intelligence i respect, newly diagnosed with diabetes, munching on chips and cookies, and sucking down soft drinks. They think "oh, im just supposed to take insulin when my bs is high, and it will be ok" not realizing that this is continuing to damage their blood vessels and messing up their hormones and biochemistry, and early down the road they will be facing amputations, neuropathies, and other such effects. This is just one example of an attitude that permeates our culture and our lives. It is NOT impossible to live clean and disease free, its just outside of your mindset and worldview.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

Originally posted by dariousg

....The same goes for non-flourinated water. A proven brain inhibitor.

dariousg,

What do you mean by this? Do you mean non-fluorinated water is a brain inhibitor?

Thanks!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by holyTerror]

I believe what he was saying is, if you are away from flourinated water for a while, like the HFCS, you can feel the change in your body.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Corn syrup yes, but high fructose is faster at ruining your body, i work around soda..rarely touch it, when i do i feel sick. Strong drinks from the gas station..stomach aches and body pains. This commercial just makes me not suprised to see stupid women passing off reality for blissful pleasure..hope they spend some time in the bathroom after that party.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
darn i used to love "grape drink"
i DO think high fructose is bad though. the name itself sketches me out. ill just use regular sugar please. or honey

hahaha that video is hilarious though. great acting....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
darn i used to love "grape drink"
i DO think high fructose is bad though. the name itself sketches me out. ill just use regular sugar please. or honey

hahaha that video is hilarious though. great acting....

"grape drink" interesting because im actually drinking grape drink right now. Ingredients are Water, sugar, citric acid, Gum arabic, artificial flavors, and a plethora of #40s colorings ..

just wierd is all.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBadge

The great Dave Chappelle weighs in on Grape Drink [1:55, although I recommend watching the entire bit]...

[edit on 9.6.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

[edit on 9.6.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

OH, my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!I just saw the first advertisement today about a girl trying to get her friend a Popsicle and he no able to say why it was not right to eat it.

I just could not believe that this companies are allowed to promote unhealthy food additives.

I guess when money is at stake anything goes.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I was curious if anyone else noticed the new propaganda bit put out by our friends in the Corn Syrup industry?

HA!! I was going to start a thread on this!

It's driving me nutz.

The two women get together.
One pours a drink full of High Fructose Corn Syrup for the kiddies.
The other mom says - 'WAIT THAT"S BAD'
The drink pouring mom says 'why'.

The mom that said 'wait that's bad' suddenly doesn't know why it's bad.
Like she's an idiot or something.

It's bad because it's the leading cause of Type2 Diabetes in this country!
That's NOT hard to remember.

This commercial has been driving me nutz.
I'm soooooooooooooo glad you posted this thread!
(I was going to post this in RANT and I was going to complain!
)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Actually there are a lot of Americans becoming LOCOVORES, Enough so the USDA and FDA want to drive the small farmer and organic farmer out of business. Much of the problem is education. When schools have coke machines and candy machines in the halls it is no wonder we have trouble with the children. At least parents are now demanding those machines are removed. So yes better eating habits are slowly catching on.

(some say sugar is more addictive the nicotine or coc aine)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just saw the news and had an interview of a kid that was stocking up for the huricane in Florida, he said he was stocking up on sweets and specificaly sugar!............what does that say about nutrition in this country?

P.S. the History channel had an episode of "Sugar" on Modern Marvels, they did a segment about High Fructose Corn Surup, and how it was made, but also they had a Nutritionalist say that the HFCS was esencially BAD and was linked to certain diseases.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
this is why I only drink 100% juice and not that juice cocktail I see on about half of all "juice". Plus I usually drink Hansens soda which doesnt put HFCS in their non-diet sodas. And too be honest I can tell the difference in how I feel now as opposed to 4 or 5 years ago

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
sweet so im cool with grape drink? haha it looks like that's what shes pouring so it doesnt have the ingredient they claim? wtf haha

oh yeah ive seen that before!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

I wrote them a nice letter telling them how sick they are for doing this. Here's the link you want to. Pass it around.

www.corn.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The global sugar industry (a substantial player in the NWO) is owned by shareholders of the Federal Reserve Bank (City of London). It is stable of the addictive monopolies (coffee, tea, sugar, heroin, coc aine), and control of sugar (as well as copper, gold and oil) has been one of the many reasons for many coups and takeovers of many countries.

If you review the following charts, you'll note the presence of the sugar 'lords' & their companies (look for the word, "sugar", primarily in Chart 2):

[edit on 7-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join