It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Fructose Corn Syrup Propaganda

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was curious if anyone else noticed the new propaganda bit put out by our friends in the Corn Syrup industry?

Good stuff right there.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OMG! They had the nerve .....

lmao @ this one. Not only is it corny but it's false advertising.
There is nothing safe about that stuff, my body still has a very hard time if anything I eat has it in it.

that was amusing on a very twisted level though

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Wow.

"Paid for by the Committee to Charge You for Killing You"

Interesting choice on ethnicities for the women.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks so much for posting this!

I saw it on TV last night and was sure I was mistaken at what I was hearing. Now it's confirmed.

I also love the one that says you can improve your child's concentration in school by feeding them a breakfast of frosted mini-wheats!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
What next...?, One-A-Day Aspartame Flintstones Chewables, and Splenda-dipped pacifiers for our infants....

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Holy crap...

Eh it figures they would try making people who question the FDA out to look like conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy theorists are NUTS and people who eat what the corporations are selling without concern are INFORMED. The sad thing is that most people won't even get it, and then when they hear about high fructose corn syrup, they'll suddenly remember the commercial and go "You're crazy. It's made from corn."
Heroin is made from poppy seed, but I wouldn't suggest using heroin to flavor our foods. As long as the majority is misguided, there's no stopping these criminals

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well I am glad that I am not alone on this one.

Another similar item that I have seen...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

Heroin is made from poppy seed, but I wouldn't suggest using heroin to flavor our foods.s

That was too good to pass up. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
does anyone have some good reliable links telling the true dangers of corn syrup? i don't mean to be "one of those" skeptics, but i'd like to read some more about this from some decent sources. i'm certain this stuff is bad for you, but i'd like to know why exactly. thanks!

EDIT: lol i just noticed the woman says there're no artificial ingredients in high fructose corn syrup... isn't high fructose corn syrup itself an artificial ingredient? lol incredible...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Okay, I'll try to keep with recognizeable links. However, you must understand that it is NOT just corn syrup. Corn syrup isn't great but it's actually not as bad as High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Mayo Clinic on HFCS

Washington Post Article

Now the CT point of view that isn't too far off

Plain and simply put, it is a chemical that a body has extreme trouble breaking down. It is now found in MOST foods at the store and in fast foods/restraunts. I even found it IN chocolate milk! Can you believe that crap?

It is a cheap poison that is kind of like the nicotine in cigarettes. One can become addicted to it without even realizing. However, once your body is free of it for long enough (quite a long time because it doesn't like to be burned naturally by the body), you feel like a completely different person.

The same goes for non-flourinated water. A proven brain inhibitor.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

High fructose intake has been associated with increased de novo lipogenesis in the liver as well as increased plasma triglycerides, insulin resistance, and obesity. Fructose occurs naturally in fruits and vegetables; however, it is added to many processed foods as table sugar (sucrose) and high-fructose corn syrup

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Of course there are other researches (not short surveys) and their results often contradict each other, but i guess that the conclusions above are pretty close to reality.
Now i do not say that it is the most awful thing we consume. I personally fear more hormones and drugs that are in our food. But it is also one of dangers, people should be aware of it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe the simplest way to describe the health effects of HFCS is that it is a blend of fructose and glucose. Natural sugar comes in the form of sucrose, which is a molecule of fructose and a molecule of glucose bonded together. When sucrose is present in your system your body excretes sucrase in order to break it down. This initiates a digestive process that involves insulin and produces a reaction that fulfills hunger.

When you eat fructose sucrase is not released, hunger is not fulfilled and is messes with insulin production.

That's the jest of it, I may be a bit off.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I drink a lot of Propel Fitness Water. In fact, it's pretty much all that I drink all day. I've virtually eliminated soda and similar drinks from my diet.

So, I'm reading this thread and looking at the ingredients on my Propel bottle. The second ingredient is "sucrose syrup". Is this bad like HFCS is? And does anyone know if beverages like Propel are bad for you? I just hate plain water. I've never been able to drink it in any decent quantity, and it really doesn't quench my thirst. Propel is the exception. And since drinking plenty of water is supposedly good for you, I felt like Propel was a suitable alternative for me. 25 calories per 16oz bottle, and 4g of sugar. It's not perfect, but it's an acceptable risk for me.

So, if anyone can answer my questions, it would be greatly appreciated! Also, I do drink the occasional Vitamin Water, which I have seen before is worse for you than Propel is. I don't have a bottle handy so I can't check for HFCS or anything. But if you know anything about Vitamin Water, in addition to Propel, I would like to hear it. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

There is no such thing as conscience to those responsible for this, imo.

ALSOPURE...???, Pure BS

[edit on 6-9-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Way to go again Karl. Every nutritionist today will tell you to avoid anything with the high fructose corn sugar in it to avoid like the plague. I haven't touched soda for three years. Except for an occasional seven up. Never had any never did...can relate...just kidding.

The baby water was a great touch. No, I never got the raucus for reasons I'll you too about. Sure did want it though. S and F nice job.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That's some interesting stuff here. Thanks for the information. I was clueless about HFCS, and I'm from the corn belt. I also work in the agricultural industry...so I guess I'm part of the problem, not the solution, huh? Gotta love ATS!

Being conspiracy minded myself, I can see how, in the big picture, some could see a grand plan by big corporations, the ag industry, pharmaceutical co's, etc...to reap huge profits at the expense of America's health. Although, I do agree most decisions by most entities are economic, I can't swallow that, in this instance, it is done with malicious intent, and part of a huge conspiracy. But, who knows, and who could ever truly find out? Then again, EVERYthing has a side-effect, and hopefully, HFCS, if it is so bad...will be "discovered", with credible research, and eliminated from the food chain.

Remember, DDT was the single best remedy for mosquitos, handed out to our troops in World War 2. It was used because it was cheap, and extremely effective. Well, it then took some time to discover its' evils and get it elimanted from the food chain. If I'm not mistaken, it's still used in some countries for the same reasons.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok.......

Anyone have any facts for the rebuttal?

I see a lot of people saying its still bad, but with no evidence!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its terrible but, facts would be nice....

The baby water made my jaw drop

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

What next...?, One-A-Day Aspartame Flintstones Chewables, and Splenda-dipped pacifiers for our infants....

Already been done. Hersey's make infant food and uses the new GMO sugar beet sugar in their formulas. The FDA has not bothered to test the GMO beets since Monsanto asked them not to....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
www.westonaprice.org...

You asked, you got it. Enjoy. And put down the Coke/pepsi.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the link......

So its bad for rats........I want a human study!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join